Author Topic: A Lot of Questions..but I Need Them to Be Answered!  (Read 294 times)

Offline danlev66

• Turret
  • I want to show my avatar, but my computer doesn't.
    • View Profile
A Lot of Questions..but I Need Them to Be Answered!
« on: July 06, 2012, 09:01 am »
Well, when you post a review, and its accepted or denied...how do you change its title?
And also...well...how do you KNOW when its been accepted or denied?
And, off this subject...when you ARE a reviewer/moderator/editor do you rank up?
And how DO you ACTUALLY rank up? I mean, does ranking up in the forums require you to be R/M/E or to accomplish things to do with them? Or is it just like posting good comments and good discussions and stuff?
And how long does it take to rank up from PRIVATE?

I know this is a lot of questions but PLEASE answer them all. Thank you.

Offline boredgame

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • I'm a she. ;3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 10:16 am »
Posted By: danlev66Well, when you post a review, and its accepted or denied...how do you change its title?

Click the edit button found on the upper right corner of your comment.

Posted By: danlev66how do you KNOW when its been accepted or denied?

A reviewer recruiter will say so.

Posted By: danlev66when you ARE a reviewer/moderator/editor do you rank up?

If you mean rank up on the forums, then no. Ranking up here is different from earning badges for the Main site positions.

Posted By: danlev66how DO you ACTUALLY rank up?

In a category hidden from those ranking private and below, soldiers (the rank above private) decide on and vote for those whom they think is ready for the rank.

Posted By: danlev66I mean, does ranking up in the forums require you to be R/M/E or to accomplish things to do with them?

No.

Posted By: danlev66Or is it just like posting good comments and good discussions and stuff?

Somehow this is correct. But it is not only posting good comments and discussions. You have to earn the trust and respect of the soldiers that they might deem you a worthy soldier. Maturity is one of the things that soldiers look for in a person being voted on for soldier. There is more to ranking up than posting good things as ranking up entails a lot more responsibility than a private.

Posted By: danlev66And how long does it take to rank up from PRIVATE?

There is no specific time frame. If soldiers+ see you worthy to become a soldier, you will be voted on which means there is still a possibility of being declined even if you did make it into voting.

I hope that answered all your questions. If you have any more, feel free to ask.
You may not be able to direct the forceful wind, but you can always adjust the sails.

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 10:24 am »
Posted By: danlev66Well, when you post a review, and its accepted or denied...how do you change its title?

Go to the first post of your disussion and on your right hand side it says "Edit" along with "Quote" and "Report Post".
Click Edit, then change the title to Accepted or Denied (whichever takes place) then click on the title and press enter.

A recruiter (Me, Swallowthesun, Spidapig, Moolatycoon, Lcraniuml, Okkeny and any Lieutenant or General can accept or deny reviews. We'll say "Accepted" if we accept you and say "Denied" when we deny you, and usually tag along reasons why you're denied. If we haven't said anything, we haven't seen your review and you just need to keep bumping it.

No, when you get badges you don't rank up on the forums, usually MS accomplishments don't matter much, the forums have different requirements.

Rank up by being fun to talk to, a fun guy, being somewhat mature and things like that. No, MS badges don't have anything to do with promotions, but the can, matter of factly prove that you're responsible to take on forum roles. Soldiers+ vote on Privates they think are read to be ranked up, if they have a 70-75% success majority they are promoted, anything less and they will be denied. You must be somewhat willing to help out too if you want a rank up. Usually promos take a while,  but keep trying!

Posting good discussions and good comments help your cause, but usually we don't base our decision on good threads, lol.

It usually takes a while, it took me about 5 or 6 months which is considered relatively quick.
#WCGP

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 10:25 am »
Goshdarnit Bored and your boost, stupid iPod typing :(
#WCGP

Offline boredgame

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • I'm a she. ;3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 10:26 am »
^^ That's basically a reworded version of what I said, lol.

EDIT: Lol. Yay. :D
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 10:26 am by boredgame »
You may not be able to direct the forceful wind, but you can always adjust the sails.

Offline danlev66

• Turret
  • I want to show my avatar, but my computer doesn't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 10:48 am »
Thank you so much.  It was really nice of you to help, cos I thought nobody would! Lol! But, what are the ranks?
I know that there is Private, Solider, General, and Liutenant, but what else?

Offline Halo

• Mortar
  • Australia here. =)
    • View Profile
    • storums
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 06:50 pm »
T4, host, grunt, outcast, POW, game show host+, POW detani, giblet, cic, (don't go aiming for cic) applicant, no access.

I hope this helped!

Offline boredgame

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • I'm a she. ;3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 11:02 pm »
Posted By: danlev66Thank you so much.  It was really nice of you to help, cos I thought nobody would! Lol! But, what are the ranks?
I know that there is Private, Solider, General, and Liutenant, but what else?

The people here, well most, are always willin to help out. :)

The other ranks are basically what australia had said.