Author Topic: Sploder Story: House of Shadows  (Read 42 times)

Offline NPC

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • I'm a fish.
    • View Profile
Sploder Story: House of Shadows
« on: July 08, 2012, 09:49 pm »
“Well, what do you think?”

Jack stared up in wonder at the mansion. Even though it was huge, it rose elegantly into the heavens, and its pearly white sheen matched the clouds it almost managed to stroke. Jack counted four vertical rows of windows on the side. It’s perfect, he thought. A little TOO perfect.

“Well?” his dad said.

“I don’t know,” Jack said. “It certainly looks nice…”

“Doesn’t it?” Mr. Hamilton said. “It has four stories, five bedrooms, and a lounge where we can put our TV and all that!” The happy man beamed at the house. “It looks like the $175,000 was worth it after all!”

“The $175,000 dollars you got from Mom’s inheritance, you mean,” Jack said, his eyebrows dropping.

“...and two fireplaces and a big yard and a pool!” his dad continued.

“Heartless…” Jack mumbled.
His dad must’ve heard him, because he turned around with a sinister smile plastered on his face.

“Son, this is our new home now,” Ben Hamilton said, “and I think you should treat me with a little more respect for finding this spectacular house.”

“But you-“ Sean started –

“…will NOT question me or the decisions I make,” his father finished. “Now, my friend owl, do I make myself clear?”

Sean shuddered. When he was little, his dad would give him the title “friend owl” when he was in trouble. A spanking or severe grounding would usually follow this. Even now, when he was 15, he still hated the name.

“Yes, Dad,” Sean mumbled.

“I said, DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?” his father said more forcefully.

“YES, Dad,” Sean said more defiantly.

“Good,” Ben said. “I’m glad we understand each other. Now let’s pack up.”

Sean stepped out of the car and walked towards the movers’ truck. As he was walking, he spared a glance at the house. It towered magnificently over him, the sun shining right behind it on an angle, casting light rays across his vision. As he continued walking, the shadows along the house mingled together and seemed to bend into a shape.

Two eyes, two dark, almond-shaped eyes, made of shadows, were glaring at Sean.

The boy stopped in his tracks with a yelp. He stumbled backwards and gazed in awe and terror at the strange apparition. The shadows remained in position, still glaring at Sean.

The sun shrank behind the house, and darkness overlapped the eyes, until they were completely swallowed by the shadows.

Sean checked his watch.

7:06.

It turned 7:07 the moment he looked at it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 10:37 pm by npc10000 »

Offline NPC

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • I'm a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 10:38 pm »
Bump.

Offline MIB agent Bob

• Mortar
  • Mess with the viper, you get the fangs.
    • View Profile
    • Arcadeprehacks
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 10:48 pm »
"Pees self" jk, still scary though.

psst, click the globe ;)

Offline NPC

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • I'm a fish.
    • View Profile