Author Topic: Young Dead [Zombie Sploder Story] [CH 7 - From All Sides!] [NEW!!!]  (Read 1079 times)

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
YOUNG DEAD

Note To Readers: All cussing from the original story will not be bypassed, the censor will be allowed to catch the cussing from the story, I did not write it how you will see it, just imagine it as the words without the censor. Thank you for reading.

CHARCTER LIST

Character Sign Up Thread

Note To Readers: Majority of characters are between 14 and 16. Also, the avaatrs shown below are not that of the member's character, but the sploder avatar version of what the character looks like ahaha

Tyson [Male] - Me
Hayley [Female] - Casper11
Emma [Female] - Empirestatebuild
Butters [Male] - Beefburito
Lennie [Male] - Masenko
Megan [Female] - Creatingames
Nikki [Female] - NijkoLime
Kevin [Male] - Blackhole2
Dye [Male] - Firetrolik
Daniel [Male] - Peterzhang1
Mitchell [Male] - Mat7772
Jezza [Male] - Religousreviews
Spike [Dog] - Drummer
]Leon [Male] - Troyio
Elly [Female] - Bijesnazaba
Jennifer [Female] - Darkchronicle
Rebecca [Female] - Ticktatwert
Mr. Montalto [Male] - Thebluefire2011
Ezekiel [Male] - WWEandmetalmusic
Hyde [Male] - Vinniepaz1234567
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:36 am by JJS »
#WCGP

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
Re: Young Dead [Zombie Sploder Story] [Chapter 2 Out!]
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 09:21 pm »
1 – The Dead’s Dinner Bell

Almost all at once I hear a car out front swerve and crash into a garage, our garage. I grab Dad’s gun, his Beretta M9 and head out to the garage. Mum’s unconscious at the least, most likely dead, with her head leaning on the wheel, the horn is causing a racket. Dad is not with her… don’t know where he is. That’s when I notice the rasping and groaning, zombies pour in through the smashed garage door, they’re attracted to the noise all right.

“crud.”

I yell at Hayley to go and lock herself in her room, funny, I think this is the first time my older sister has ever done what I’ve told her to do… Emma is crying and goes with Hayley. In the background of the zombies pouring in through the back door, a reporter on Channel 9 news states that the disease has gone global.

“You don’t flipping say?”

I start taking down the Dead, one by one that are pushing each other all through the house, there’s too many, and that’s when I see people that I recognise… Mr and Mrs Smith from next door. I yell through the noise at Hayley and Emma to get in my room, the back room of the house. I grab the car keys on the kitchen bench; take down a few more with my Dad’s Beretta and that’s when I hear it, screaming. At first I mistook it for Mum’s, but I notice the dead pouring into Hayley’s room; I go to take out the dead that are going in, but as I squeeze the trigger, I hear the most dreadful sound I think I’ve heard all day.

*click*

*click*

“Oh for flipp’s sake… DAMN IT.”

I turn the corner and run into my room, the house was full of them, and I almost mistook Hayley for a zombie, about to belt her across the head with the barrel.

“Where’s Emma?” Hayley asks me, in shock.

I only have to look back at her and she knows what has happened. I slam the door and push the bed up against it, it won’t hold for long, but it’s enough. I grab a backpack and stuff in some clothes, I was meant to be folding the washing, luckily for Hayley some of her clothes are there in the washing basket, I throw her a tennis bag and she grabs a few clothes. I  reach into the wardrobe and take out multiple boxes of bullets that I stole from Dad a few days earlier, guess my day just keeps getting better and better, huh?

“Hurry up Tyson!” Hayley screams.

I turn to see hungry and rattled up looking heads of the Dead squeezing through the door, it won’t hold for much longer, a minute at the most is my best guess, I load up the Beretta and then I stuff the remaining room in my backpack with bullets and smash the window at the exact moment the door is pushed open, Hayley dives out, I take one last shot. Mrs Greenwood. Didn’t like her very much, complained when I kicked the footy onto her so called ‘garden’.

“flipp you, butt.” Then I slip through the window.

“What keys did you grab? Better not have been Dad’s, if he comes back he’ll need a vehicle.”

“Hayley, remember all those times you called me a ‘no-good-thief’?”

“Of course, that’s what you are.”

“Me being a no good thief has done some good, today. They’re the keys to Peter’s 4WD.” I smirk.

I climb over the gate around the side of the house and Hayley follows. The street is full of the Dead. I’m about to tell Hayley to be quiet, we need to sneak around to Peter’s house and get in the car without getting seen, smelt, or heard, when my phone starts ringing. I kick the fence beside me in frustration for not putting it on vibrate.

I throw the keys and a garden shovel to Hayley.

“Run to Peter’s car, I’ll cover you, got plenty of ammo, hit any that I can’t shoot with the shovel. Open up the boot and reverse back here, I’ll jump in.”

“Tyson, this best work, or you’re dead, literally.”

“I could say the same to you, hurry the hell up, these dumb buttes have finally clued on that it’s dinner time.” I start shooting down the Dead that walk this way, Hayley starts to run. I take down about 20 when I hear the sound of a message coming through on my phone.

“Oh my flipping God, can’t you see I’m in a situation right now?” Great, now I’m talking to myself, about 3 dozen of the Dead are heading this way. I hear the engine of Peter’s car start up. About time, I’m only cornered, no big deal. She COULD hurry up a little. I grab out the box and load up the Beretta again. I look up and see Hayley driving down the street, reckless as anything, further away from where I am.

“Talk about a no-good-thief. God damn it.”

I elbow the fence in frustration; she let out, first chance she got. I climb back over the fence and into the neighbour’s backyard, just before the wave got to me. Its Jezza’s house, I noticed the cars out front were gone, he must’ve already left, it seems quiet, and the front door was locked when I checked around earlier today, good chance the dead haven’t overrun it yet… if good chances even exist anymore.

I take this chance to check my phone, 2 messages. One from Lennie and one from Butters. Both read;

Hey richardhead, you alive out there? Get to the school, now, we’re in the Tech Room.

I smile, of course, that’s where we always planned to be located if this were to ever happen, can’t believe it actually did. The Tech Room. Behind Jezza’s house was a large paddock, follow it North for a few kilometres and it led on to be the school football oval. It was a straight shot.

2 – Drunk

“Kids –er, I don’t give a flipp about this dead-biz –er, I’m working, GET OUT!” Mr Montalto was irritated.

“You’re drunk, stay quiet, you’re attracting the attention of the dead,” piped up Butters.

