Like any of the anime I suggested? If not I have more lol

Offline writerofchaos

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
Writer
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 01:40 am »
Posted By: empoleonLike any of the anime I suggested? If not I have more lol

I'd love to hear them. I'm a bit caught up watching Darker the Black right now, so I haven't tried all of your suggestions.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:41 am by writerofchaos »
Live long and prosper, people.

Offline Emp

• Soldier
  • Electropede
  • Men
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Writer
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 01:48 am »
Yay Darker Than Black :D Problem with that one is it drags on too long.

+ Spice & Wolf is definitely a must-watch. Fits your requirements very well.

+ Code Geass is my favorite anime, but only has hints of real romance.

+ Steins;Gate was brilliantly done, and the romance builds up toward the end. Great one there.

+ Nana is a really adult anime with adult themes, but it's an awesome watch. A good amount of episodes, and you really can't stop watching once you start.

In order of best (my opinion):
Code Geass
Steins;Gate
Spice & Wolf
Nana

BUT Spice & Wolf should be a next try.

I've watched over two months of anime, so I've watched quite a lot.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:48 am by empoleon »

Offline writerofchaos

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
Writer
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 01:52 am »
Posted By: empoleonYay Darker Than Black :D Problem with that one is it drags on too long.

+ Steins;Gate was brilliantly done, and the romance builds up toward the end. Great one there.

+ Nana is a really adult anime with adult themes, but it's an awesome watch. A good amount of episodes, and you really can't stop watching once you start.

Code Geass
Steins;Gate
Spice & Wolf
Nana

I'm super excited to try Spice & Wolf, and Steins;Gate. I would watch Code Geass but I'm waiting for a friend that i told her I'd watch it with. What's Nana about, exactly?

Offline Emp

• Soldier
  • Electropede
  • Men
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Writer
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 01:57 am »
Posted By: writerofchaos
Posted By: empoleonYay Darker Than Black :D Problem with that one is it drags on too long.

Code Geass
Steins;Gate
Spice & Wolf
Nana

I'm super excited to try Spice & Wolf, and Steins;Gate. I would watch Code Geass but I'm waiting for a friend that i told her I'd watch it with. What's Nana about, exactly?
Both awesome :D

So Nana is a strange one, not sure if I completely remember it. A girl goes to Tokyo for a new life or something, and ends up being a roommate with a girl she met on the train named Nana (forgot which one was named Nana...). Nana (not the main character) ends up in a band and the series is all about Nana and the main's relationship despite all the stuff that goes on in their lives (lots of drama). It's a really big drama.

Also, a warning about a couple of anime. People say "Kimi No Todoke" is a wonderful anime, DON'T BE FOOLED. It's a terribly boring anime, and you wait forever for romance, but it never really happens.

If you want full-blown romance anime with awesome guy and a girl always being in second-place to him try "Special A". I liked that one.

Offline writerofchaos

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
Writer
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 02:19 am »
Posted By: empoleon

Code Geass
Steins;Gate
Spice & Wolf
Nana

Both awesome :D

So Nana is a strange one, not sure if I completely remember it. A girl goes to Tokyo for a new life or something, and ends up being a roommate with a girl she met on the train named Nana (forgot which one was named Nana...). Nana (not the main character) ends up in a band and the series is all about Nana and the main's relationship despite all the stuff that goes on in their lives (lots of drama). It's a really big drama.

Also, a warning about a couple of anime. People say "Kimi No Todoke" is a wonderful anime, DON'T BE FOOLED. It's a terribly boring anime, and you wait forever for romance, but it never really happens.

If you want full-blown romance anime with awesome guy and a girl always being in second-place to him try "Special A". I liked that one.

Sounds awesome, emp. Nana sounds good, but I have two questions. One, is the name an English version of her name, or is it actually the Japanese word for seven, and two, I have to ask, it doesn't have yuri, does it?

Offline Emp

• Soldier
  • Electropede
  • Men
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Writer
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 02:25 am »
No idea, and no it does not. I know some nice Yuri mangas if you want those xP

Offline writerofchaos

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
Writer
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 04:29 am »
Posted By: empoleonNo idea, and no it does not. I know some nice Yuri mangas if you want those xP

Um, I'll let you stick with those :-).

Offline Emp

• Soldier
  • Electropede
  • Men
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Writer
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 04:33 am »
Posted By: empoleonNo idea, and no it does not. I know some nice Yuri mangas if you want those xP

>_> They're pretty bad anyways. I haven't seen/read any good Yuri ever, and there's way too much Yaoi out there.

Offline writerofchaos

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
Writer
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 04:37 am »
Posted By: empoleon

>_> They're pretty bad anyways. I haven't seen/read any good Yuri ever, and there's way too much Yaoi out there.

Don't I know it. All my friends read yoai and it creeps the hell out of me.