Author Topic: My Rant About the Reviewer Lane System! (just Opinions :3)  (Read 443 times)

Offline matthade2

• Launcher
    • View Profile
UHM..Hello welcome to a rant sort of and please don't go crazy or anything because I'm sick of it to be honest. Anyway this rant focuses on the reviewer lane system of becoming reviewers in the first place! This will mainly be a countdown of the top 5 reasons why I think the reviewer lane system is out of wack. But first here are some rules:

RULES!!

1. DON'T SPLODE IN ANGER
2. these are opinions not facts so try not be bias or anything.
3. I am entitled to my own opinion and this in no way is me making reviewer lane sound like splode. Its just some thoughts of what I think should change

Alright this is my top 5 list of things on reviewer lane that should be changed!

5. Epic Confusion.
How many lists should be for you on how to become a reviewer? 1 right? NO!! This is one of the reasons I hate the system its so confusing for people starting out because one there are so many lists in the first place. Two almost all these lists are different from each other! And Three there are constantly new rule changes that are thrown into the mix! Such as Quantity of Quality and other stuff. The solution here is to only make 1 THREAD and delete the others or at least stop fusing them.

4. Biased Recruiters and Reviewers.
Some Recruiters and Reviewers are nice and understanding and follow the rules and the general groundwork. But some have gone just crazy and INSANE!! Some recruiters have there own style of recruiting reviewers that pretty much say "if you don't make a application EXACTLY the way I want it or I will deny it!!" Like whats the purpose of that exactly I don't know but these kind of recruiters make it hard on people trying to become a reviewer all because there biased! Reviewers do the same thing and use there judgement to affect their professionalism! The solution of this is to get rid of biased recruiters and reviewers that way EVERYONE has a fair chance!

3. ANGRY NOOBS GETTING DENIED!!!
Ok this one focuses more on the applicants than the recruiters. One thing that really makes me mad is when applicants go CRAZY because there denied and or just plain ignorant. I mean come on people its just a title and much less than something to get INSANE over! Noobs being Ignorant and just plain stupid are partially the overall problem of the whole system because when they get angry its because they didn't understand in the first place! (see number 5!) But more importantly when this happens it slows down the wholes system until its solved.. My solution here is to stop angry people exactly when the problem starts also fix the Epic confusion!

Offline matthade2

• Launcher
    • View Profile
My Rant About the Reviewer Lane System! (just Opinions :3)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 06:09 pm »
2. The standards or the groundwork of reviewer lane are splode.
Some of the standards to even getting accepted make it seem that you have to be perfect to become a reviewer I mean do you HONESTLY need the format to write a review? Well swallowthesun thinks it ruins the creative writing process so whats happened? Everyone needs to get one the same page and try to make the standards decent and POSSIBLE to do.
You either agree with problems or debate them out in a war that nobody wins!? Meanwhile these standards are always difficult and every time another rule is added or another thing has been changed it almost KILLS any chance of the applicants ever being accepted! My solution here is to get everyone on the same page and end these stupid debates or wars so we applicants can get back to what we were trying to do in the first place.

1. BARELY ANY RECRUITERS DON'T CARE!!
This one is kinda a the entire list all put into one. Some of these points on the list may sound the same but what it all adds up to is NOBODY CARES! This explains why recruiters are inactive almost all the time. And don't give me that speech such as: "we can't answer all applications because we actually have a life!" Ok that maybe be true but one fatal flaw ruins this statement. At least one recruiter is ALWAYS ON!! so don't tell me you have a life if your the kind of recruiter that spends ALL DAY on sploder (and yes I know you do..) and doesn't even bother to look at one application all day thats just freaking SPLODE!! Whats does this say to applicants well pretty much this: "Well i would check out applications but I basically don't want to because frankly I don't care." If you have a system and the recruiters on there don't even do their jobs what kinda splode is that? And I know there are plenty of people who would kill to take their places. My solution here is to actually see if recruiters do anything.

