Author Topic: [Application] Meow, I'm A Cat!  (Read 351 times)

Offline 0minutes

• Turret
    • View Profile
[Application] Meow, I'm A Cat!
« on: January 07, 2013, 03:23 pm »
Introduction
Hello Sploder members, I am positive you don't know me, I am new. My username is 0minute, as you see, and I will be writing a review. But there is one simple question; is it a Platformer or a Shooter? Maybe PPG? Or even a Algorithm game? If you guessed Platformer, you are right! Today I will be reviewing a thirteen level RPG plat, by my epic brother Milking. So, I will be reviewing Meow by Milking. Hope you enjoy my first review, just read further...

Pre-Thoughts
Milking can be a really funny member, he could be cool and chill, but sometimes he can be annoying. I know much about him, and his personalities because I am his real life brother. Milking is a person who is trustworthy, he will keep all your secrets and personal things. He is a member for a good example, all though his username isn't. So kids, do not copy his username because it has no sense. xD His games are amazing, and I'm talking about the platformers. He made something like this, something like that, but overall his plats are very successful and quite enjoyable, they can be a bit over-rated at times, but they are quite interesting, indeed. His best plat is Meow, as you can see, and he has done a very good job with it. The game got pretty much views, 7500, and more, I think. I was quite impressed, so I reviewed it. His Shooters are very fun, all of them. He doesn't make Algorithm games, neither PPGs. But I am sure if he makes them, he will be very happy with them and they will be very enjoyable and amazing for playing. But we are here to judge Meow, so lets see what things are hiding in the Game-Play.

Game-Play
Okay, what do you guys want me to talk about first? The enemy placement? Puzzles and traps? About Sploder? Computers? Women? Woah, gone too far. I'll talk about the enemy placement first. The enemies were placed very well, but yet at times badly. They we're good in the closed atmosphere, such as the old building in the second level, or in the earth tunnel in the first level. But yet again, they we're very badly placed in the open atmosphere, as some call it 'much space' parts. You could simply jump over them and run away. So I'd give the placement 50/50. Now, I'll talk about puzzles. They were at some places, but honestly I think RPGs shouldn't have too many puzzles, and I think I'm not the only one with that opinion. Sure, they could be used in some dark places, buildings, enemy bases, because they make the game more fun. But overall there shouldn't be too many because RPGs are all about actions and enjoying. This RPG had some, at some places. Not too much, not too many. So that is very good, in my opinion. The power-ups were very well placed. It's never too good when you put much power-ups, because the game gets automaticlly easy and you would never worry when you fight enemies because you have many extra lives. There weren't too much power-ups, so it is good. The walls and decorations were, as some people would say, brilliantly enjoyable. They were very pretty, they matched well with the game, and by that I mean walls, bricks, and other. And yeah, I will judge the game name too, I saw it from Milking so I will do that same because it makes your review longer and you guys will say 'oh wow, this review is very long!', heh, just joking. The game name name also matched with the game, well, yeah, that was kind the whole point of the game; 'meow meow I'm a furry cat and I live in Meow Kingdom and my name is May.May and I like adventures and trouble', yada yada... And no, I'm not saying it's a negative thing, it's pretty awesome! Stop judging me! D= Anyway, since we're talking about the negatives, lets get to the Negatives and Positives, I bet there's plenty of interesting facts about Meow in there! Lets go kids! Follow me!

Positives & Negatives!
I always wondered why do people use the Positive and Negative category when you have the Pros and Cons. Why am I making it? We will never know. So, as I said before, the enemy placement was 50/50, so it was in the middle, but unfortunately, I will put it in the negatives... The puzzles, yep, positives. Decoration, positive. Power-ups, positive. My mom, negati- never mind. Wow, there are bunch of positive things, oh yeah, and the name too. So the positives win! Um, so that's everything I can say in this category, time to meet the Pros and Cons guys.

Cons
- The Placement could get fixed there and here.

Pros
- Puzzles are good. Not too many, not too much.
- Very nice/pretty decorations and walls.
- Game name - good.

Overall: 75%
Pros - 3
Cons - 1

Back To School Again
Yep, lets see the ratings:

Enemy Placement: XX/XXX
Puzzles & Traps: XXXX/X
Walls & Decoration: XXXX/X
Game Name: XXX/XX
Difficulty: XXXX/X
Overall: XXX/XX

Feature Worthy Perhaps?
The game had all of it; it was hard, interesting, fun, it had some puzzles, enemies, etc. A good feature worthy game needs that, I guess. So, my answer is yes, this game deserved a feature.

Goodbye
Thank you for reading guy, I hope you enjoyed the review and I hope you didn't think it was boring or anything. Goodbye, see ya'll later.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:43 pm by 0minutes »

Offline alon

• General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
Re: [Application] Meow, I'm A Cat! [NOT DONE YET]
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 04:14 pm »
I didn't like your Pre-Thoughts. ._.

Offline 0minutes

• Turret
    • View Profile
Re: [Application] Meow, I'm A Cat!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 04:28 pm »
There, done. And the Pre-Thoughts were fixed. Hope you like it.

Offline Rubber Ducky

• Disruptor
  • Boredgame's & Woodchuck's cupcake. & BFB's
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 05:02 pm »
Thanks for reviewing bro. =)

The review was pretty good, you might be accepted, I think.

Offline 0minutes

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 05:38 pm »
Thanks.

Offline Spidapig

• terminallyCapricious
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I'm a poet and play the ukulele. I'm pretty cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 08:40 pm »

The format of your review was what killed it.  You got some good words flowing in the wrong places.  I feel like the way you set up your gameplay paragraph was just lackluster at best. 
For fifty and nine he swam along just fine, a mind that’s trained to see, always would know what goes on inside, goes on in me.

Offline 0minutes

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 07:47 am »
Oh well, I hope I'll be better next time. =)

Offline empirestatebuild

• Mortar
  • Wataschita L dese...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 06:30 pm »
Lol you wrote it in same style as Milking did.

EXTERMINATE!
EXTERMINATE!

Offline Rubber Ducky

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 05:31 am »
Yeah, he did mention that.
So he copied me. >.> xD

Offline empirestatebuild

• Mortar
  • Wataschita L dese...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 01:36 pm »
Well you are the talent here but what ever.At least he tryed LOL

EXTERMINATE!
EXTERMINATE!

Offline Rubber Ducky

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 02:17 pm »
*tried

And it's not a bad thing, tho...

Offline empirestatebuild

• Mortar
  • Wataschita L dese...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 03:35 pm »
Oh lol i didnt realised i made a mistake XD.Well alright.And i know.Nije to losa stvar.

EXTERMINATE!
EXTERMINATE!