“Get out of the room, this is MY Tech Room, `its way after school hours, I’m not afraid to hand you a green slip!” It was obvious now that Mr Montalto was drunk.

“Are you flipping oblivious to what’s going on, the dead are outside.” Butters is clearly aggravated.

“Let’s just wait until Tyson arrives,” Lennie said, bored.

While the young survivors are busy chatting, Mr Montalto was noticed to stand up and head to the door, by Spike, Jezza’s dog, he’s barking wildly as Montalto picks up the pace, running to the door.

“HE’S GOING TO LET IN THE DEAD!” Nikki squealed.

Butters grabs the nearest screwdriver and speeds around the table, grabbing him around the neck just before he reached the door and driving the screwdriver into the top of his balding head. Butters spits on the ground in disgust, as the blood oozes out around his head.

“Guess we learn something new every day, I had no idea that Montalto was a ranger.” Lennie laughs.

“Has Tyson replied yet?” Elly asks, quickly to change the subject. Butters’ phone vibrates, but it won’t turn it on.

“This god forsaken piece of rusty metal won’t flipping turn on!” Typical Butters; always aggravated. Lennie checks his phone too, which doesn’t turn on.

“I think we can assume that the phones are down, probably for good.” Leon mopes.

The survivors ignore Leon’s mopey attitude and assume that Tyson’s about to get here, Butters, Lennie, Nikki and Megan have grabbed screwdrivers, hammers, knives, whatever weaponry they have. 

“Hey, uh- guys…?” Mitchell asks. “Should we really be risking 4 members of the group’s lives, for one guy? Just for Tyson?”

“I gotta say, the dumb flipp is right, if something goes wrong out there, then we’ll be 5 people worse off, including Tyson. And it’s not just 5; it’s 4 of the biggest leaders in our group, 5 if you want to count Tyson too. flipp him, let him find his own way in, we shouldn’t be risking 4 lives, to get 1 in return.” Daniel finishes.

“Hey, as much as I disagree with the group separating, we’ve got to get Tyson, he might have weapons, food, water, maybe. Ya’ll want that, right?” Butters puts forward.

“Water?” Jezza inquires.

“Yeah, I’m sure your dog Spike would want some of that, right?” Lennie persuades.

“Hey hold on a minute, we’re gonna help the dog first? I’m just saying, but is Spike really the priority? The mutt is useless; he’s old and attracts the attention of the dead!” Leon whines.

“The final decision is down to me, we’ll sort it out on our way back. I’m the leader, remember that.” Butters informs.

“Mhm, self-appointed,” mutters Elly.

“What did you say to me?” Butters presses forward.

“Hey uh, let’s go kick some zombies ass, hey?” Megan eases the tension.

“Leon, while we’re clearing the paths for Tyson, get Montalto’s keys so we can lock up the door later, we’ll be safer that way.” Butters insists.

Nikki, Megan, Lennie & Butters head out of the room, stabbing any one of the dead that gets in their way. Lennie uses his makeshift knife to drive it into the skull, it crosses his mind that he knew most of these people, pretty well, and now he’s killing them without a second thought. Lennie keeps on doing what he does best; fight melee style. Whilst Butters is the brute of the survivors, smashing in these ‘flippin’ undead brains. He’s kind of like a thrill seeker, Butters. Nikki uses two screwdrivers to drive into the decayed and rotting skulls of the dead young and old; she finds a certain satisfaction when she takes down one of the dead. Megan uses a kitchen knife that she quickly grabbed when the outbreak happened, I don’t suppose it’s left her sights since, we all need some reassurance with us, right?

“Lennie! Behind you!” Megan screeches.

A zombie lurks up on Lennie from behind, and grabs a hold of his shoulder. Lennie attempts to squirm out of its grasp, but the nails dig in, the dead don’t hurt or tire, they keep coming. Nikki goes to lend assistance, but before she can reach Lennie;

“Nikki, get back here, we’ve got problems of our own.” Butters reminds her.

They quartet find themselves surrounded by a couple dozen dead, not much breathing space, average weaponry, and even then not enough time to take down all of them. Lennie’s on the ground now, kicking off the dead, struggling to keep him off until a gunshot fires and Lennie’s pursuer drops dead. 6 more shots are fired at surrounding dead. The group can’t see who it is or where this person is, but they know sure as hell that their group has no firearms in the slightest. The four make their move on the circling dead and eventually have cut the swarm down to null.

Before Butters’ can shout out to the gunman, another shot whizzes past the side of his head and grazes his ear, hitting one of the dead behind him between the eyes.

“F-flipp.” Butters is shocked to feel his ear, where a centimeter of cartilage is no longer attached, lying on the ground next to his shoe.

“Ugh.” Megan looks away.

The group each look around, backs facing each other, keeping a lookout from all sides. A scrape of a shoe is heard on the cement on Lennie’s side, he raises the knife for whoever approaches.

“Saved your asses, you owe me somethin’.”

I appear from around the corner. Butters looks almost in disbelief, but brushes off his surprise to see me and turns the attention to his ear which was grazed. 

“I don’t owe you crud, Tys. Just look at my ear!” Butters is infuriated.

“Cry me a river.” I smirk and heads into the Tech Room.

I see a lot of familiar faces, Butters with that very defined jaw of his, his blond hair. Then there’s Lennie’s dark skin, curly black hair and that toothy smile of his. Kevin and Dye, of Asian descent, probably two of the coolest Asians in the school before the world went to crud, Dye, pretty tank, then Kevin as the smallest here. There’s Daniel and Mitchell, always hanging around each other but polar opposites, I remember back in the days at school, they always use to argue about the smallest of things, they’re in a bit of an argument right now; some things never change. There’s Jezza and his dog Spike, my next door neighbours, his olive skin and black hair, a pretty negative kind of guy. There’s Leon, and never liked him, he’s from the Philippines, but just a flipping sook most of the time. Then there’s the girls, Elly, long blond hair and of medium height, then there’s Jennifer who looks similar, and Rebecca with her dark black hair and a palish skin tone, they both used to fight over Butters in school. He never chose either. Then there’s Nikki, an islander, Samoan, she’s taller than most girls and Megan, medium height, brunette hair and a tanned skin tone.

I knew everybody, I felt right where I wanted to be.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 04:23 am by JJS »
#WCGP

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 09:21 pm »
3 – Swallowed Safety

“So Tys… you’ve got firearms…?” Kevin and Dye ask in unison.

