Author Topic: Smoking: Your Opinion on It.  (Read 136 times)

Offline Myrmidon

• Guard
    • View Profile
Smoking: Your Opinion on It.
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2012, 06:49 pm »
when they banned alcohol in some parts of the United sates it caused more crime than it reduced.

Offline ckxgames

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012, 06:50 pm »
Depends what you smoke, though. Cigarettes will kill you easily, but Cigars don't do anything. Still, I hate smokers. Whenever someone is by me, and is smoking, I always cough because of the smoke I'm inhaling. I lost my math teacher to smoking, and she was the only good teacher I had. Bottomline, if you smoke cigarettes, you might as well be blowing the life out of yourself, along with the smoke.

Offline kyl3

• Disruptor
  • kyleissocoollike/awesomekid123/moviesworthwatching
    • View Profile
    • 4chan
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012, 06:50 pm »
Someone I knew died at the age of 27 from heroin overdose. They also found out he did meth, chewed tobacco, and smoked. He developed lung cancer 2 days after he died. The heroin was the cause of his death, but if he didn't overdose, he'd still die from his smoking issues.

~-Kyle-~

Offline Myrmidon

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 06:52 pm »
Posted By: casper11
Posted By: jakemiller1
Posted By: eclipserain
Posted By: matthade2
Posted By: casper11Smoking should be banned.

The only reason it isn't is the amount of tax it generates.

I'm never going to smoke.Thankful People:tfandmetalmusic
If it was banned crime rates would rise, because people would steal so they could afford illegal tobacco. there would also be more people jobless(cigarette companies) therefore damaging the economy even more.

because we all know the economy and the crime rate is more important than A HUMAN LIFE!! //-_-
smoking is a choice. people who smoke know the risks. why should non smokers suffer higher crime rates and a weaker economy to help those who chose to put their life at risk.

Because most of them chose to put their life at risk because of stupidity, peer pressure, etc. If smoking was banned, death would drastically go down. The only crime that would occur as a result of this would be the illegal trade of cigarettes.
and to afford those illegal cigarettes people would start stealing.
No...

As I said, can you imagine anyone's grandma buying cigs on the black market?

Also, black market cigarettes likely wouldn't be as expensive as shop bought ones, because tax is avoided on them. If anything, then less people would have to steal to afford them.

You also seem to think that all smokers are hardcore crazed criminals who'd do anything to get cigs. The reality is that that just isn't true.
It would cost more because the dealers would just keep raising the prices just like what happens with cannabis.

Offline peruguy2005

• Disruptor
  • Never give up on your dreams; just keep going.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2012, 06:53 pm »
I guess we'll have to wait until the majority of the people stop smoking in order to officially stop it.

Offline Myrmidon

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 06:54 pm »
smoking is disgusting.