Sploder Archives > The Bin & Board Archives

An Update on Sploder

geoff:
Everyone,

I thought I'd drop you all a note and let you know how things are going with the new creators. I know it's been quite a while, and everyone is really looking forward to something new on Sploder.

I had been working on a new adventure/RPG plaftormer that would run on the site and on mobile devices. Unfortunately that game development stalled for reasons I won't go into here. At around that time I had an idea for a side-scrolling arcade creator. Excited about that, I jumped on to it, putting the previous game on hold.

The arcade creator is going very well.  What I am finding out though, is the more I do, the more it seems I need to do to make it complete. All of this, of course, is taking a lot longer than I want it to. I don't like long periods of silence or long periods without releases.

So, I am adjusting my release plans. Instead of completing the entire game and releasing it on mobile first, I will release a preview of the game on the site and open it up to feedback.  That way, I can iterate and build out the full game for the site and for mobile while at the same time giving all of you something to experiment with and give feedback on.

The arcade creator will have several game types within it. I plan on having up to seven different game-play types, which are all variations on the side-scroller but with different player types/vehicles and objects. The preview I will release will contain only one of these, which is the platformer.

There's still a lot to do before I can release it. But, hopefully, this will allow for a more transparent, collaborative process and let us all do this as a team.

Finally, I'd like to thank the Sploder Staff for holding things together over these months, and to all of you for your patience and support. I'd also like to apologize to anyone who has contacted me directly and not heard back. I really appreciate the effort and interest, but I've been locked in my little cave over these months and it's literally been the hardest creative and technical effort I've ever undertaken.

Thanks again, and as soon as I have more information I will share it.

Your humble servant,
Geoff

Lollage:
Thanks big G, it's nice to know everything is going ok.  :)

Exposure:
http://kotaku.com/5928663/gamings-biggest-problem-is-that-nobody-wants-to-talk

An update is always precious to us.

Jaggertoo:
Take alllllllllll the time you need :3

Gamekid:
Thanks for notifying us, Big G. Take all the time you need to make the creators, you want to make sure it's perfect. Hope to see these previews soon!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version