“Yeah, sure.” I show them my dad’s Beretta.

“Nice piece… but I think they mean plural. Is that it?” Jezza butts in.

“Just the one, sorry mate.” Looks like I’ve disappointed some of the group.

“Tell you what, let’s organise a few of us that go for a run every once in a while, scavenge supplies, weaponry, whatever we need-”

“Hey, hey, hold it. I’m the one who makes the decisions here.” Butters snaps. He’s getting stitched up by Rebecca.

“Chill cuz, it’s a pretty sound idea if you ask me.” Lennie attempts to calm down the hot-headed Butters. Mitchell and Daniel nod in agreement.

Spike starts barking loudly, it echoes wildly around the whole room, something must’ve spooked him. I try whistling and petting him to calm him down but he still keeps going.

“That dog is a ticking time bomb.” Jennifer states bluntly.

“How do you figure? He’s perfectly fine, leave him alone.” Jezza defends his dog.

“She’s right, he starts barking at the wrong and we might get ourselves into a sticky situation. I’m just telling it like it is, that dog will be the death of us. We can’t exactly tape his mouth shut, and I’m pretty sure it’s going to be hard to keep him going. How old did you say he was? 13? 14? He’s an old dog, he can’t hunt, he’s barely on his feet, and we need to eliminate the problem. Just look at the dead at the door already.” Butters takes charge.

A creaking sound comes from the door, I look toward the handle and I my jaw must’ve dropped to the ground in shock. The door handle is turning.

“You think they’ve clued on? On how to open doors, I mean.” Rebecca asks.

“Well, we can’t take any chances, Butters and I creep to the door and lean up against it.

“Are you guys telling me it’s not locked?” I ask.

“The keys are around Mr Montalto’s neck, the dead body should be in the backroom since it isn’t out here anymore…” Jennifer tells me.

Butters moves away from the door and orders Lennie to help me with keeping it closed just in case.

“I found the body, but where the flipp are the keys? I told Leon to grab them earlier- speaking of which, where the flipp is that gypsy anyway?” Butters storms out of the backroom, he heads through the other door which leads to the class next door, which we already know is filled with dead. I push a table up against the door for reassurance and I follow Butters. He flings open the door to the next room and Leon is sitting on top of the cabinet, legs dangling down, inches from the dead, looks like he’s trying to clear his mind, his family that’s gone and the fact that he doesn’t fit in as well with the others in the group. He’s swinging the chain with the key on the end above the swarm of the dead. He catches the movement in the forum and spots Butters. His eyes widen.

“Give me that key, come on.” Butters is trying to be steady with him, he realises now of all times to be steady. He sure as hell wouldn’t want Leon to crud his pants and drop the key into the pack of zombies.

“Leon, now.”

Leon unhooks the key off the chain, and surprises me like never before.
He swallows the key.

“NO!” Butters charges in, hammer in hand, smashing any zombies that gets in his way, he’s going to smash Leon’s head in, I can see it. I stand by the doorway to assure he doesn’t get out. That’s when I hear screaming from our room next door.

“Tyson! Butters! THE DOOR AIN’T GONNA HOLD!”

“You go; I’ve got this crud head.” Butters tells me, not stopping from chasing Leon.

I head to our Tech Room and the door is barely holding, even with a couple of bodies and the table as help, they just don’t tire, the dead, and we do. It was bound to happen, I help with the door and I spot Leon heading for the window, him jumping out will result in plenty of dead coming in, I grab a piece of wood of the bench and throw it at Leon, it hits him on the neck, and he trips to the ground. Butters limps into the room with the hammer and kicks Leon who’s on the ground. Before he can get up, Butters slams the hammer down on the side of his head multiple times, blood spilling out onto the floor.

Most of the group echo around each other’s thoughts, Jezza was probably only Leon’s real friend, they weren’t that close but still, all that came out of his mouth was a ‘holy crud’.

“The son of a butt swallowed the key.” Butters announces to the group.

“So we’re screwed?” Daniel asks.

“Nah cuz just gotta cut open his stomach,” Lennie smiles.

The smile distinguished from his face when Megan throws him a knife.

“I’m gonna catch some z’s. It was a long day.” Megan announces and heads off to the back room.

“Amen to that.”

I notice Jezza sitting with Spike in the far corner. He doesn’t look well.

“Tyson, about what Butters said before about Spike…-“

“Hey man, we don’t have to kill Spike, don’t sweat it.” I reassure him.

“No, we do. He’s starving, I already have been to the shopping centre, everything’s raided, even the dog food. We should just kill him now.”

“Man are you serious about this?” I’m surprised, shocked.

“Yeah, I said goodbye and all, he’s asleep now. He’ll never know.” Personally, I had no idea if Jezza was himself, if he was sure about this.

“I’ll do it.” I lighten the load on him; I don’t think he could bring himself to do it.

I stroke the dog’s ear, and pull out my Beretta. I load the gun and shoot Spike through the back of the head, the sound ricocheting all over the room and sparked more thumping from the zombies at the door. Spike wouldn’t have felt a thing, Jezza sheds a tear and nods, and it was the right thing to do.

Everyone besides me, Kevin, Dye and Butters head off for some rest. Lennie’s cutting open the stomach of Leon, searching for the key. Butters and I talk for a while, about the group that should go for runs for supplies, weaponry and all. We selected Mitchell and Daniel, they might as well make themselves useful, they’re never a help around here.    

We decided a more trusted member of the group should tag along and Lennie offered his services, neither of us had a problem with him going.
We decided we should figure out some more organised sleeping quarters. We should find some more sleeping stuff, such as blankets, pillows, sleeping bags and all. Most of the group share one large mattress in the back room (which itself isn’t of great size) and we only have a couple of sleeping bags. We decided on clearing the dead bodies that Butters killed on his rampage earlier outside and putting that room to use. 7 in there, including Lennie, Dye and Kevin leading that room, while Butters and I would stay in the current room with 4 others, making 6. We’d split the group into the adjoining rooms so we had some more space.
Our final thought was weapons; the back room has a bunch of stuff. Hammers, files, nails, screwdrivers. We decided if we didn’t hit the jackpot on weaponry when Lennie, Mitch and Dan go and scavenge, we’d put the tools to good use; everybody needed a weapon.

I’ve got to say, we’re starting to get pretty organised.

“I’ve got it. Done,” Lennie announces. He pulls out the rusting key from the cut open stomach and hands it to Dye. He goes and locks up the room. Meanwhile Kevin moves two tables and flips them on their sides and pushes them up against the windows, the dead can’t see over the top of them or into the room now.

