Author Topic: Spygate's Is Not Legit  (Read 303 times)

Offline Cyclone43

• The "Calm" Arsonist
  • Banned
  • Bugmeister
  • It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« on: June 26, 2012, 03:45 pm »
First off, the Jets did it in the exact same game as the Patriots and they got away with it. Second off, the rule was invented in 2006, so they have absolutely no right to question their Super Bowl wins since their last Super Bowl win was in the 2004-2005 NFL season. Third, Jimmy Johnson, one of the best coaches and GMs of all time from Dallas said that it didn't help them. Mr. Harbaugh, a twelve year old knows more of about the scandal then you do. You have absolutely no right to place an asterisk on their Super Bowl wins. Fourth, the Jets and Giants have faked injuries. The Giants did it against the Rams in Week 1. and the Jets did it in the 2010 Divisional Round against the Patriots in order to slow down their hurry up offense, their cheating stole a Super Bowl ring right off the Pats' fingers. With all the momentum they had, I'm sure they could've beaten the Packers. I know it's old news, but I wanted to post my opinion on here about the stupid thing. Goodell, you have absolutely no clue what you're doing. I wanted to clear it up to Superluigi why the Pats are not cheaters. Yeah, they just videotaped in the wrong way due to a misconception with the rules.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:05 pm by Cyclone43 »

Offline thunderleaf

• Disruptor
  • LOVE, LIFE, LOYALTY, AND LIVE LONG LIKE LEGENDS
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 03:46 pm »
Why does every scandal have "gate" at the end of it?

Offline Cyclone43

• The "Calm" Arsonist
  • Banned
  • Bugmeister
  • It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 03:54 pm »
Bump. I hope whtever or myown sees this.

Offline Cyclone43

• The "Calm" Arsonist
  • Banned
  • Bugmeister
  • It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 03:57 pm »
Bump.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 03:57 pm by Cyclone43 »

Offline Whtever

• The Darkness of Despair
  • Mogura
  • GO FALCONS
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 04:01 pm »
I never thought Goodell had any idea what he was doing.

I've played the game myself and I believe that looking at hand gestures does not help at all. Every team has a different offensive and defensive system, and in the NFL each is so advanced that I don't see any other team being able to decode it. Oklahoma State University puts up large signs with symbols on them detonating the called play to help its offensive players.

A harmless videotaping misconception is fine. Faking injuries is an insult to the game.

Offline thunderleaf

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 04:03 pm »
Posted By: whteverFaking injuries is an insult to the game.

I laughed when I saw that on the news.

Offline 559369

• Disruptor
  • http://www.sploder.com/games/members/559369/
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 04:05 pm »
The Giants pulling fake injuries is very interesting and have not heard it until now. you can't necessarily call it cheating, rather strategic removing of players. I believe if the coach organized this, than it would be a very great maneuver to slow them down. It can't be cheating and I wouldn't say they stole the Patriot's ring if they beat them twice. The patriots offence scored well in both Super Bowls against the Giants, also if the offence was slacking the head coach would have definitely put more pressure on the defense to play even better. The Giants beat the patriots twice in the Super Bowl and I have to disagree with you saying that they should have won.

Offline Cyclone43

• The "Calm" Arsonist
  • Banned
  • Bugmeister
  • It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 04:06 pm »
Posted By: 559369The Giants pulling fake injuries is very interesting and have not heard it until now. you can't necessarily call it cheating, rather strategic removing of players. I believe if the coach organized this, than it would be a very great maneuver to slow them down. It can't be cheating and I wouldn't say they stole the Patriot's ring if they beat them twice. The patriots offence scored well in both Super Bowls against the Giants, also if the offence was slacking the head coach would have definitely put more pressure on the defense to play even better. The Giants beat the patriots twice in the Super Bowl and I have to disagree with you saying that they should have won.

