Author Topic: A reminder for my fellow Editors  (Read 740 times)

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
A reminder for my fellow Editors
« on: August 12, 2012, 07:57 pm »
It's come to my attention that some of you may be featuring games without actually playing a significant portion of them. This must stop. The problem seems to be that some of you may be choosing not to play all the way through the game in favor of just featuring it based on the reputation of the person who made the game in a process a certain somebody has so affectionately dubbed as "autofeaturing". You always, always, ALWAYS need to play through a game before you can even consider featuring it. Don't just assume that because a given user always makes good games that his newest game is by default going to be feature-worthy. I don't care if even liv33vil himself randomly came back on and produced a quality game. Play it through. If you have trouble getting through a particular game then feel free to use the thumbnail of the game given in the games administration. It'll usually show you the entire game. (Unless, of course, the game has multiple levels in which case you could be out of luck.) If you need more ask the person who made the game for tips on getting through. Some users like to make video walkthroughs of their more difficult games. You can use those to help you, as well. Just so long as you see enough of the game so you can formulate a complete opinion about it. (And don't just assume that just because the first half of a game is good it means that the second half will be good as well.)
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline deathleaf

• Electropede
  • I am Pie lover guy!
    • View Profile
Re: A reminder for my fellow Editors
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 01:35 am »
Isn't the rule to finish 70% of the game before featuring it? I am sure I was told that by HK? If so I only feature a game If I get 70% or more in the game.

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 03:33 am »
I know this, lol. I don't feature games without getting close enough to beating it, I can usually beat most games I come across anyway, lol.

@Deathleaf

I don't really think there's a set number, but you have to see a fair majority imo
#WCGP

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 03:50 am »
Isn't the rule to finish 70% of the game before featuring it? I am sure I was told that by HK? If so I only feature a game If I get 70% or more in the game.
Well, yeah. When I said "play through" that is about what I meant. Don't use 70% as an absolute, though. That number can vary from game to game. Honestly, I don't see anything magical about 70%. It seems to me that hk just arbitrarily chose that number because I don't see any great reasoning behind it other than that it is closer to 100 than it is to 0.

And sorry if this comes off as a bit curt. I'm feeling rather bitter after watching the last several episodes of the second season (Or "series" for my friends in the UK.) of Walking Dead. So much dead. So much walking.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 03:53 am by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline deathleaf

• Electropede
  • I am Pie lover guy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 04:51 am »
No, I agree.

Offline casper11

• Caspurr
  • Bugmeister
  • My cat is badass
    • View Profile
    • DeCAPS
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 05:13 pm »
So much dead. So much walking.
Those walking dead people always put people in such a bad mood.
Boo