“Gotta make things secure, right?” Kevin smiles.

I turn the Beretta around in my hands, just thinking. I do this for a while, you know, think about my Dad, whether he’s still out there, looking for me.

“I’m going back.”

Lennie and Butters jump, probably at the abruptness of the statement.

Maybe I just hadn’t realize how long I was thinking for and that they may’ve drifted off to sleep.

“What do you mean, going back?” Butters asks.

“I have to know whether my Dad’s out there, you know?”

“That’s suicide man, your house was overrun, your street, the whole world, how can you not see that? I lost part of my goddamn ear getting you in here, and you’re going to leave, simple as that?” Butters’ short temper is starting to show.

“Chill cuz, he’ll be back, if you’re that uptight about him leaving then I’ll do it, write a note at the door, and get back here. You did select me as the senior member of the group to go for runs, remember? Mitchell and Daniel and I can do it after we scavenge supplies, on the return trip. Sound good?” Lennie once again takes control of the situation.

“Yeah, whatever.”

4 - Questioning Authority

…Meanwhile, in the back room.

“Rebecca? You awake?” Elly whispers.

“Yeah. Can’t sleep.” Rebecca yawns.

“Do you really think Butters is… the right guy to be the leader?” Elly asks.

“He’s a psychopath, I can understand what you’re thinking, but he seems to be surviving okay himself, who’s to really judge?” Rebecca defends Butters, not out of love interest; more that she’s the kind of ‘don’t fix something that isn’t broken’ kind of girl.

“He’s surviving alright, minus that ear of his,” Jennifer enters the conversation, the three awake girls laugh.

“Why is it always the boys that get the spotlight? I’m just saying, what if I wanted to be the leader?” Nikki contributes jokingly.

“Elly’s right. Butters isn’t really the kind of person to lead the group, he’s… too much of a psycho. Didn’t you see how easy he took out Mr Montalto and Leon, without a moment’s hesitation? He’s kill first, think later. I don’t like him leading, he can survive, yeah, but can he help others survive just as well? If you ask me? No. Just think about that.” Megan expands the conversation.

Everyone’s awake besides Jezza and the debate continues.

5 – Long Day Ahead

“C’mon, get up, all of you! We have work to do!” Butters’ yelling voice
ricochets all around the backroom. Everybody gets up.

“Mitchell and Daniel, grab whatever you want to use as a weapon. We’re going out, we 3 will go for supply runs whenever we’re in need, hopefully we can find some more weaponry while we’re there. Bring a backpack each but pack light, we have to get in and out quickly,” Lennie orders.

I inform a few others of our job. “Jezza, Nikki, you two come with me, out to the oval. We’re going to bury Mr Montalto, Leon and Spike. Megan and Elly will clear the way, grab some shovels and whatever you think is necessary to bash a zombies brain in.”

Butters finishes off the commands; “Dye, Kevin, Jennifer and Rebecca, clear out the dead bodies from next door, burn them on the oval too, start shifting supplies and even them out between the two rooms, one of the dead bodies in next door’s room will probably be a teacher, find the keys so that the door in that room is secure as well.”

Today’s going to be a long day.

Daniel and Mitchell head through the door of the house first, with Lennie keeping close behind. Almost as soon as Lennie closed the door behind him the rasping of nearby dead were heard.

“Both of you, get down now,” Lennie instructs, creeping his way to the front, he presses his ear against a nearby door and it seemed for sure that’s where the dead was, it sounded like only one.

Lennie charges through the door with his trusty knife and sees one dead up close, it was just the one, no big deal. The dead slumped to the ground as Lennie removed the knife from the head.

“You two, search the room, keep your eyes and ears peeled, I’ll look through the rest of the house.”

Lennie picks up the pace and heads into the next room, half expecting another of the dead to meet him, what he saw in front of his eyes was completely unexpected. Somebody had been living here, holding up, and recently. There were two sleeping bags, 3 small pillows, 2 bottles of water and a couple of cans of beans and the like. Lennie knows he’s got to do what it takes to survive, he stuffs it all into his bag, though while he’s picking up the final sleeping bag, a large gun revealed itself, just laying right there on the bloody floorboards. He looks up as if to thank God. He grabs the Mossberg 590, extended magazine tube and pistol grip. Today was great so far, even better considering there’s a box worth about 50 rounds of ammo.

Lennie retreats back through the house to the front room, where Daniel found a couple of shotgun rounds just lying around. Mitchell comes back from another door, seemingly leading to a garage.

“These guys… pretty flippin’ well stacked,” Daniel points out.

Right before the three was a sick motorbike, a Black Kawasaki Ninja, and a Jeep Gladiator.

“Do we loot them?” Mitchell asks.

“Sure, why not? We’ve already looted every other useful thing in this house, I’ve got no concern with screwing them over anymore,” Lennie moves towards the bike. “I call dibs on this.”

Mitchell and Daniel both yell; “I get the Jeep!” in unison.

“Keep your voice down guys,” Lennie reminds the two. “Have ya’ll ever driven a car before? This is for Tyson, I’ll drive back though, and me and Daniel will get the bike into the back, go and find the keys. Make it quick, we don’t want to get caught by these guys, do we now? Go.”

A few minutes later Mitchell returns with two sets of keys.

“Lennie, are we going straight back to the school, or should we try our luck at a few more places?” Daniel asks.

“Let’s see how we are for fuel first.”

The engine warms up, working fine, almost full amount of fuel.

“Man, these guys seem really stacked… we better get out of here before we’re on the receiving end of something brutal,” Lennie urges. “We’ll try a couple more houses too; let’s move in to the next suburb though.”

“Last one,” I say.

I’m about to drag in Leon’s body, but Jezza offers up. I keep watch and take care of a group of approaching dead while Jezza tips the dirt back over the bodies. Megan and Elly have got it covered though, the dead haven’t stopped coming at us all day, makes it worse for us in this boiling heat, but we don’t lose focus. We’re smart, they’re flipping stupid. It’s simple; we survive if we keep our guard up. We haven’t been on the receiving end of a herd yet though, luckily.

“Done,” Jezza announces.

We then clear out all of the dead currently on the school over and drag them over to a far corner, while Megan and Elly keep watch.

“We’ve got to make this place our own, you know,” Nikki says.

“What do you have in mind?” I ask.

