Author Topic: [Application] Sploder Bros. Ice World by shigeonheat  (Read 212 times)

Offline coolman6902

• Turret
    • View Profile
[Application] Sploder Bros. Ice World by shigeonheat
« on: January 07, 2013, 07:11 am »
                              Intro

This is my application review. Just read the title. I thought this game was perfect to review because it is good and bad at the same time. It was amazing and boring. This is what I found in this game.

Playfield

The playfield is great. It looks like it is covered with ice. The outline is black, though. It stands out and leaves the icy part inside not to be noticed much. This is all the same for all the platforms except blue slides. These blue slides I'm taking a guess were drawn. Because they have a few flaws here and there. At the end, there is a part where two platforms are too close together, resulting in it being nearly impossible for the player to jump up and get the coin. I couldn't even get through this part, though it is very diffucult (Rated 7 diffuculty) There is also one up high that shouldn't be there towards the middle. It's just on that is up there and you have too get it. Little weird. Overall, the platform category was great, other than all the flaws and mistakes.

Background

The background has snow. All snow. All the same. Every little part of the background is the same. Nothing changes. In real life, they say "No two snowflakes are the same" but not virtual snowflakes! Like I said, everything is the same. Even the top and ground color. Gets boring towards the end of the game. And it kinda blends in with the platforms. The slides and the icy platforms. The player and baddies stick out from it though, which is good, considering you have to see  them. All in all, the background category was pretty good, other than it being the same.

[u]Placment of Baddies

The placement is great, but for a couple things. They get too close to the platform and you have to hit them and lose a life. shigeonheat should seperate the platforms. They are dark blue, though. That's creative. It totally goes in with the ice, snow, and platforms. I see why he called it Sploder Bros. The placment is ok, but could have done better. The creativeness, ---> :)
His placement of baddies is great.

Conclusion

Overall, shigeonheat did a great job on his game, though with some flaws and mistakes. Most things are creative, again with some flaws and mistakes. His placement for everything is amazing. (So is the intro, forgot to mention that) He's really doing an amazing job for a new account.

Scores

Platforms            7/10
                       Background         8/10
                      Placment of Baddies       7/10
                       Total:                   22/30

Good job, shigeonheat! :)

Offline Mr. Black Hole

• Your Engineer
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
Re: [Application] Sploder Bros. Ice World by shigeonheat
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 12:00 pm »
Hmmm..Good job,but too short. Make it longer  ;)

Offline coolman6902

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 02:28 pm »
Hmmm..Good job,but too short. Make it longer  ;)
I'll keep that in mind. Thank you! :)

Online Princess Matty

• Derpnut
  • Centipede
  • Mat7772 here. =)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 03:52 am »
Denied, my main complaint was that the background and playfield sections could have been merged into one paragraph.
hi