Author Topic: Does anyone find this strange?  (Read 268 times)

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
Does anyone find this strange?
« on: September 24, 2012, 11:40 pm »
My friend's friend needed a praying mantus for one of her classes, for or project or something, and she wanted me to get one for her, since I have a lot of them where I live. Normally I am a helpful person and I like to help people, but i just can't do it. I think it's cruel to take something away from it's home, I guess you could say. I think I take the animal love thing a little too seriously. I honestly have trouble killing ants. I can't kill anything...I always feel guilty. Does anyone find this strange, because I just dont see how someone can even hurt an insect unless it poses some sort of threat towards you.
It's good to be Young.

Offline Shadross

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • ~Squashawut~
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone find this strange?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 11:42 pm »
I personally am cruel and kill when I can, but it isn't weird one bit to show compassion to any and all life.
Nani?

Offline kittysocks

• The Narcissistic Psychopath
  • Electropede
  • I wonder why I come on here somedays.
    • View Profile
    • Go here.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 11:44 pm »
I personally am cruel and kill when I can, but it isn't weird one bit to show compassion to any and all life.
Then you better get away from Shad, Cali. He might do it....
Friendlist:
Minja
Ju
Firetrolik

Burn in hell for all I care list:
Big Squiddy
Bluefire
Redstorm

Offline Tommy123

• Mortar
  • Feel free to PM me anytime. =)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 11:49 pm »
Tbh, I don't mind killing spiders and bugs. I don't find it strange that you do though.

Promotions -
Soldier: October 10, 2012
Lieutenant: March 30, 2013

Post Ranks -
Launcher: September 24, 2012
Mortar: January 12, 2013

Offline 10000truths

• Heavy Cruiser
  • 10000truths here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 12:36 am »
When it comes to insects and the like, I don't kill them, unless they're a threat of some sort. However, I don't feel that relocating a mantis is cruel.

Offline konnichihasalt

• General
  • Mortar
  • Purity EGD7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 12:40 am »
Killing insects just to kill them is kinda screwed up. Theres nothing wrong with giving a mantis to your friend though, I mean she can just put it back outside when she's done with it. If you want to go far enough you can even take it back to exactly where you got it when shes done lol.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 12:57 am »
When it comes to insects and the like, I don't kill them, unless they're a threat of some sort. However, I don't feel that relocating a mantis is cruel.
If it is for a school project then it is probably more than just relocating. My college has classes that require students to do a project that requires amassing a collection of insects and then classifying all of them. Unfortunately, none of the insects survive but their carcasses are proudly put on display in the hallway. I swear, if I were ever required to do such a project I'd refuse to do it simply out of principle. It's a stupid thing to kill a bunch of innocent insects for.
My friend's friend needed a praying mantus for one of her classes, for or project or something, and she wanted me to get one for her, since I have a lot of them where I live. Normally I am a helpful person and I like to help people, but i just can't do it. I think it's cruel to take something away from it's home, I guess you could say. I think I take the animal love thing a little too seriously. I honestly have trouble killing ants. I can't kill anything...I always feel guilty. Does anyone find this strange, because I just dont see how someone can even hurt an insect unless it poses some sort of threat towards you.
No, it's not strange. You are a righteous man, O youth of the American Pacific.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 07:06 pm by Superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline tunechi

• Soldier
  • Mogura
  • tookewl the rapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 02:05 pm »
man I feel the same way, there was this ant in the tub yesterday and it kept trying to climb up on the end but due to how the tub is slanted at that part, it kept falling lol but it would  try to climb back up again, only to fall ....again lol I thought it was funny and I wanted to help him so i got a cd case for it to climb on BUT IT WOULDNT CLIMB ON THE splodeING CD!!!! maybe I should have chose a better object lol but yeah it tried climbing up the tub repeatedly until it stopped moving and I thought he died from exuast or something, I felt bad lol

Offline tunechi

• Soldier
  • Mogura
  • tookewl the rapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 02:09 pm »
If it is for a school project then it is probably more than just relocating. My college has classes that require students to do a project that requires amassing a collection of insects and then classifying all of them. Unfortunately, none of the insects survive but their carcasses are proudly put on display in the hallway. I swear, if I were ever required to do such a project I'd refuse to do it simply out of principle. It's a stupid thing to kill a bunch of innocent insects for.No, it's not strange. You are righteous man, O youth of the American Pacific.

xD yeah

Offline Raider

• Mortar
  • Proud SCOURGE Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 02:10 pm »
The same sort of thing happenedc to me like a year ago when a friend told me to get him a bruno mars album for a school project but It was his birthday. I didn't get him one but he bought it anyway
300th thank~ Alonnesix
GIFSoup

Offline Flippenout

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • REAL MEN WEAR PINK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 02:23 pm »
Yeah I have a hard time killing anything. I mean look at their faces.
Accomplishments:
-Be the second to last Survivor in the first ever 'Hunger' Gameshow.
-Become a Reviewer
-Get a Feature
-Make lots of friends
-Gain respect.
-Become the 2nd best private of the year

Offline trans301

• Disruptor
  • Freedom is the right of all Sentient beings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 02:50 pm »
If anything annoys me, I snuff out it's miserable life, unless it's bigger than a dragonfly, in which case I swear at it.

Offline gamezman305

• Mortar
  • >>>>>>>>>
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 03:11 pm »
IKR, like with spiders. They won't hurt you unless your a threat, so don't try to kill it durr. But with wasps...........

SHOW NO MERCY!!!!!!

Offline glowingbluewolf

• Mortar
  • The Über Nerd~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 05:05 pm »
Eh.... Im dont feel bad about killing insects, but its not like i just go outside with insecticide and kill all of them. Though if its anything other than a fly of ant (like a stink bug or bee) a usually just kinda do nothing.... or panic XD
But no, i dont find it odd. I mean, its just how you feel/are, and since were all different, its not odd at all

Offline Troyio

• I'm not black
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • <^>CoNtEgO bRoThErHoOd<^>
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 06:39 pm »
I don't kill bugs

BUT I WILL RAPE A MOSQUITOS ASS

Offline kittysocks

• The Narcissistic Psychopath
  • Electropede
  • I wonder why I come on here somedays.
    • View Profile
    • Go here.
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 06:42 pm »
Arachniphobia means anything that has 8 legs is dead to me, literally.
Friendlist:
Minja
Ju
Firetrolik

Burn in hell for all I care list:
Big Squiddy
Bluefire
Redstorm

Offline tunechi

• Soldier
  • Mogura
  • tookewl the rapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 06:48 pm »
I don't kill bugs

BUT I WILL RAPE A MOSQUITOS ASS

...LOL

Offline etxbear

• The Ursamajor
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • I farted.
    • View Profile
    • My Sploder Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 08:10 pm »
I don't find it odd. I feel somewhat the same, really. I don't like to kill anything for the sake of killing something. I don't hunt as a result of this personal philosophy, unlike my Texan brethren. If it's a threat, wasp, hornet, bee, or sploderoach, then I have no mercy, but that's only if I see it inside my house or inside a building I regularly visit. I remember one time when my old dog "Chocolate" (RIP friend) stole a chicken from my neighbor's chicken farm and damaged it to the point where it was dying and I was watching it die right in front of me. I felt horrible watching that, but I decided to end its suffering before it inevitably ended and beheaded it with a shovel. I remember another time when I was mowing my overgrown back yard and I ran over a baby rabbit that I didn't see. Both of these times, I felt like a bad person.

However, I feel that relocating a preying mantis isn't cruel. What may happen to it when this person receives it may be cruel, but if it doesn't get harmed and is released afterwards alive, then don't feel bad.