“Just… clear out each and all of the dead, secure the fences, clear out every single room in the school, like I said, let’s make this place ours,” Nikki replies.

She’s got a point, I’ll give her that.

“Sounds like a plan, I’ll bring it up with Butters tonight.”

“Why?” Elly questions.

“Technically, he’s the leader, isn’t he?” I’m seeking clarification here.

“We all talked about it last night, pretty much all of us that were in the back room besides Rebecca agree that Butters isn’t the right person to lead us,” Megan informs me.

“Okay and why do you think Rebecca feels differently?” I ask, trying to see all points of view.

“She doesn’t find it necessary to fix things that supposedly aren’t broken,” Elly says.

We start heading back to the Tech Room to see if any other help is needed to get things done quicker.

“This room stinks like hell.” Jennifer pinches her nose and makes a gagging action to show her disgust. “We’ve moved all of the bodies out the front and it still smells.”

“We really need some air fresheners or something,” Rebecca states.
Kevin taps the side of his head. “Or even better, you can use that brain inside your skull and open the window!” Dye and Kevin each open a window to let it air out.

“Dye, shut the windows, now,” Jennifer insists. “The dead might get in.”

“There’s nowhere near as many as before, and they can’t get in, they’re too flipping stupid,” Kevin ends it at that.

I walk in the door with the 4 others and I’m immediately called from the next room, I head over and Kevin and Dye ask us to take all of the dead bodies to the oval.

“Yeah sure… is there a reason you two can’t?” I ask, hoping not to sound rude.

“Haven’t heard Butters since this morning, I don’t know where he is. Me and Dye will head out to look for him,” Kevin explains.

I realise also that I hadn’t noticed Butters hanging around for quite a few hours. Oh well, I get to work with the bodies again.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 01:46 am by JJS »
#WCGP

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 09:22 pm »
“Alright, the last two houses were dead ends, this is the last one we’re doing before Tyson’s house, got it? We’ve got plenty of sleeping gear, try and find a little more food and water, firearms if possible. Got it?” Lennie has really stepped up as a leader.

Lennie takes down three dead with his knife and heads to the far back room, looking to find his way back through the house as he goes. The whiff of dead body scent hits Lennie as soon as he enters the master bedroom. A young couple are lying on a bed, holding hands. Both were shot in the head. Inside the guys loose grip is a Browning Hi Power, nice gun.    Lennie checks for ammo. There’s 10 rounds left in the gun. Lennie raids through the cupboard and finds a bunch of stuff, family photo albums, clothes; Lennie notices a bulge in the back corner of a drawer and pulls out a box of ammo, 30 rounds left. He throws the gun to Mitchell whose busy putting in a few cans of beans into his bag. Daniel reaches into the refrigerator and pulls out two bottles of water.    

“Aiight, let’s go,” Lennie orders.

“Yes sir.”

The three head into Tyson’s house and take a look around, there are plenty of dead around, and Lennie notices one as Tyson’s little sister. He puts her down.

Daniel grabs a paper and pen while Lennie and Mitchell pick off the dead that have noticed them.

Mr Riewoldt,

If you find this letter, please take it with you. This is Lennie, Tyson’s fine, we’ll check back here every so often, if we see the letter’s gone, we’ll come looking for you. I can’t tell you of our location, if somebody else gets to this first we could be in trouble.

Lennie.

“We can’t head back with just this…” Mitchell says.

“Why not? We hit the jackpot today.” Lennie replies.

“Think about it, how many of us are there, about a dozen? A couple of cans of beans won’t last us more than a week, and that’s pushing it.” Daniel agrees.

“One more house, then.” Lennie gives in.

The three drive the car around the back to the field behind Tyson’s house.
“We’ll leave this here; we don’t want to unnecessarily attract any dead. After sneaking through a few streets the three take one final alleyway. A gunshot is fired in the distance, just the group, take this opportunity, the dead nearby would move toward the shot, they could get in a house and out with some supplies before they wandered back. The three are boosted over a fence. A dead dog that’s had its guts chewed on by one of the dead, the smell was terrible. The three sneak in through the back door, the house seemed to be in pretty good shape. There was another Browning Hi Power, empty though.

“You think the same people hold up here as the first house?” Daniel observes.

“I sure as hell don’t want to stick around to find out,” Lennie says.
Mitchell heads into the kitchen and comes across what he was looking for; more food. He tips 2 cans of beans, some honey, 5 cans of tuna and 4 packets of 2 minute noodles.

He passes them to Lennie, turning his back and putting the food into the bag.

“Lucky there’s microwaves in the school staffroom, huh?” Lennie smiles
Lennie turns around to Mitchell and Daniel behind held in headlocks from behind by two shadowy, hooded figures, the two bandits had guns to their heads. Lennie lets his instinct take over, he raises the barrel of the Mossberg, but the hooded figures are holding Daniel and Mitch in front of them, he can’t get a clear shot.

“Lower the gun. Now.” Lennie was ordered.

Not once did fear reach Lennie’s mind, though. He lowered the gun, but kept his hand on the trigger. He knows he has to do what it takes to survive. He pulls the trigger at Daniel’s foot, the bullet rips through his shoe and implants itself into Daniel’s foot, the force of the blow sent Daniel sprawling down, leaving the upper half of the body from one of the bandits wide open, before he can register what has happened, Lennie pulls the trigger a second time, the bandit slumps to the ground, blood oozing out of the headshot. Daniel limps up, still gritting his teeth, trying to keep as quiet as possible. He reaches for his Browning, Lennie and Daniel both have their guns trained on the second bandit. He kicks Mitchell forward into Lennie and the two stumble into the ground. The bandit turns around and leaps over the kitchen bench, he fires at the back window and is about to leap out, Lennie fires from the ground but misses. Daniel hits the bandit in the leg and he tumbles to the ground, starts crawling to get away.

Lennie walks over to him, places his hands on his neck and chokes him.

“Lights out, brother, don’t let the dead bugs bite.” Lennie snickers.

“Did you hear those gun shots?” Jennifer asks.

“Yeah,” I say.

“What do you mean ‘Yeah’? Butters could be in trouble, we haven’t seen him all day, we need to send help,” Rebecca says.

“There were 5 shots, Rebecca. Butters don’t have a gun, if he was in trouble he’d be dead by the first one or two,” I say.

“Tyson, you aren’t thinking. What if Lennie and the others are in trouble?” Nikki says.

“All of you relax, they’re fine. I know it,” I finish the conversation, there’s no way Butters or Lennie could be in trouble.

