Author Topic: Am I Overrated Poll Just For Fun?  (Read 572 times)

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
Am I Overrated Poll Just For Fun?
« on: November 17, 2012, 09:47 am »
Simple question just for my benefit if I decide to make more games since time is getting more and more limited for me. Do you think I am an overrated game maker in all honest? That is, do you think I really deserve 5 EGL games and the status of one of the best game makers on the site? I know some people find my games a bit boring, so this should give me at least some insight on this.
It's good to be Young.

aditya75

Re: Am I Overrated Poll Just For Fun?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 09:51 am »
I find your games boring, and yes, I do think you are overrated. I know you are a very good game maker, and my opinion may be distorted due to me not liking your game style, but I think after you got your first EGL Game [Which I think was deserved], everyone automatically assumed the rest of your games were of the same standard, which is when I start to disagree. I'm not doubting the Editors abilities, I'm just saying I would have done different. Nevertheless, I sometimes look up to as one of the best game makers on this site.

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 09:54 am »
I find your games boring, and yes, I do think you are overrated. I know you are a very good game maker, and my opinion may be distorted due to me not liking your game style, but I think after you got your first EGL Game [Which I think was deserved], everyone automatically assumed the rest of your games were of the same standard, which is when I start to disagree. I'm not doubting the Editors abilities, I'm just saying I would have done different. Nevertheless, I sometimes look up to as one of the best game makers on this site.

Fair enough. In all fairness they were all voted in with at least a +5 majority, but I see what you mean.
It's good to be Young.

Offline peterzhang1

• Disruptor
  • Barney is my enemy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 09:55 am »
I dun like puzzle games unless they are called Opprabium.

Offline Parry

• #Paramedic
  • Centipede
  • All hail the Pony Queen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 09:58 am »
your games are amazing
<3
the rainbows
they are coming
they can not be stopped

Offline Flippenout

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • REAL MEN WEAR PINK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 09:58 am »
I somewhat agree. But I still think you are one of the greatest game makers atm.
Accomplishments:
-Be the second to last Survivor in the first ever 'Hunger' Gameshow.
-Become a Reviewer
-Get a Feature
-Make lots of friends
-Gain respect.
-Become the 2nd best private of the year

Offline Epicosaurus

• General
  • Disruptor
  • stop laughing at me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 09:59 am »
No, I don't think you're overrated. Your games stand out above quite a lot of others, but some aren't as good. You have 5 games in the EGL because they deserve that place. You spend quite a lot of time on your games, and they turn out very impressive. So no, you're not.

Offline Jmc10

• #KeepAmericaGreat2020
  • Soldier
  • Centipede
  • RIP Sploder :’(
    • View Profile
    • United: The Hype
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 10:03 am »
I find your games a little boring, and yes, I do think you are overrated. I know you are a very good game maker, and my opinion may be distorted due to me not liking your game style, but I think after you got your first EGL Game [Which I think was deserved], everyone automatically assumed the rest of your games were of the same standard, which is when I start to disagree. I'm not doubting the Editors abilities, I'm just saying I would have done different. Nevertheless, I sometimes look up to as one of the best game makers on this site.

Promotions:
Private: 1/15/12
Soldier: 9/8/13
Lieutenant: 4/9/16
Soldier: 7/9/17

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 10:04 am »
Alright thanks for the opinions guys. I think I'll try to focus more on engaging the player rather than challenging them. I tend to misjudge difficulty I think, which may be why some find them boring. I dont find them challenging, but I think that's only because I made them and tested them often, and I try to bring in new ideas.
It's good to be Young.

Offline Tbremise

• ~The Artisan~
  • Disruptor
  • Sit down, Relax, You're Welcome
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2012, 10:21 am »
Alright thanks for the opinions guys. I think I'll try to focus more on engaging the player rather than challenging them. I tend to misjudge difficulty I think, which may be why some find them boring. I dont find them challenging, but I think that's only because I made them and tested them often, and I try to bring in new ideas.
This view right here is what will help you improve your games even more, I started trying to make difficult games, and found not many people enjoyed them. Testing and making the games often makes them easy compared to those new comers to the games, I still like your games, because I am one of those players that enjoy a challenge.
Features: 4 (Newest one) LOZ Search for the Sword
Check out all my songs and more to come here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBeMissed?feature=mhee
=D

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 10:35 am »
This view right here is what will help you improve your games even more, I started trying to make difficult games, and found not many people enjoyed them. Testing and making the games often makes them easy compared to those new comers to the games, I still like your games, because I am one of those players that enjoy a challenge.

I do too, but I might just expand on my concepts a little too much. I dont try to but I think I do, lol. It's impossible to please everyone though, and it seems like a majority of members like my games. I think I just have to focus more on entertainment rather than challenge in the future, while maintaining originality.
It's good to be Young.

