Author Topic: About: Basic Training & About: Making Guides  (Read 693 times)

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
About: Basic Training & About: Making Guides
« on: July 03, 2012, 08:39 pm »
Really guys, we have plenty already and you're all just repeating the rules that  are already listed in fused threads. It's redundant, unneeded and a waste of space.

What "Basic Training" Is For

Basic training is not a totally serious category, but most of it is used for business and to help you on your merry way in the Sploder Forums. Usually, this place is for introducing yourself if you're new, or feel unnoticed and wish to introduce yourself if you haven't already. What does this do? First of all, it gives you a warm welcome and  possibly friends early on.

Another is questions and answers, you can ask a question here or make a discussion here

Basic Training also includes many guides, and this is what's most important to remember, we DON'T need you making up your own little versions of Rule Books, Rules, What To Do, What Not To Do. As I've mentioned, it's redundant, and the majority of us already know.

This is a fine thread containing many important guides, and if the guide you were thinking of is there, or in this, it's most probably unneeded, unless you can make a better one, which is unlikely.

About Making Guides

Good Guides or Tips: (A Few Aren't in Basic Training, But Could Easily Go There)
Example 1
Example 2
Example 3

Redundant Guides and Guides Not To Make:
Example 1
Example 2
Example 3
Example 4
Example 5

Tip: If you notice another discussion with a similar title or objective as to what you're going to make, and it's sunk, yours will probably get sunk too. And if it's similar to yours and isn't sunk, it means that yours isn't necessary as we can use the alternative one.

Tip: Do not make guides if you are a new member.

Remember: Basic Training has covered most of the rules, Q&A and guides, but if you've come up with something that hasn't been said anywhere, go ahead and make it
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 08:59 pm by jackjoshseb »
#WCGP

Offline patelio03

• Bugmeister
  • Splatter is happiness, happiness is darkness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 02:32 pm »
Good Guide. :D
I luv Splatter. Nuff' Said.

Offline wweandmetalmusic

• World Wrestling Federation
  • Centipede
  • <^>CoNtEgO bRoThErHoOd<^>
    • View Profile
    • HPWF
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 08:30 pm »
:D

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 02:45 pm »
I suggest that you change your examples of good guides. Not that the guides you chose are not good, it's just that the links will become broken once those threads are caught in the cleanup. I'd recommend using guides that are fused so you won't have to worry about the forum cleanup. As for the links to the bad guides, I just suggest that you simply try to keep those links valid.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 09:30 pm »
Posted By: superluigi77I suggest that you change your examples of good guides. Not that the guides you chose are not good, it's just that the links will become broken once those threads are caught in the cleanup. I'd recommend using guides that are fused so you won't have to worry about the forum cleanup. As for the links to the bad guides, I just suggest that you simply try to keep those links valid.

Sure, I'll update when I can.
#WCGP

Offline theravicale

• Local semi-tech-literate person. And The Oracle.
  • Electropede
  • I'm a mod that actually does something :3
    • View Profile
    • RavicDesign
Re: About: Basic Training & About: Making Guides
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 10:43 pm »
I can't believe that we actually needed this thread >.>

I like how quickly this gets to the point :D

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
Re: About: Basic Training & About: Making Guides
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 03:35 am »
I was sick of all of the guides that were made that were not needed, I still can't view the PMs category though, so I can't update the links lol.
#WCGP