Author Topic: My First Game- Cave In, Feedback greatly appreciated  (Read 295 times)

Offline GnashtyNaS

• Cruiser
  • Personal status is based on salary.
My First Game- Cave In, Feedback greatly appreciated
« on: December 03, 2012, 03:28 pm »
Hey guys! I am GnashtyNaS! I know there is a spot to introduce users but since this is mainly a thread for me to ask for feedback on my first game, I figured I might as well get two birds with one stone here. So I checked out the game creator, had some fun with it, and made my first game: Cave In. There, short and to the point, I would love for you guys to try it out and give me pointers for future projects! A vote or a rating or a comment or anything if you liked it would be grand as well of course. Thanks for your time guys!
~GnashtyNaS

Cave In

This game is mostly an action game, it isn't linear and isn't ESPECIALLY challenging if you are half-decent. There are technically some puzzles, however they aren't made to be nor are they especially puzzling.

Offline Flippenout

• Disruptor
  • REAL MEN WEAR PINK
Re: My First Game- Cave In, Feedback greatly appreciated
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 03:43 pm »
Nicely done. It was a fun game, I was actually doing pretty well but I got trapped.
Accomplishments:
-Be the second to last Survivor in the first ever 'Hunger' Gameshow.
-Become a Reviewer
-Get a Feature
-Make lots of friends
-Gain respect.
-Become the 2nd best private of the year

Offline GnashtyNaS

• Cruiser
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 03:49 pm »
Nicely done. It was a fun game, I was actually doing pretty well but I got trapped.

Thanks, but that shouldn't happen, where? (WHY MUST MY GAME HAVE BUGS!?)

Offline Flippenout

• Disruptor
  • REAL MEN WEAR PINK
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 03:52 pm »
Thanks, but that shouldn't happen, where? (WHY MUST MY GAME HAVE BUGS!?)
I'm not exactly sure where I was since the playfield was pretty big. But I remember going through a purple teleporter and then there were some one way doors that I went through. Then there were a bunch of reversers. But I couldn't go back.
Accomplishments:
-Become a Reviewer
-Get a Feature
-Make lots of friends
-Gain respect.

Offline GnashtyNaS

• Cruiser
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 04:07 pm »
I'm not exactly sure where I was since the playfield was pretty big. But I remember going through a purple teleporter and then there were some one way doors that I went through. Then there were a bunch of reversers. But I couldn't go back.

Oh dang it! I totally overlooked that part! Gah, I forgot to make a minor change, they should really let us update our games...ah well, I will not have a game out with such an overlooked problem. Thanks for the find!

Offline Prince Daydream

• literally 500 IQ
  • Disruptor
  • aka Vithraldor on discord :^)
    • youtube!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 04:13 pm »
Oh dang it! I totally overlooked that part! Gah, I forgot to make a minor change, they should really let us update our games...ah well, I will not have a game out with such an overlooked problem. Thanks for the find!
You can open it up using the shooter creator, then edit it, then publish it. Then you can delete the older version (which is to the right of the grey box)

I'll give it a try now. If it has one good review, I'll try it.

=]

Offline GnashtyNaS

• Cruiser
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 04:16 pm »
You can open it up using the shooter creator, then edit it, then publish it. Then you can delete the older version (which is to the right of the grey box)

I'll give it a try now. If it has one good review, I'll try it.

=]

I actually just edited it, published it again, and the old version updated! A miracle! Thanks for having enough faith to try my game! And thanks again for catching that huge glaring overlook Flippenout! I would also like to know if I did a satisfactory job on scenery, does it seem like a cave?

Offline Prince Daydream

• literally 500 IQ
  • Disruptor
  • aka Vithraldor on discord :^)
    • youtube!
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 04:19 pm »
The game was really good. It gave me quite of a challenge, even though I didn't get really far. The scenery really resembled a cave, and all the mud and HotPolys really fit into place.

Good job for your first game! :D

Offline GnashtyNaS

• Cruiser
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 04:22 pm »
The game was really good. It gave me quite of a challenge, even though I didn't get really far. The scenery really resembled a cave, and all the mud and HotPolys really fit into place.

Good job for your first game! :D

Thanks a lot! I wasn't sure if I should go for a grand scale, or a relatively short game, for a new player playing it, if you were to beat it, it would probably run you 10 minutes, I like the middle, time to enjoy the game, but not so long that you get bored before finishing.

Offline Flippenout

• Disruptor
  • REAL MEN WEAR PINK
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 04:23 pm »
I actually just edited it, published it again, and the old version updated! A miracle! Thanks for having enough faith to try my game! And thanks again for catching that huge glaring overlook Flippenout! I would also like to know if I did a satisfactory job on scenery, does it seem like a cave?
You did a great job on the scenery. I don't know if it's review worthy but if I think it is I may review it.
Accomplishments:
-Become a Reviewer
-Get a Feature
-Make lots of friends
-Gain respect.

Offline GnashtyNaS

• Cruiser
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 04:26 pm »
You did a great job on the scenery. I don't know if it's review worthy but if I think it is I may review it.

:D That would be like...the coolest thing ever! Hahaha, that excites me just that you are contemplating it, either way, thanks again for the feedback, and many thanks for getting trapped to bring that to my attention!

Offline Flippenout

• Disruptor
  • REAL MEN WEAR PINK
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 04:33 pm »
:D That would be like...the coolest thing ever! Hahaha, that excites me just that you are contemplating it, either way, thanks again for the feedback, and many thanks for getting trapped to bring that to my attention!
Your welcome. Even in though it probably cost me the game, lol.
Accomplishments:
-Become a Reviewer
-Get a Feature
-Make lots of friends
-Gain respect.