Author Topic: {Application} Nemo by Minerva. {Application}  (Read 297 times)

Offline kylepeanut12

• Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
{Application} Nemo by Minerva. {Application}
« on: December 01, 2012, 05:08 pm »
Hello, the one and only Kylepeanut12 here reviewing Nemo by Minerva.

Game: Nemo.
Creator: Minerva.
Genre: Physics Puzzle Creator (PPG).
Last edited: 5-22-11.
Views: 3,725 views. (97 votes).

Pre-thoughts.

Looking at the title of this game, I kind of expected it to be like an underwater adventure game, sort of like the Disney Pixar movie Finding Nemo. I found it was a lot more then that. Looking at Minerva's other games, she looked like a pretty good game maker. When I played some more of her games, I found out that was true, because I really enjoyed the concept of the games. So, I went ahead and played the game, excited for what was in store.

Concept of The Game.

The concept, or main idea, of the game is to get as many coins as possible. No time limit, just try to get as many coins as you can without loosing your three lives per level.

Gameplay.

The gameplay of this game was super simple, but I had to make a big deal about it, because...well...I am Kyle, and I have to make a big deal out of everything. The gameplay is simple, like I said before, with a few different tricky things, like different objects blocking one wall from another, the occasional enemy or hazard item popping up, and thing's like that, but basically you just have to worry about getting all the coins to advance to the next level. Some would call it a minigame, which is probably the appropriate name to call a game like this. But for a minigame, it's very relaxing and fun to play, with a bit of a kick to it, which is honestly the type of game I like to play. My gameplay story is a bit different, and weird. I lost my life twice trying to pass level 1, then I finally passed the level. Feeling proud with myself, I decided to try level 2, but failed miserably about half way through the level, because I got so lost with only one life left. Personally, I think the coin's could have been spread out a bit more, and also Minerva could have only let the fish you play as only have 1 or 2 lives instead of three, seeing it would add a bit more of a challenge, but besides for those minor and easy to fix things, the game was great.

WEIRD AND FUNNY GLITCH OF THE GAME: Near the middle of level 1, stand under where the little elevator block take's you up, and when the elevator block come's back down, the fish will disappear from the screen. There should be a feature where that could take you to a secret level, they should call it the Narnia feature. :O

Pros.

There were many pros in this game to focus on, but I am just going to focus on the big one's, for now. One pro is that the game is just a relaxing and fun game to play, which is great to play when you are looking for a relaxing game. I really enjoyed the scenery, like the wall art, and the graphic's, it kind of made it look like a platformer with back walls and other object's to make it look more realistic, but honestly, I think it would have been a not as well game if it were to be a platformer, I think it is, and will always be, a better PPG then anything. The last pro I am going to mention in this section is the gameplay, it was really fun, and like I said relaxing, and if somebody wanted to play an easy game, this is the game to play.

Cons.

I didn't find many cons in this game, but I did find quite a few that were small, kind of bugged me, but they doesn't dull the game down at all. One of the cons of the game is when you find a coin, you usually find a pair of two coins at once, but honestly, it should have been more where the coins were a bit spread out, to add a bit of a kick, but that doesn't put a bad effect on the game. Another con is that I really feel the person, aka Nemo, that your playing as, should only have less lives then 3, possibly 1 or 2, to add a little of a kick to the game, but honestly, like I said before, it doesn't effect the game anymore. So, to break it down, the only major con I found was I think the game could have been a bit more challenging, but then again, that would take down the relaxation of the game, so it's a bit of a lose-win situation. =/

Report Card.

The report card is made up of 10 different score's to add up to an overall score adding up to a total, and final, score out of 100. So without further or do...THE RESULTS!

Scenery: 10/10.
Relaxing: 10/10.
Challenging: 6/10.
Gameplay: 7/10.
Concept: 9/10.
Feature Worthy: 10/10.
Fun to play over and over: 8/10.
Object placement: 5/10.
Hazard/enemy placement: 7/10.
Overall fun game: 10/10.

OVERALL SCORE: 82/100 B-

After Thoughts.

My after thought's of this game were simple and I didn't think much of anything, besides for that it was a fantastic game and anyone who were to put full potential in a game can make a game just like Nemo. One question I had was how much time was spent put into this game? I was thinking 1-3 weeks or so, seeing the game isn't very long. Someday, sometime, when I have time, I am going to try to make a PPG minigame, and hopefully it will be as good as Nemo. =D

This has been a review on Nemo by Minerva. Any questions or comments, leave them in the comments below. I really wish to be a reviewer so I can accomplish something in my time here, but if you don't pick me to be on the team, I totally understand. :)

Thank you again for reading and considering me.

-Kylepeanut12.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:40 pm by kylepeanut12 »
Buss down thotiana

Offline Drummer

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Drummerrocker =]
    • View Profile
Re: {Application} Nemo by Minerva. {Application}
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 05:56 pm »
Nice review.

Offline kylepeanut12

• Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 06:10 pm »
Buss down thotiana

Offline Flippenout

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • REAL MEN WEAR PINK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 06:25 pm »
You could just get rid of the concept section, it's kinda pointless. One thing I noticed is that you put a whole bunch of commas all over the place dragging out the sentence. It also felt somewhat like a walkthrough which got a little boring.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck!
Accomplishments:
-Be the second to last Survivor in the first ever 'Hunger' Gameshow.
-Become a Reviewer
-Get a Feature
-Make lots of friends
-Gain respect.
-Become the 2nd best private of the year

Offline kylepeanut12

• Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 06:35 pm »
You could just get rid of the concept section, it's kinda pointless. One thing I noticed is that you put a whole bunch of commas all over the place dragging out the sentence. It also felt somewhat like a walkthrough which got a little boring.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks, I am probably going to try and touch it up a bit very soon.
Buss down thotiana

Offline Jackboymogura123

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 10:46 am »
I've played this game before.
:) :) :) :-*
This is how tireless I am on Wikipedia:

Offline kylepeanut12

• Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 04:06 pm »
Buss down thotiana

Offline kylepeanut12

• Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 03:03 pm »
Bump.
Buss down thotiana

Offline kylepeanut12

• Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 02:26 pm »
Bump.
Buss down thotiana

Offline Princess Matty

• Derpnut
  • Centipede
  • Mat7772 here. =)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 05:51 pm »
Denied. The gameplay part felt like a story, with you saying "I lost my life twice trying to pass level 1 ... Feeling proud with myself, I decided to try level 2, but failed miserably about half way through the level'. The weird and funny glitch part was not needed and the pros and cons sounded like you were re-writing the gameplay paragraph in a much longer and unnecessary way.

You may reply on the 24th.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 05:57 pm by Matty »
hi

Offline kylepeanut12

• Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 04:26 pm »
Denied. The gameplay part felt like a story, with you saying "I lost my life twice trying to pass level 1 ... Feeling proud with myself, I decided to try level 2, but failed miserably about half way through the level'. The weird and funny glitch part was not needed and the pros and cons sounded like you were re-writing the gameplay paragraph in a much longer and unnecessary way.

You may reply on the 24th.

Alright, thank you for the reply.
Buss down thotiana