Author Topic: A Guide to Creating a Decent RPFG  (Read 274 times)

Offline Wind

• im gay. im jewish. i really like politics.
  • Centipede
  • i hate 2013 wind
    • View Profile
A Guide to Creating a Decent RPFG
« on: June 27, 2012, 12:54 am »
So, I heard u liek Mudki- RPFGs! Well, if you want to make a good one, this is the place!

Brainstorming;

So, first you need to do some brainstorming! And no, I will not shower a city with brains!

Brainstorming basically means to sit down somewhere and think about how your RPFG will work. A few things to think about are;

The Name - Super important! I really doubt someones ganna join a RPFG named Rad Game, or Awsome Game. It's just like naming a Mainsite Game! Think of something that will make people want to click the thread!

The Genre - There are tons! Do you want a Fantasy game filled with Dragons, Knights, and Wizards? How about a Sci-fi game including Lightsabers, Laser Blasters, and Starships? Perhaps a Riddle Game? Or you could make a game based off of a Novel or Video Game! The possibilities are endless!

The Game Itself - How will it play out? Will it be Multiplayer? Will the Story slowly progress, or will it be written all at once? Will it be conected to other RPFGs? How about a Shop, or diffirent areas to explore? Will it be Turn-Based, or simply a "Attack as much as you want, as quickly as you want" game? Will it be a City-Constructer? Agian, the possibilities are endless!

A few tips on Brainstorming;

.Make sure your in a quite area. You little brothers screaming and hollering isn't going to make your RPFG very good

. If your not sure about what to add, ask a friend! You can ask someone in reality, or a fellow Sploderian. Also, i'm always willing to help!

. Make sure you don't copy anyone else! I've heard RPFGs that copy others can be shut down! Check the first page or so to see if anyone else has similar things. Also, it's alright if you share a similar Genre or Theme!

The actual Creation;

Alright, so now that you got everything brainstormed, it's time to begin the construction. Make sure you cleared out atleast 30 minutes of time, and begin typing. It is prefered to have HMTL, but you don't have to. If you shuck at HMTL, then ask someone else to help you. Another thing to do to improve your quality is to type the whole thing out on MSWord or something similar.

Also, it is reccomended that, like Brainstorming, you don't type it in a loud place. Loudness will only cause spelling/grammar issues.

Afterwards;

Now that you have a succesful RPFG going, your ganna probably need some help at one point. It's just ganna become such a hassle to check if you have a page or two coming out each day. You may want to ask someone to help you manage it, like a Co-Owner. If your taking a trip or something of the sort, I would highly suggest getting someone to take over. Someone who will tell you everything that happened.

You will, one day, have to shut down the RPFG. At this point, you can choose to end it forever, or let a trusted member take over. This can be a difficult choice, so choose well!

Please note, you can always ask a good RPFG maker, like me, Dragonlizard7, Thebluefire2011, or Shadross, to give you advice!

Conclusion;

Well, farewell future RPFG Creator. I wish you lots of Members, and luck as well (Your ganna need it, kid).
PLEASE VORE ME NOW

also drew cute lol

Offline dragonlizard7

• TF2 is a game where you can throw jars of piss at people, and not get charged for common indecency. That is all.
  • Centipede
  • Carpe Diem, it's a battle cry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 01:18 am »
No! I was about to create a guide! >:O

Offline Wind

• Centipede
  • i hate 2013 wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 01:21 am »
Posted By: dragonlizard7No! I was about to create a guide! >:O

:D
PLEASE VORE ME NOW

also drew cute lol

Offline Shadross

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • ~Squashawut~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 02:05 am »
I am a good Rpg maker? lololololo
Nani?

Offline Wind

• Centipede
  • i hate 2013 wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 02:07 am »
Posted By: ShadrossI am a good Rpg maker? lololololo

Aether seems pretty well made.

>.> Alot better than anything I ever made.
PLEASE VORE ME NOW

also drew cute lol

Offline Shadross

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • ~Squashawut~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 02:13 am »
Posted By: thewindlord
Posted By: ShadrossI am a good Rpg maker? lololololo

Aether seems pretty well made.

>.> Alot better than anything I ever made.
Lol thanks
Nani?

Offline dragonlizard7

• TF2 is a game where you can throw jars of piss at people, and not get charged for common indecency. That is all.
  • Centipede
  • Carpe Diem, it's a battle cry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 04:48 am »

>.>

Offline Wind

• Centipede
  • i hate 2013 wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 04:13 pm »
Posted By: dragonlizard7

>.>

xD
PLEASE VORE ME NOW