Could they?

That’s when a car turns up at the door, bags full of things in the back, including a Motorbike. Lennie jumps out smiling, Mitchell carries Daniel inside.

“Jennifer and Rebecca, you two know basic first aid, right?” Mitchell says.

“Yeah, why?” they reply.

“Daniel was shot. We’ll explain later.”

I’m surprised with the stuff that they found; despite the fact they were out all day I didn’t expect this. I ask what they scavenged overall.

“Stuff for sleeping?” I ask.

“2 sleeping bags, 3 pillows,” Lennie replies.

“Food, water?”

“4 bottles of water, 7 cans of beans, some honey, 5 tuna cans, 4 packets of noodles,” Lennie smiles.

“Weaponry?”

“Two Browning Hi Power’s, a Mossberg 590 with extended magazine tube, pistol grip, Glock 17, Sig Sauer, unsure as to what type,” Lennie replies.

“And… how are we for rounds?” I say.

“120 rounds overall,” Lennie says. “Oh, and this Jeep is yours, since you’ve driven before, even if it was illegal. The Black Kawasaki is my vehicle.” Lennie finishes off.

“It seems like you got everything worked out. I think it’s fair to say that you three got a lucky break, we’ve got to make this stuff last, because the amount of stuff to scavenge will only decrease as time goes on. Anyway, now that we have a second room let’s start halving the sleeping stuff. The back room leads to both rooms so we can keep the food in there, same for the weapons,” I say.

“Sounds like a plan. Really stepping up, hey? Where’s Butters?” Lennie asks.

“Truth be told, we have no splodeing clue, he’s been out all day. Dye and Kevin were going to go look for him but it’s getting dark, if he’s not back by morning we’ll go out and look,” I say.

I grab the sleeping bags and two pillows and place them in the second Tech room where Kevin, Dye, Lennie, Jezza, Rebecca, Jennifer and Megan would be staying. Butters, Mitchell, Daniel, Nikki, Elly and I would be staying in the original Tech Room.

“Everything’s done. Where do we put the vehicles?” Megan asks.

“Wherever you guys want, I’d recommend close to these rooms though, if we ever need to get out in a hurry I don’t want to be stuck here any longer then we need to,” I reply.

“Seems legit cuz,” Lennie walks past.

“You bet.”
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 01:46 am by JJS »
#WCGP

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 09:22 pm »
6 – Dread the Hunter

I awake to Dye’s head right in my face.

“You alive in there?” Dye knocks on my head.

My eyesight clears up. My first thought is Butters.

“Is Butters back yet?” I mumble.

“That’s not the problem right now, it’s not even morning. Listen, Kevin and I, we’ve been keeping watch, and there’s these two figures on the oval… they don’t move around like zombies man, they look our age, looks like they’re camping out for the night-“

“Dye, they just started a fire.” Kevin whispers.

“Yeah, you heard that right? What do we do, we let them in?” Dye asks.

“Okay first things first, no, at least not yet. We don’t know these people, yeah they look our age, but at this stage the most you’ve seen of them is a couple of shadows moving around at night. Secondly, that’s an extra two mouths to feed,” I say. “However, let’s keep an eye on them, see what they do. I’ll discuss it with Lennie and Butters when he gets back, more importantly, we have to ask the whole group. If the others aren’t comfortable with bringing in new people, we can’t really take them in.”

“Yeah, I understand.” Dye says.

I don’t really sleep from there on, I just stay awake. For some reason I was missing Butters around in the group, I’ve been around his unique personality for years, I’m thinking about things, worrying. Was he taken captive by another group? Did he get bitten? I’m also thinking about what a few of the others were saying yesterday about me being the leader. I’m not sure how I feel about it. I’m just focused on getting Butters back for the time being.

As time rolls on the summer sun rolls in through the window of the Tech room. I get up and get the beans ready for everybody, equal for everyone.

“Everyone up, breakfast,” I say.

The group get up slowly and make their way to the back room, first time they’ve probably had a proper breakfast for a while. I get an idea to head to the staff room and the canteen within the school to see if they had some food left over. But first I wanted to head out for Butters.

“Lennie, you stay here, Kevin, Dye and I are going to go out to find

Butters,” I announce.
“Won’t be any need for that,” Lennie says, looking out through the window. Butters is coming back, his hammer with his large block of solid wood on the end is smeared with blood. He’s dragging a fox back in his other hand, with its head smashed in.

Kevin speaks up. “Looks pretty pissed if you ask me.” I can’t say I disagree.

“Do you think he was out hunting all that time?” Elly asks. I laugh a bit, if he was and he only got a hold of one fox I wouldn’t be surprised if he was a little pissed.

He barges in the door.

“Problem, Butters?” Nikki asks.

“Seriously, leave Butters alone. I’m sick of all of you questioning his authority to the group, sick of you laughing at his ear, I’m sick of all of this, we should be a team, not going against each other,” Jezza groans.

Almost all of the group turn to Jezza angrily. I can understand what he’s going through, he lost his dog a few days ago, he’s probably not in the greatest state of mind.

“What did you just say?” Butters turns to Jezza.

“It’s true! I swear! They’ve been saying you shouldn’t be the leader!” Jezza says.

Now I’m angry, if you knew Butters well enough you’d know quite well not to tell him things like this, if you get Butters angry, you better hope he doesn’t have a grudge on you.

Butters is absolutely furious, the rage is burning in his eyes.

Lennie laughs a little, “Chill, cuz. And you better chill, I’m getting sick of having to try and make you relax.”

“Yeah he does right, just leave it Butters, we can work it out,” Kevin says.

“What do you know? Stupid Asian gypsy,” Butters sneers.

Most of the girls beside Nikki head into the back room, not wanting to be a part of it.

“What did you say to him? Say it again you splodeing bogan!” Dye steps up, also being Asian.

“All of you, chill the splode out,” I say, moving to Butters, I hold his shirt to make him look at me. It’s too late, he shoves me back and moves toward Dye, he drops the fox on the ground and charges towards Dye, Butters goes to hit him across the head with his rather large hammer. Dye dodges out of the way and the hammer slams against the table. Butters and Dye are the largest of the boys in the group, both are pretty tank and Dye won’t back down. Dye grabs his arm with the hammer and knees Butters in the thigh, the two of them struggle and Dye is thrown into the wall, the back of his head hitting the fire extinguisher. I get Butters in a head lock from behind.