The first time the ref could've called back Tyree's catch, but allowed it to stand. There was also a clock error. I personally question the call of that safety, too, which changed the output of the game, since their defense first got a three and out on the Giants offense. The Patriots did not put up a lot of points in Super Bowl XLII, 14 is not a lot. 17 is also not a lot.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:09 pm by Cyclone43 »

Offline 559369

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 04:09 pm »
Posted By: Cyclone43
Posted By: 559369The Giants pulling fake injuries is very interesting and have not heard it until now. you can't necessarily call it cheating, rather strategic removing of players. I believe if the coach organized this, than it would be a very great maneuver to slow them down. It can't be cheating and I wouldn't say they stole the Patriot's ring if they beat them twice. The patriots offence scored well in both Super Bowls against the Giants, also if the offence was slacking the head coach would have definitely put more pressure on the defense to play even better. The Giants beat the patriots twice in the Super Bowl and I have to disagree with you saying that they should have won.

The first time the ref could've called back Tyree's catch, but allowed it to stand. There was also a clock error. I personally question the call of that safety, too, which changed the output of the game, since their defense first got a three and out on the Giants offense.

I have not even heard of a clock error in that game but the catch did dramatically changed the game.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:10 pm by 559369 »

Offline thunderleaf

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 04:11 pm »
I hope the Giants don't do well this season. Eli Manning obviously is on steroids. How can you be terrible the previous season, and suddenly become near-perfect?

Offline Whtever

• Mogura
  • GO FALCONS
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 04:11 pm »
There should be a rule (if there already isn't one) that if any player is proven to be faking injury (all injuries to verified by the NFL) then that player should face suspension.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:11 pm by whtever »

Offline 559369

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 04:12 pm »
Posted By: thunderleafI hope the Giants don't do well this season. Eli Manning obviously is on steroids. How can you be terrible the previous season, and suddenly become near-perfect?

Training? lol

Offline Cyclone43

• The "Calm" Arsonist
  • Banned
  • Bugmeister
  • It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 04:12 pm »
Posted By: 559369

The first time the ref could've called back Tyree's catch, but allowed it to stand. There was also a clock error. I personally question the call of that safety, too, which changed the output of the game, since their defense first got a three and out on the Giants offense.

I have not even heard of a clock error in that game but the catch did dramatically changed the game.

Regardless of winning or losing, everybody comes back to question the refs. Maybe in a century or so we'll have robot referees.

Offline 559369

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 04:13 pm »
Posted By: whteverThere should be a rule (if there already isn't one) that if any player is proven to be faking injury (all injuries to verified by the NFL) then that player should face suspension.

The NFL wouldn't take the time or spend the money to review every injury, minor or major.

Offline 559369

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 04:14 pm »

Regardless of winning or losing, everybody comes back to question the refs. Maybe in a century or so we'll have robot referees.

Hopefully. But almost every game there is a bad call that can be questioned.

Offline thunderleaf

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 04:14 pm »
Posted By: thunderleafI hope the Giants don't do well this season. Eli Manning obviously is on steroids. How can you be terrible the previous season, and suddenly become near-perfect?

Training? lol

With a lockout?

Offline Cyclone43

• The "Calm" Arsonist
  • Banned
  • Bugmeister
  • It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 04:14 pm »
Goddell needs to at least take away the Jets' second and third picks, what he originally was going to do with the Pats if they didn't make the playoffs since the Jets didn't make the playoffs this year. It's no fun putting a scandal on a losing team, you have to put it on the winning one, of course.

Offline Cyclone43

• The "Calm" Arsonist
  • Banned
  • Bugmeister
  • It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 04:16 pm »
Posted By: whteverThere should be a rule (if there already isn't one) that if any player is proven to be faking injury (all injuries to verified by the NFL) then that player should face suspension.

The NFL wouldn't take the time or spend the money to review every injury, minor or major.

They take the time to review every touchdown and now turnover, so I'm pretty sure they'd come up with the time to do that. They have injury timeouts, so why not just do that during the commercial break?

