Author Topic: question  (Read 152 times)

Offline thetruth45

• Turret
  • hi i hope im a reviewer
    • View Profile
question
« on: November 14, 2012, 06:56 pm »
how do you do coding for ur own game creator? also what is the forum about??
nathan cheatham

Offline alon

• General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
Re: question
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 06:58 pm »
Coding?

By using a coding language... But I doubt YOU can do that. Not trying to be mean or anything.

The forums are for recreational and professional purposes.

Professional meaning the ability to become a Moderator, Reviewer, or Editor.

Offline mrsplat

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
Re: question
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 11:45 am »
Whats the forum about ? hanging out with other users of sploder creators , getting main site jobs such as reviewer,editor, moderator.. and more importantly sharing your games with more refined / more fussy players.
The better thing about this place is a lack of coding skill needed to produce something of a basic rough and ready nature using the existing creators,
one can make cheap and nasty games that test out concepts and storys that you could persue later in either a predefined creator of
a harder nature like udk,unity, ogre , insert game engine choice , or make it all in code ? then theres your option of coding languages which range from a -z in many varietys but usually most games are done in either perl,python,java,ruby or c# c(wheres my -plus key gone lol) and everything inbetween.. heck you could even do it completely in machine code or assembly if you like/have those skills(i wouldnt recommend that route my head still hurts when i try assembly)
Oddly enough I have heard some people tell of universitys having game design course do games here from time to time..those rumors are not however suggesting every member you meet here is one far from it.
In fact im not in any way affiliated with a place of learning and you can find people of many age groups here.
Many younger makers here outwit ,outdazzle and generally impress me with skills in the game makers that prove one thing,its good to share your stuff to learn from whoever is better at what your out to learn.