Author Topic: I MAY BE WRITING A SCREENPLAY FOR SOMEBODY (CALIMAN COME HERE)  (Read 525 times)

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
So I posted a bid for a freelance job to write a script for somebody's movie.  He messaged me and told me to write 4-5 pages of a sample of where I would go with it, and if he likes it, i win the bid.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:06 pm by myownself »
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline marvelwilliam

• Disruptor
  • The Gosso King Of Crater Lake
    • View Profile
I MAY BE WRITING A SCREENPLAY FOR SOMEBODY (CALIMAN COME HERE)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 11:35 am »
*FRED SCREAM*

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 11:38 am »
Posted By: marvelwilliam*FRED SCREAM*

Pretty close.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline Image

• Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 11:43 am »
That's awesome!

I hope it works out for you.

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 11:46 am »
Posted By: theimageThat's awesome!

I hope it works out for you.
 If I win the bid then I have to write a 80-150 page screenplay.  It's right up my alley too.  It's like a post-zombie apocolypse sort of thing.  The payout for completion is like 600$.  :D
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 12:41 pm »
Nice, congrats. If you need help I'd be happy to assist any way I can. I kinda like writing.
It's good to be Young.

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 12:43 pm »
Posted By: YoungcalimanNice, congrats. If you need help I'd be happy to assist any way I can. I kinda like writing.

I'll be posting updates of the script as I write.

Here's the message he sent me.

In the interests of allowing as much creative freedom as possible I'll keep the brief as short as possible. I do like Bacchus for the main character but everyone else can change. The general setting is a in the mid-future during repatriation or re-settling era. The climax of the Zombie apocalypse was 20 years ago and vaccination programs have virtually wiped out all instances of Zombification worldwide.

If you can work with this for now and see where it takes you -
TWICE DEAD - SHORT SYNOPSIS
"A honeymooners paradise where truth is more horrific than fiction. Alma & Bacchus visit a safari park where the star attractions are captured zombies."

Timelines can change and I do have an ending in my but I've left it off intentionally so do with it as you will. Heroes journey, Buddy Movie, Slasher, Invent a new genre, really anything goes. Feel free to get as creative as you want. The most bizarre and entertaining sample is likely to win the bid.

My original vision style-wise if you can hit something like a black comedy with some truly sinister elements that would be ideal. You can be as gory as you want or not at all (for example Indiana Jones - I love the head popping/melting stuff). I don't have issues with the odd super-cheesy bit or resolution. I'm a fan of Russ Meyers splodeploitation but again you can leave that alone if you want. Same goes for nudity put it in or leave it out. If you bring something completely different and disregard all of the above I will respect that as well and maybe even love it.

Audience:
primary - young adults predominantly male 20-35
secondary - travellers,young women, young couples, artisans, botanists, sycophants

Other style influences
Troma Films
Evil Dead
Japanese Horror - Classic or Contemporary
(Also love absurdist humour like Catch 22, Monty Python, Black Adder)
Brain Dead or Bad Taste by Peter Jackson
Frank Oz
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 01:35 pm »
...OH MY GOD, I JUST HAD A BRAIN STORM. I'M GOING TO APPLY FOR JOBS SIMILAR TO THAT FOR MONEY! :DDDDDDD

I don't know why I didn't think of that before.

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 02:03 pm »
Posted By: swallowthesun...OH MY GOD, I JUST HAD A BRAIN STORM. I'M GOING TO APPLY FOR JOBS SIMILAR TO THAT FOR MONEY! :DDDDDDD

I don't know why I didn't think of that before.

Go to freelancer.com.  They have jobs like this, though it's really the only major screenplay one.  There are other things for writing.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 02:09 pm »
Posted By: myownselffreelancer.com

Now... is this website legit?

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 02:14 pm »
Posted By: swallowthesun

Yes, you have to place bids to get the job.  Whatever bid the person takes gets the job and does it for that amount of money.  If you want to know if a person's legit you should read reviews on them.  I usually don't go with people who have no reviews or if they have bad ones.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 02:21 pm »
Posted By: myownself

Yes, you have to place bids to get the job.  Whatever bid the person takes gets the job and does it for that amount of money.  If you want to know if a person's legit you should read reviews on them.  I usually don't go with people who have no reviews or if they have bad ones.