Offline Whtever

• Mogura
  • GO FALCONS
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 04:17 pm »
Okay, you're not getting what steroids do. They make your muscles more susceptible to growth which leads to increased strength. I don't think we saw Eli throwing the ball 90 yards downfield.

He is an extraordinary player who makes great decisions, has excellent throwing mechanics, and doesn't get pressured despite a terrible offensive line. He did better because he worked on these skills, and the Giants added great receivers to the starting line-up (who have also been improving)

I'm no Giants fan obviously, and I don't approve of some of the stuff they do on defense. But you can't say that their offense and special teams aren't top-notch. They outgunned the Packers.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:17 pm by whtever »

Offline thunderleaf

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 04:18 pm »
@Cyclone: Goodell needs to take away Tebow from them. To them, he's worth a second and third rounder for all the attention they want.

Offline Cyclone43

• The "Calm" Arsonist
  • Banned
  • Bugmeister
  • It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 04:18 pm »
Posted By: thunderleaf@Cyclone: Goodell needs to take away Tebow from them. To them, he's worth a second and third rounder for all the attention they want.

That'll never happen, just like they'd never remove the franchise tag on Brees for Bountygate. Tebow's going to be unsuccessful in the Big Apple, anyways.

Posted By: whtever
Okay, you're not getting what steroids do. They make your muscles more susceptible to growth which leads to increased strength. I don't think we saw Eli throwing the ball 90 yards downfield.

He is an extraordinary player who makes great decisions, has excellent throwing mechanics, and doesn't get pressured despite a terrible offensive line. He did better because he worked on these skills, and the Giants added great receivers to the starting line-up (who have also been improving)

I'm no Giants fan obviously, and I don't approve of some of the stuff they do on defense. But you can't say that their offense and special teams aren't top-notch. They outgunned the Packers.

That's because of their dynamic pass rush. The only way you defeat a team with that much weapons is by a dynamic pass rush.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:20 pm by Cyclone43 »

Offline Whtever

• Mogura
  • GO FALCONS
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 04:19 pm »

That's because of their dynamic pass rush. The only way you defeat a team with that much weapons is by a dynamic pass rush.
Well that did screw over the Falcons, but I lost count of how many times Victor Cruz did the salsa in the endzone. The man can get open anywhere.

Offline 559369

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 04:20 pm »

They take the time to review every touchdown and now turnover, so I'm pretty sure they'd come up with the time to do that. They have injury timeouts, so why not just do that during the commercial break?

It could work, but I still doubt they would do it. Or they probably get paid by the teams who pull fake injuries to not say anything.

Offline Cyclone43

• The "Calm" Arsonist
  • Banned
  • Bugmeister
  • It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 04:21 pm »

Well that did screw over the Falcons, but I lost count of how many times Victor Cruz did the salsa in the endzone. The man can get open anywhere.

It was obvious that he was a sleeper due to that preseason game against the Jets. I actually predicted him to do real well this year. Well, we got Ballard from the Giants, hopefully the same strategy works as it did against the Jets.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:22 pm by Cyclone43 »

Offline thunderleaf

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 04:21 pm »
The Giants are still overrated to an extent. I just freakin' hate how Eli and everyone on the Giants are treated like gods.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:22 pm by thunderleaf »

Offline Cyclone43

• The "Calm" Arsonist
  • Banned
  • Bugmeister
  • It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 04:22 pm »
Posted By: thunderleafThe Giants are still overrated to an extent. I just freakin' hate how Eli and everyone on the Giants are treated like gods.

They're still the same 9-7 team from last year.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:23 pm by Cyclone43 »

Offline Whtever

• Mogura
  • GO FALCONS
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2012, 04:26 pm »
They're a bad team that just happens to have a trophy. No big deal... it's only how most of sports will work until we have robotic referees.

Offline yuck3

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
Spygate's Is Not Legit
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2012, 04:34 pm »
Posted By: whteverThey're a bad team that just happens to have a trophy.
True dat!