Poll

Would you like to see Mimicry 2

yes
3 (75%)
no
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: December 16, 2012, 04:35 pm

Author Topic: Why are you copying me? [Application]  (Read 183 times)

Offline jacmas

• Launcher
  • I'm NOT back
    • View Profile
Why are you copying me? [Application]
« on: December 09, 2012, 04:34 pm »
Review on Mimicry by Tbremise

Pre-thoughts: I first heard about this when Betameep was screaming. He just beat level 9 of Mimicry  ::). He would do that. I watched him play. Soon, I just had to play it.

Gameplay: This game is where you move two platforms(really) and try to get coins. The catch is they mimic each other. In levels 2 and 3 you can't touch the walls. In the rest of the levels you can't touch the same color as you. As you continue along you find moving obstacles. This can get annoying. Now you have to dodge those. Weirdly, in level 9 you battle a boss. The boss is strange and it seems like Tbrem just made him in a hurry. The gameplay of Mimicry can get slightly repetitive.

Scenery: First off, this game is not about the scenery. The scenery was... wait there is none. The only walls are the ones that try to get you during the gameplay. Tbremise could have put some scenery in this game. The backround is slightly better. The colors give it a yin-yang feeling.

Placement: Although, I judge rather harshly the placement was good. The walls are placed in spots that make you angry. During the game, you feel as though the placement can get rather annoying. The platforms have to go through small places which is almost impossible.

Difficulty: This game is HARD. The walls are slammed (almost) together. You have to go through very small places. The small places result in you losing a life. That is your only life. Yes, Tbremise could have given us one more live. For example, in level 7 for a coin you have to go through a space SMALLER than the platforms. Tbremise gives us a little slack as he lets us run into the platforms a little before the walls kill us. The game gets harder once moving platforms are introduced in level 5.

Theme: the theme is mostly yin-yang. Between that it seems to be you can't survive without each other. In this game the one platform gets the coins where the other can't go. Tbremise did a good job with this. I was thinking "I learned something while I am on Sploder". That does not happen everyday.

Storyline/sequence: NO STORY INVOLVED. Read theme to see closest to story. You have to get coins to complete the level. Then it gets harder. Walls and moving walls start appearing. Soon, walls start to come out of other walls! In level 9 as I said there is a boss. No one knows why there is a boss. I predict the coins were his. Am I right? We may never know.

Note to Author: Tbremise you are a very great game maker. This game is very difficult and addictive. I just feel that this isn't your best game. COngrats for the feature on this game.

My opinion: This game is hard. Maybe even TOO hard. This game is not Tbremise's greatest. The scenery and the storyline could be improved. A game doesn't need to have a story line, but this one could have been better with one. Does this game deserved to be featured? In my opinion no, for reasons I have stated beforehand. Many think this deserves o be featured. Including some editors who did feature this.

Ratings:
Difficulty 5/5
Scenery: 2/5
Gameplay: 4/5
Story: 2/5
Theme(Maybe): 5/5
Final Score 3.5/5

Well, Tbremise this is certainly a popular, hard game. You worked hard on this. I enjoyed playing this game. In the future more scenery would be nice.

Thank you for reading this review. Vote in the poll!

Offline jacmas

• Launcher
  • I'm NOT back
    • View Profile
Re: Why are you copying me? [Application]
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 04:56 pm »
IMO this is my best review

Offline Arcanus

• +Purified by the Light of Gamma+
  • Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I am the supreme leader of S.C.O.U.R.G.E!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 05:02 pm »
Excellent review! =D
Good luck on getting accepted.

Offline jacmas

• Launcher
  • I'm NOT back
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 05:14 pm »
Thanks Minjaze! You really thought it was good?

Offline Arcanus

• +Purified by the Light of Gamma+
  • Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I am the supreme leader of S.C.O.U.R.G.E!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 05:16 pm »
Thanks Minjaze! You really thought it was good?
In my opinion, this is your best review yet.

Offline Spidapig

• terminallyCapricious
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I'm a poet and play the ukulele. I'm pretty cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 05:30 pm »
Denied.  Your review was too matter-of-fact.  I saw no comparison of any degree, which is necessary.  I don't mean like: "it reminded me of this game derp."  I mean: "this could've been like this, or this didn't work as well as my expectations bleh."  You don't set any standard for your review.  We don't have any real idea about how you feel until we see the ratings.  Normally this is a good thig, but in your case, it trades this mystery for a lack of tone.
For fifty and nine he swam along just fine, a mind that’s trained to see, always would know what goes on inside, goes on in me.

Offline jacmas

• Launcher
  • I'm NOT back
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 05:31 pm »
Denied.  Your review was too matter-of-fact.  I saw no comparison of any degree, which is necessary.  I don't mean like: "it reminded me of this game derp."  I mean: "this could've been like this, or this didn't work as well as my expectations bleh."  You don't set any standard for your review.  We don't have any real idea about how you feel until we see the ratings.  Normally this is a good thig, but in your case, it trades this mystery for a lack of tone.
Thanks for the info. 2 weeks I'll be back