Offline lordeldar

• Lidl man
  • Lieutenant
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 10:39 am »
Not really. I feel that you have a few overrated games (Paint It Black in particular) but other then that, no

Achievements:
57 features (62 including collabs)
MSM
Reviewer
Editor
Lt
Voted best Private of 2011
Voted best MSM of 2012 and 2013
Voted best Lt of 2014

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 10:51 am »
Not really. I feel that you have a few overrated games (Paint It Black in particular) but other then that, no

Alright thank you. And yeah the first 2 levels especially of that game could have been improved, but it gets progressively better. I think the concept of the game makes it stand out above anything else fortunately.
It's good to be Young.

Offline TheBlueGuy21

• Launcher
  • I am error
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 10:57 am »
Just played some of your games, and say, you aren't bad at all. It's better than the vast majority of nooby games out there, definitely.

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 11:13 am »
Just played some of your games, and say, you aren't bad at all. It's better than the vast majority of nooby games out there, definitely.

Lol I appreciate it.
It's good to be Young.

Offline tunechi

• Soldier
  • Mogura
  • tookewl the rapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2012, 11:21 am »
you are. But I am to so what does that say  8) your on everybodys top of list to the point where I got jealous lol

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012, 11:27 am »
you are. But I am to so what does that say  8) your on everybodys top of list to the point where I got jealous lol

I bet a lot of people are overrated though, lol.
It's good to be Young.

Offline Mechanism G

• I make Mrezman feel depressed.
  • Disruptor
  • A of ♠™
    • View Profile
    • Uh...
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2012, 11:29 am »
Cali, I'd say respect their decisions lol. Don't constantly back up your reasons. It looks like you're trying to persuade them =/
<a href="http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d002y937&amp;cs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d002y937&amp;cs=1</a><a href="http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d003ep3q&amp;cs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d003ep3q&amp;cs=1</a>
<a href="http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d0039ome&amp;cs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d0039ome&amp;cs=1</a>

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2012, 11:33 am »
Cali, I'd say respect their decisions lol. Don't constantly back up your reasons. It looks like you're trying to persuade them =/

Lol yes that's my problem, only with the EGL suggestions. It usually happens when I get a few yes's, then get a no out of the blue with a vague reasoning. But yes I'll be more humble from now on, I tend to get defensive without trying to be.
It's good to be Young.

aditya75

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2012, 11:34 am »

This, I think would make me favour your games better than previously.

Offline tunechi

• Soldier
  • Mogura
  • tookewl the rapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2012, 11:35 am »
I bet a lot of people are overrated though, lol.

Of course but I dont see everyone on every top of list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tunechi

• Soldier
  • Mogura
  • tookewl the rapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2012, 11:36 am »
like I bet the next top 5 will have you in it. doesnt matter what game type lol

Offline lordeldar

• Lidl man
  • Lieutenant
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2012, 11:39 am »
Alright thanks for the opinions guys. I think I'll try to focus more on engaging the player rather than challenging them.
I would quite like to see this. I generally prefer more straight forward stuff with a bit of a challenge (With quality, of course) then a lot of recent stuff (Which is just focused on being as difficult as possible without being impossible) we've seen on the site.

Achievements:
57 features (62 including collabs)
MSM
Reviewer
Editor
Lt
Voted best Private of 2011
Voted best MSM of 2012 and 2013
Voted best Lt of 2014

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2012, 11:41 am »
I would quite like to see this. I generally prefer more straight forward stuff with a bit of a challenge (With quality, of course) then a lot of recent stuff (Which is just focused on being as difficult as possible without being impossible) we've seen on the site.

I definitely dont like to be as difficult as possible, but I like to make people think critically and I think I take it too far sometimes. For me creativity is most important and I sometimes forget that the balance of game play should be just as important.
It's good to be Young.

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2012, 11:42 am »
like I bet the next top 5 will have you in it. doesnt matter what game type lol

I'm pretty sure you're usually in top lists though for overall game maker, you're kinda on that same boat lol.
It's good to be Young.

Offline tunechi

• Soldier
  • Mogura
  • tookewl the rapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2012, 11:44 am »
I'm pretty sure you're usually in top lists though for overall game maker, you're kinda on that same boat lol.

not the same. I'm on the ones where people rank the game makers themselves. but a top of list with actual games is what I'm talking about!!!!!

Offline tunechi

• Soldier
  • Mogura
  • tookewl the rapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2012, 11:45 am »
YOUR ON BOTH TBH ANYWAY WHAT DOES THAT SAY LOL

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2012, 11:47 am »
YOUR ON BOTH TBH ANYWAY WHAT DOES THAT SAY LOL

That doesn't say anything. We're typing not speaking
It's good to be Young.

Offline tunechi

• Soldier
  • Mogura
  • tookewl the rapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2012, 11:49 am »
ok whats the best way I can explain this...ok call of duty 4 is like the best game ever ok. But the series is overrated because everyone likes it!!! even if it deserves the praise it gets!!! see what I'm saying? : (

Offline tunechi

• Soldier
  • Mogura
  • tookewl the rapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2012, 11:49 am »
That doesn't say anything. We're typing not speaking

ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh got jokes huh!!!