And thats my list! Well know that I got all that off my chest but I know there are a couple of flaws here and there and some of the ideas are basically the same but I really want to know if someone else feels the same way. Overall I care about this site I want to see it grow. But if these flaws ruin the whole site than whats the point? I just want to see if anyone else agrees with this and tell me what you think. (Please don't go all out negative its just opinions..:3) Lastly I love reviewer lane and it might be stupid to rant about but if someone doesn't care than who will? This is Matthade2 signing out!

Offline Mechanism G

• I make Mrezman feel depressed.
  • Disruptor
  • A of ♠™
    • View Profile
    • Uh...
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 06:10 pm »
Posted By: matthade2. ANGRY NOOBS GETTING DENIED!!!
Seems to me that you perhaps have been denied recently.
<a href="http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d002y937&amp;cs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d002y937&amp;cs=1</a><a href="http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d003ep3q&amp;cs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d003ep3q&amp;cs=1</a>
<a href="http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d0039ome&amp;cs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d0039ome&amp;cs=1</a>

Offline eclipserain

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 06:26 pm »
All we really need is more active recruiters.

Offline matthade2

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 06:26 pm »
bump

Offline matthade2

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 06:27 pm »
Posted By: eclipserainAll we really need is more active recruiters.

That is part of the problem. but it couldn't kill anyone to fix other things as well..

Offline peruguy2005

• Disruptor
  • Never give up on your dreams; just keep going.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 06:29 pm »
I'd facepalm anyone who agrees with this. //__-

5. What the hell are you talking about? Lists? Oh yeah, applicants can CHOOSE or come up with their own style.
4. The INSANE and CRAZY recruiters you're talking about just want actually GOOD reviewers accepted rather than having many nooby reviewers on the scene.
3. Who cares, a recruiter can just ban the person who's raging over something that doesn't matter.
2. Again, they want GOOD reviewers to be accepted.
1. They have lives. There's nothing you can do.

Offline matthade2

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 06:32 pm »
Posted By: peruguy2005I'd facepalm anyone who agrees with this. //__-

5. What the hell are you talking about? Lists? Oh yeah, applicants can CHOOSE or come up with their own style.
4. The INSANE and CRAZY recruiters you're talking about just want actually GOOD reviewers accepted rather than having many nooby reviewers on the scene.
3. Who cares, a recruiter can just ban the person who's raging over something that doesn't matter.

this is the exact thing I was talking about about people getting all negative and like I said before its my opinion and I'm not even going to stoop to your level. I'm sick of it.

Offline eclipserain

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 06:33 pm »
5. There are no real rules to writing a review. Those are just suggestions. Plus, the only list there is really the denied tracker....
4. No...
3. Not part of the system at all.
2. Are you kidding? The standards of making a review aren't even that high. They USED to be a lot higher. Have you seen some of the reviews that get accepted? They're really not perfect at all, lol.
1. We probably need more recruiters.

Your points don't make sense... I think you're just mad that you're denied or something... Just keep trying, you'll get it eventually.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:36 pm by eclipserain »

Offline matthade2

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 06:35 pm »
Posted By: eclipserain5. There are no real rules to writing a review. Those are just suggestions. Plus, the only list there is really the denied tracker....
4. No...
3. Not part of the system at all.
2. Are you kidding? The standards of making a review aren't even that high. They USED to be a lot higher. Have you seen some of the reviews that get accepted? They're really not perfect at all, lol.
1. We probably need more recruiters.

I accept your opinion and while I don't necessarily agree..thanks for not going angry a crazy over it.

Offline Elroy

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 06:36 pm »
Posted By: matthade2

this is the exact thing I was talking about about people getting all negative and like I said before its my opinion and I'm not even going to stoop to your level. I'm sick of it.

You can't start a rant and not have other people join in with their own clashing opinions.

Offline Parry

• #Paramedic
  • Centipede
  • All hail the Pony Queen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 06:38 pm »
@ 5 - Epic Confusion
There is only one thread that an applicant needs to go to and that is the Recruitment thread made by me. All other threads say nothing differently and there have been little or zero rule changes since I took control. Quality over Quantity is not a rule, merely a piece of advice.

