Author Topic: Links dont work , codes dont work ... i need some HELP.  (Read 364 times)

Offline mrsplat

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
Links dont work , codes dont work ... i need some HELP.
« on: August 06, 2012, 11:37 am »
So basically it all comes down to the fact that since the forum upgrade ive been having some issues....
my inbox seems trashed... found a how to fix it guide followed it and fixed it.
There isnt however a how to guide for showing how to fix the links and code for showing in game stuff in these newer forums.
Come to think of it .. there are also very few other things that work as id expect...
for instance i made a southpark musical game... if i search southpark on the main site it does not show up... no wonder my games get so few plays... well that and im new and totally unadjusted to this sploder environment.
Still I make offers that i think are actually pretty amazing .. only to watch the offers go ignored... I know there are some makers of equal quality free graphics however no one even bothered to test out my stuff and when Featured Games use my graphics they dont credit me... then again few graphics people get thanks and there are way better folks in this game making graphic maker area that sit ignored , unappreciated and downright TRODDEN on.
Thats not saying i dont want people to use my graphics... or even someone elses...
Graphics count doesnt equal levels in sploder... THAT IS JUST WRONG !
Often times people who use your stuff dont even bother to "like" them..
Games count for something but make alot of used graphics and well your are just considered useless.. great thanks for hard work there.
At first i was unsure if i should post this.. im sure some people are going to take this as license to flame or even sink this post as a complaint only post..
However should you wish to take pity on this old soul.. consider at least replying how to Post a link that works in this new forum.

Offline theravicale

• Local semi-tech-literate person. And The Oracle.
  • Electropede
  • I'm a mod that actually does something :3
    • View Profile
    • RavicDesign
Re: Links dont work , codes dont work ... i need some HELP.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 07:48 pm »
So basically it all comes down to the fact that since the forum upgrade ive been having some issues....
my inbox seems trashed... found a how to fix it guide followed it and fixed it.
There isnt however a how to guide for showing how to fix the links and code for showing in game stuff in these newer forums.
Come to think of it .. there are also very few other things that work as id expect...
for instance i made a southpark musical game... if i search southpark on the main site it does not show up... no wonder my games get so few plays... well that and im new and totally unadjusted to this sploder environment.
Still I make offers that i think are actually pretty amazing .. only to watch the offers go ignored... I know there are some makers of equal quality free graphics however no one even bothered to test out my stuff and when Featured Games use my graphics they dont credit me... then again few graphics people get thanks and there are way better folks in this game making graphic maker area that sit ignored , unappreciated and downright TRODDEN on.
Thats not saying i dont want people to use my graphics... or even someone elses...
Graphics count doesnt equal levels in sploder... THAT IS JUST WRONG !
Often times people who use your stuff dont even bother to "like" them..
Games count for something but make alot of used graphics and well your are just considered useless.. great thanks for hard work there.
At first i was unsure if i should post this.. im sure some people are going to take this as license to flame or even sink this post as a complaint only post..
However should you wish to take pity on this old soul.. consider at least replying how to Post a link that works in this new forum.
1. The forum switch also ensued a change from HTML to BBcode for posts (sadly D: I like HTML D:).

2. Add more tags to your Southpark game, tags are usually what the search thing on sploder priorities.

3. You can't see who created what graphic in the creator, that is why they don't credit you. Just feel glad that people use your work and think that it is good enough for their game. Share graphics on the forum if you want even more feedback.

4. The level system is archaic, Geoff hasn't updated it for about 11 months at this point, mostly because there are better things for him to do. Don't worry, levels don't even really do much in the first place.

5. Use the button with the globe and piece of paper to get the link script.

http://forums.sploder.com/index.php/topic,289833.msg0.html#new

Offline mrsplat

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
Re: Links dont work , codes dont work ... i need some HELP.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 09:33 pm »
Thankyou for the reply... hmm BB codes ill check that out some more though i can say i attempted to do the hyperlink and its link.. didnt go anyplace. though if i copy pasted the description into the browsers address bar i got to see the game