“Butters, chill the splode out. Listen to me,” I say. He’s still swinging the hammer around trying to get Dye. “Lennie, grab his arm.”

Before Lennie gets even close Kevin comes in and uses his martial arts skills to kick Butters in the side of the head. He’s knocked unconscious and slumps to the ground.

“Son of a splode…” Dye mumbles. He gets to his feet and rubs the back of his head which he hit on the fire extinguisher.

To be perfectly honest, I don’t think that Butters is going to be very forgiving when he comes around.

The other girls come into the room and Jennifer walks over to Butters, even though she evidently disagrees with his outbursts of rage, I think she has a bit of love interest in him. I help Jennifer carry him into the tool room.
“Do you and Rebecca mind staying with him? Don’t let him out when he comes around, I want to speak with him first.

“Where are you going?” they ask.

“The rest of us are going to go and clear out the other rooms, you know, make this school our own. We’re going to secure the fences more, you know, check the staffroom and canteen for supplies,” I reply.

“Oh, and keep an eye on Daniel too, I don’t suppose you can get the bullet fragments out?”

“No, not really.”

“All right, keep him in here with you guys.” I say, then head off to the others.

7 – From All Sides

“There’s a construction site down the street which was abandoned when the dead overtook this area, want me and Mitch to head down, to get some stuff for securing the fences?” Lennie offers.

“Sure,” I say.

The two head down the street with their Browning Hi Power, there Mossberg, and throwing knives, I’m not really concerned that anything will happen, they're pretty good with their weaponry. The rest of us split up into groups, going all out on the rest of the classrooms.

Nikki and I head into the next classroom, all of the dead are just roaming around, and they hear us come in, about half a dozen of them. It’s probably the closest they’ve got to food since they turned. I use my Beretta to pick them off one by one while Nikki uses a long broomstick handle with a screwdriver taped on the end used as a makeshift spear. Growing up and being an islander, going hunting with spears for fish and the like has prepared her for things like this. We didn’t even break a sweat, I lock the door at the back of the room after throwing out the dead bodies using another key that Mr Montalto had, and it locks every door in the school, and opens for that matter. I make sure the windows are secure, set up the tables on their sides and push them against the windows, so any of the dead can’t see in.

We head out and lock the door. We continue this same process until we bump into the other groups after about half an hour. “The whole school cleared out?” I say.

“Of the classrooms, yeah, we’ve got to clear the oval though,” Kevin says.

Lennie returns with some extra fencing that we can use and Mitchell has a bag full of bricks. Both have sweat dripping down their faces.
 “Come on, let’s get to work, I say.”

As Butters regains consciousness, he attempts to get up.

“That little fuc-“ Butters is cut off.

“Butters, just rest for a bit. The others are out securing the school,” Jennifer says.

Butters also seems to have a soft spot for Jennifer. He does as he’s told. Rebecca looks at Jennifer in envy.

“So… you two are the only one’s here, huh?” Butters asks, obviously calmed down a bit.

“Well, Daniel too,” they both say in unison.

“Well, where is he?” Butters ask.

The two girls look around and come to a shocking realisation, Daniel’s gone. The two look around but can’t find him. They don’t want to leave Butters on his own.

We finish work on the oval, and we’re about to head down when we hear a scream, about a hundred meters away, it seems to be Daniel, trying to run, but really limping. He then falls to the ground, trying to crawl, what from we’re not exactly sure, we start running towards him, but before we can even get halfway towards him, tons of the dead turn the corner, there’s got to be dozens of them, they grab a hold of Daniel and he starts screaming.

The whole group is shocked at what we’re seeing, can’t help him now. He’s gone. Dead. He’ll be one of them in a matter of time.
None of us realise the high gravity of the situation, we start sprinting down to get back to the Tech Room. But dozens more turn the corner. We backtrack to the oval.

“Um, guys,” hundreds more are approaching the fence to the oval, we’re surrounded. Lennie moves forward and uses his Mossberg, popping off rounds, trying to get ourselves an opening. I pull out my Beretta and do the same, Mitchell helps out with the Browning he scavenged.

“Come on, let’s go!” I scream. I take up the rear so everybody is in a single file, sprinting for their lives. We’re right in the thick of it, dozens are all around us. And we aren’t even close to the Tech Room.
Mitchell who is in front of me gets grabbed by one of the dead, the first of us besides Daniel; he screams in agony as he gets bitten almost immediately, I know that he’s gone. I trip over him and the dead are momentarily distracted, they all go for Mitch and I pull the gun from his hands.

I keep running.

“You’re not good enough for Butters, you’ll never get him,” Rebecca whispers to Jennifer.

“Excuse me?” Jennifer replies.

“I see the way you look at him, you fancy him, don’t deny it,” Rebecca accuses.

Jennifer’s face goes bright red.

“That’s what I thought.”

Butters is shocked by this, he’s listening in, that’s when the three hear a window smash. Butters gets to his feet and peers out of the tool room. He sees about 2 dozen heading into the Tech Room.

“He grabs the hammer and the fox and runs to the backroom. The girls follow behind.

“Shut the door, now,” Butters orders.

Jennifer and Rebecca look at each other for a brief moment, the dead are approaching, it’s lunch time. Jennifer kicks Rebecca in the shin and pushes her out, into the Tech Room. Where the dead grab her, Rebecca’s eyes widen with fear.

“YOU splode! YOU GODDAMN UGLY splode!”

Those were the last words Rebecca ever spoke.

The two grab as many backpacks as they can full of the stuff they need, including the spare Browning Hi Power, plenty of rounds are in the bag, he passes the gun to Jennifer.

The barge out of the back door, and they run into someone they hadn’t seen before. Looks like the same age, 14 or 15, curly brown hair with blond tips. He’s holding a long tiki torch in his hand. Jennifer and Butters raise their weapons.

“Whoa, whoa. No need for that, I’m getting you out of here,” he says. “I’m Hyde. Do you want to get out of here or not?”

I throw Mitchell’s Browning to Kevin. “Pick off any that approach us from behind. Elly, cover me.”

I run to the Jeep and hop in; I start the car and reverse back. Kevin, Nikki, Dye and Elly jump in. Jezza is the last one, Dye is pulling him up. It’s too late. He’s ripped straight from Dye’s hand by one of the pursuing dead. Lennie has ran to the Black Kawasaki Ninja with Megan. Jezza’s screaming, Lennie turns around and shoots him between the eyes, to put him out of his suffering, my mind can barely comprehend it, we can’t think any more, we just have to act and hope to save ourselves… barely any of us grieve, or feel sadness, or hesitate… I guess we were built for this world, all of this goes through my head as Jezza’s dead body slumps to the ground. The motorbike revs up and Lennie and Megan speed away. I follow Lennie’s lead, I glance into the Tech Room and it’s overrun. I can only hope Rebecca, Jennifer and Butters made it out alive with all of our supplies.

