Author Topic: NEW MEMBERS WHO WANT TO BECOME A MODERATOR, REVIEWER, OR EDITOR PLEASE COME HERE  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
First of all, thank you for your interest in wanting to help and further contribute to this, our humble abode. We really appreciate the enthusiasm of new members who want to join our staff. If you want to hold a MS position then there are a few things you should know first:

• Before even trying to for a position on the MS you should first spend a good deal of time on the forum. We like members to have been on the forum for at least two months before allowing them to apply to become an Editor or Main Site Moderator. You can apply to be a reviewer right off the bat, however. Just be familiar with the rules of applying to become a reviewer.
  • DO NOT ASK TO BE GIVEN A MS POSITION. IT WILL NOT WORK. EVER. YOU MUST APPLY IN THE PROPER MANNER.
  • Don't complain if your application gets denied. Learn from your mistakes and do better the next time.

How to become a Reviewer

To become a reviewer you must simply write a good review of any Sploder game (We prefer it to be a game of some quality, though. Do NOT review art games or your own games.) and post it in the Reviewer Applications category. Do NOT post them in Reviewer Lane. A certain vengeful Lieutenant will delete applications posted in Reviewer Lane. ;)

How to Become an Editor

Becoming an Editor is a bit trickier than the other two. First of all, you can only apply once I've decided to send you the application. How can you convince me to send you an application, you ask? Good question! First of all, don't ask for it. That would just not be a smart thing to do, I'm sad to say. Most of what I base my decisions off of are what I can glean from a person's reviews. This does not mean that you must be a Reviewer in order to become an Editor. It does help, though. Just prove to me that you know a good game when you see one, and you just may be seeing a PM from me in your inbox. To learn more about becoming an Editor, please go here

How to Become an Main Site Moderator

First of all, before you may become a Main Site Moderator you MUST have been a member of this forum for at least two (2) months. Once you have been here for two months you may then apply in this thread. In MSMs we are looking for the most mature, dependable, and trustworthy members, as this position holds a lot of responsibility.

Once You've Earned a MS Position...

• Know that you can be removed from your position if you abuse your powers or don't do your job well.
  • This is very important: Any accounts you own that hold a MS position can NOT be shared with any other user. Geoff does not want non-staffers having access to staff members' accounts. This also means that you can not collaborate with your own account if it holds a MS position. You must use an alternative account for collaborating.
  • Once you've gained a lot of experience at your position(s) one of us may ask you to be a recruiter for your position. Make sure to embrace that opportunity, should it come up.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 11:34 am by Superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.