Author Topic: Epic Game Library [NEW SYSTEM]  (Read 103 times)

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Epic Game Library [NEW SYSTEM]
« on: October 17, 2012, 11:18 am »
EPIC GAME LIBRARY
(V. 3.0)

[THE NEW SYSTEM]

This system is going to be the same as the old one save for one glaring difference. We will still suggest games and vote on them. (Please include a link to the games you suggest, if you don't mind.) A no vote will still cancel out a yes vote. A game will still need 5 yes votes to be added to the library. The main difference to this system will be that we will vote on each game in a separate thread, as opposed to voting on them all in one thread.

If a game has failed to receive the necessary number of votes to be added to the EGL then it CAN NOT be suggested again UNLESS significant changes have been made to it. (E.G. Addition of extra level(s) in a plat, 3D, or PPG, or a large addition to a shooter.)

IMPORTANT: Do not suggest or vote on a game unless you have played through the bulk of it. Before voting or suggesting a game you should play it through as thoroughly as possible so you can make an informed decision. Also, when you are suggesting a game or voting on it you MUST give at least 1 good reason to back up your opinion. Even if you are voting no you still must give a reason for it. Failure to give reasons will render your vote/suggestion null & void.

Lastly, users can no longer suggest their own games. If your game truly is worthy of EGL consideration than somebody else will suggest it so don't worry.

What Makes a Game Epic

Originally Posted By: Darut1234

"Please note: This is an extremely prestigious list. It's not all about opinion; Games on this list must either

1: Have revolutionized Sploder by bringing to the table a new game type. A prime example is Escapee by Tookewl, which showed Sploder the way puzzles can be used in games.*
2: Be a large amount of fun to play, with extremely unique sequences that you would never expect done with items. A prime example is Game Raterz 1, 2, or 3 by Game Raterz, which all look amazing and have puzzles and action sequences that have never been done before."

*Being revolutionary will no longer be a requirement for games to be added to the EGL. At this point revolutionary games are very far and either fewer between so it can't rightly be used as a requirement, anymore. That having been said, being revolutionary should still greatly help a game's case. To reiterate: GAMES NO LONGER NEED TO BE REVOLUTIONARY.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:48 am by Superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Game Library [NEW SYSTEM]
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 11:20 am »
My game is at 5-0 and nobody, or maybe just one person, has given three reasons. Does that mean none of them count as of now?
It's good to be Young.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 11:47 am »
My game is at 5-0 and nobody, or maybe just one person, has given three reasons. Does that mean none of them count as of now?
Yeah, kinda. Although, I think before we lowered it to just one good reason.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 11:56 am »
I thought it was just as long as you gave a reason for both yes and no.
It's good to be Young.

Offline Brocky

• KrewLife
  • General
  • Mogura
  • Im Brocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 04:15 am »
Is their a time limit so the gun isn't jumped? For example say if Cali's game is at 5-0 and I don't think the game is worthy but I am asleep at that time so I can't vote, does it just get accepted straight away?

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 09:39 am »
Perhaps a 7 or 10 day limit?
It's good to be Young.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 07:34 pm »
Perhaps a 7 or 10 day limit?
7 days is probably enough.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 07:36 pm »
Is their a time limit so the gun isn't jumped? For example say if Cali's game is at 5-0 and I don't think the game is worthy but I am asleep at that time so I can't vote, does it just get accepted straight away?
I've been wondering this for awhile now: Who the hell is Bella Ferraro and why are you obsessed with her?
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Brocky

• KrewLife
  • General
  • Mogura
  • Im Brocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 04:51 am »
I've been wondering this for awhile now: Who the hell is Bella Ferraro and why are you obsessed with her?
Just some amazing girl on X-Factor Australia <3

If you look up the definition of Perfect, you'll see her on there. :)