We make it to the freeway where the road is blocked by a couple dozen more zombies. The sound of a machine gun is heard and after about 20 seconds all of the dead drop dead, for the second time, all head shots. It’s the only way you can kill them, after all. Lennie hops off his motorbike with his Mossberg scanning the surrounding bush. Another kid around our age reveals himself, hands up. He looks our age and of African American descent. He has braided black hair and dark sunglasses cover his eyes.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:35 am by JJS »
#WCGP

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 09:22 pm »
Please leave feedback.
#WCGP

Offline Princess Qwerty

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • throwback
    • View Profile
Love it.

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
Thank you.
#WCGP

Offline Princess Qwerty

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • throwback
    • View Profile
btw if you don't want to get in trouble, I reccomend editing that pick cause it has a bit of nudity in it. Just a heads up.

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
btw if you don't want to get in trouble, I reccomend editing that pick cause it has a bit of nudity in it. Just a heads up.

No, it's fine.
#WCGP

Offline Dark Chronicle

• Launcher
  • asr
    • View Profile
Re: Young Dead [Zombie Sploder Story] [Chapter 2 Out!] [Feedback = Thank]
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 10:19 pm »
this is gr8.i liked how you didn't keep everyone alive and it's like a horror. Well done.

Offline Cortez250

• Dobey Alpha male
  • Centipede
  • 11B Infantry, U.S. Army National Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 10:21 pm »
No, it's fine.
What he said. Its not that bad, plus it is zombies. XD
"Always Ready, Always There" - Army National Guard Motto

Offline masenko

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Otaku for life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 11:42 pm »
Awesome.
I am the Otaku Gamer

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 03:06 am »
Thanks.
#WCGP

Offline marvelwilliam

• Disruptor
  • The Gosso King Of Crater Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 03:32 am »
You seem pretty calm considering your mum and dad are dead and people are trying eat your brains.

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 03:37 am »
You seem pretty calm considering your mum and dad are dead and people are trying eat your brains.

This is set where their area is only just being overrun, it's been weeks since the actual outbreak and he was ready for everything like this to happen, the character Tyson doesn't really have any choices, his mum's dead, and his dad isn't dead, can't you read? It's either Tyson lets himself and his sisters get eaten alive by zombies waiting for his mum to magically revive herself or escape. I think it's pretty clear what you'd do.
#WCGP

Offline marvelwilliam

• Disruptor
  • The Gosso King Of Crater Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 03:43 am »
This is set where their area is only just being overrun, it's been weeks since the actual outbreak and he was ready for everything like this to happen, the character Tyson doesn't really have any choices, his mum's dead, and his dad isn't dead, can't you read? It's either Tyson lets himself and his sisters get eaten alive by zombies waiting for his mum to magically revive herself or escape. I think it's pretty clear what you'd do.
But you're mum would have looked after you all you're life. And its un - realistic that the day she dies he doesn't give shiz. Its pretty good. But the feelings of the characters are not very realistic. I just think it should be more emotional.

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 03:47 am »
But you're mum would have looked after you all you're life. And its un - realistic that the day she dies he doesn't give shiz. Its pretty good. But the feelings of the characters are not very realistic. I just think it should be more emotional.

There's no time to be emotional obviously, and how do you know that the main character liked his mum, or if his mum was good to him? Not all families are perfect, his mother, in this story was a drunk who never did anything for him, his dad worked often and went away so he was left to fend for himself most of the time, it does not suggest this in the chapters but it's the backstory.
#WCGP

Offline masenko

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Otaku for life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 03:48 am »
So you would stand there mourning while zombies approach you ready to eat your brains? >.>
I am the Otaku Gamer

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 03:51 am »
Obviously he does feel sadness, but that's later in the chapters, right now he just has to survive and he doesn't feel the need to spend the rest of his limited days mourning, crying or isolating himself, he has to hold up if he wants to survive.
#WCGP

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 03:53 am »
In short it's just a reckless bunch of 14-16 year olds who were always breaking rules in the past, but now after this has happened, it suits them, they can do what they want when they want, and characters such as Butters and Lennie, used to get in trouble with police etc, they find it easier in the new world after the zombie outbreak, just to do what they want. Few of the group are actually grieving, some such as Jezza/Leon do, but most, not so much.
#WCGP

Offline masenko

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Otaku for life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 03:57 am »
There's one thing I don't get about all of these zombie apocalypse stories and such... Where did the military go? xD
I am the Otaku Gamer

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 04:04 am »
There's one thing I don't get about all of these zombie apocalypse stories and such... Where did the military go? xD

In The Walking Dead they also got overrun. Remember everybody ends up getting infected, so no matter how you die, you turn into a zombie unless your brain is destroyed, in TWD, the military got overrun by one person on the inside somehow getting bitten and soon enough the whole place was in a panic, most got bitten, a few got away, it could've been as simple as an old man dying of old age and turning because he was already infected, biting the docs in the room, soon enough a whole chain reaction starts and the whole base would be in a panic and scattering.
#WCGP

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 04:05 am »
And it's basically the military against the world with a few survivors. To be honest it's a zombie apocalypse for a reason, in the end, there will be no more survivors.
#WCGP

Offline masenko

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Otaku for life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 04:08 am »
In The Walking Dead they also got overrun. Remember everybody ends up getting infected, so no matter how you die, you turn into a zombie unless your brain is destroyed, in TWD, the military got overrun by one person on the inside somehow getting bitten and soon enough the whole place was in a panic, most got bitten, a few got away, it could've been as simple as an old man dying of old age and turning because he was already infected, biting the docs in the room, soon enough a whole chain reaction starts and the whole base would be in a panic and scattering.
LOL, that military must suck. xD
I am the Otaku Gamer

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 04:10 am »
LOL, that military must suck. xD

Of course they do, it's America's military!
#WCGP

Offline masenko

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Otaku for life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 04:11 am »
Of course they do, it's America's military!
XD
I am the Otaku Gamer

Offline Drummer

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Drummerrocker =]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 05:11 am »
AWESOME you know how to write.

Offline FadingEmber

• Disruptor
  • Throwback 😊