@ 4 - Biased Recruitment
I have seen none of this, perhaps you would like to give me an example?

@ 3 - Angry Applicants
There is nothing I can do about this, haters gonna hate.

@ 2 - Groundwork
All the recruiters are very much on the same page. All discussion of our work is in the barracks, so how can you claim we have a 'war-like debate' over these issues? Also, it is simple to get into the reviewing team. Again, no rules have been added and the only reason people get denied is because they simply aren't good enough.

@ 1 - Lack of Caring
I can safely say that all, if not most, of the recruiters care about the recruitment. All applications get judged in the end, so applicants should be patient and wait for our verdict.
the rainbows
they are coming
they can not be stopped

Offline matthade2

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 06:39 pm »
Posted By: elroysice

You can't start a rant and not have other people join in with their own clashing opinions.

I understand that thats why I agreed to eclisperain and his statements..I'm just sick of people going all out obessed of comments when there is a rational way to do with it..

Offline matthade2

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 06:42 pm »
Posted By: paradon@ 5 - Epic Confusion
There is only one thread that an applicant needs to go to and that is the Recruitment thread made by me. All other threads say nothing differently and there have been little or zero rule changes since I took control. Quality over Quantity is not a rule, merely a piece of advice.

@ 4 - Biased Recruitment

@ 3 - Angry Applicants

@ 2 - Groundwork
All the recruiters are very much on the same page. All discussion of our work is in the barracks, so how can you claim we have a 'war-like debate' over these issues? Also, it is simple to get into the reviewing team. Again, no rules have been added and the only reason people get denied is because they simply aren't good enough.

@ 1 - Lack of Caring
I can safely say that all, if not most, of the recruiters care about the recruitment. All applications get judged in the end, so applicants should be patient and wait for our verdict.

While this is true there are two sides to every story and to me you make it sound like the whole reviewer lane is perfect..Try to see it from other points of view.

Offline Parry

• #Paramedic
  • Centipede
  • All hail the Pony Queen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 06:44 pm »
Posted By: paradon@ 5 - Epic Confusion

@ 4 - Biased Recruitment

@ 3 - Angry Applicants

@ 2 - Groundwork

@ 1 - Lack of Caring

While this is true there are two sides to every story and to me you make it sound like the whole reviewer lane is perfect..Try to see it from other points of view.
No, try to see it from my point of view. I'd like to see you running this recruitment with no complaints.
the rainbows
they are coming
they can not be stopped

Offline matthade2

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 06:48 pm »
ugh nevermind this whole conversation with you is pointless. I was only trying to explain something.. just nevermind sink this thread if you want its not worth you getting all worked up..

Offline eclipserain

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 06:49 pm »
The only real problem I see are that the recruiters that are there aren't enough, thus the reviews are getting seen a bit later than they should. We need like a couple people that will actively help out.

Offline Elroy

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 06:50 pm »
Sunk per user request.

Offline matthade2

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 06:52 pm »
Posted By: eclipserainThe only real problem I see are that the recruiters that are there aren't enough, thus the reviews are getting seen a bit later than they should. We need like a couple people that will actively help out.

it doesn't matter now anyway..when did this site turn into a dictatorship anyway..

Offline eclipserain

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2012, 06:54 pm »
Posted By: eclipserainThe only real problem I see are that the recruiters that are there aren't enough, thus the reviews are getting seen a bit later than they should. We need like a couple people that will actively help out.

it doesn't matter now anyway..when did this site turn into a dictatorship anyway..

...how is this an example of dictatorship? The system is fine, AND you requested it to be sunk. It's not like we rejected your opinions without even looking at them.

Offline matthade2

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2012, 06:56 pm »
Posted By: eclipserain

...how is this an example of dictatorship? The system is fine, AND you requested it to be sunk. It's not like we rejected your opinions without even looking at them.