After looking it up on the internet, you should be careful about this website. There are a lot of scams out there.

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 02:28 pm »
This website is hit and miss. I would be especially careful about it.

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2012, 02:29 pm »
(As the opening credits role flashbacks are shown of what seems to be a zombie apocalypse.  We see blood spraying, limbs flying, skin rotting, people running and buildings burning.  We also see at different sections pieces of newspaper briefly describing what has happened.  We hear people crying and screaming, we hear the gnashing of teeth, and the crazed sounds of the zombies.  We then see a baby laying on the ground screaming with a dead women laying beside it.  The scene then changes to an air assault.  Bombs are being blown up and jets are flying by.  Then, as the scene changes again, we see people hiding in an underground safe house.  They are around a table listening to a TV.  There's a man on giving a speech:

Man on TV-  We have just been told that the last area populated by zombies has been destroyed.  That doesn't mean our work is done.  We don't know what caused this outbreak.  How do we know that it isn't airborn.  I'm here to tell the world to stay inside if they can.  If you go outside, wear a safety mask of some sort.  The horde is gone but that doesn't mean danger is.  Scientists are beginning work on an antidote as we speak.

CAMERA FADES TO BLACK

20 YEARS LATER

This is all i have so far.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2012, 02:30 pm »
Posted By: swallowthesunThis website is hit and miss. I would be especially careful about it.

I've heard good stuff about it.  If I don't get money doing something that I like well then, oh well, it was worth a try.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 02:34 pm »
Posted By: swallowthesunThis website is hit and miss. I would be especially careful about it.

I've heard good stuff about it.  If I don't get money doing something that I like well then, oh well, it was worth a try.

Did you look at review people have written about it on other websites? Did you read the complaints these people have gotten? They can charge you at anytime they want and you can't do a damm thing about it because of a policy they made. Someone got charged nearly 100 dollars just for joining the website and his/her complaint was ignored.

The employer can take what you write and run with it without paying you, and there is nothing you could do about it. 600+ dollars is a lot of money for a simple project like this. Freelancer can take whatever percentage of that they choose as well without telling you.

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 02:43 pm »

Did you look at review people have written about it on other websites? Did you read the complaints these people have gotten? They can charge you at anytime they want and you can't do a damm thing about it because of a policy they made. Someone got charged nearly 100 dollars just for joining the website and his/her complaint was ignored.

The employer can take what you write and run with it without paying you, and there is nothing you could do about it. 600+ dollars is a lot of money for a simple project like this. Freelancer can take whatever percentage of that they choose as well without telling you.
 Actually you don't have to pay to use the site.  

And it's actually not a very simple project.  If I get accepted I have to write 80-150 pages for the screenplay.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 02:44 pm »

Also, you will notice that people who posted these sob stories are probably the people who weren't able to scam the website's system due to complexity.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 02:45 pm »

Actually you don't have to pay to use the site.

And it's actually not a very simple project.  If I get accepted I have to write 80-150 pages for the screenplay.

You just completely ignored everything I said.
._.

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 02:46 pm »

Also, you will notice that people who posted these sob stories are probably the people who weren't able to scam the website's system due to complexity.

No, I've read a bunch of stories about it. They tend to change their policies without telling anybody to take extra money.

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 02:50 pm »

No, I've read a bunch of stories about it. They tend to change their policies without telling anybody to take extra money.
We'll see what happens.  There are positive and negative.  The positive seem to outweigh the negative so I'll take a chance.

Now, can I get some feedback on what I posted please? :)
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 02:53 pm »
I think what the "man on T.V." said was horribly cheesy and not formal enough. You should have included his background setting as well.

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 05:15 pm »
I'm going to make that more formal.  The background is set well, it just doesn't say what the newspapers actually say.  The dialogue I'm working on is pretty funny too.  I'll show that in a little bit.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 01:31 am »
bump
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 02:29 am »
BUMP
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline HappyTheorist

• Mortar
  • Unwind with some Coffee and me, Spinachie
    • View Profile
    • Facade Entertainment Hub
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 02:37 am »
Good luck, hope you get the job.

PM me to play Portal 2, SSBB or KI:

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 02:42 am »
Posted By: spinachieGood luck, hope you get the job.
Thanks!  So do I because I need the money bad.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 02:54 am »
bump
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2012, 01:44 pm »
BUMP

I GAVE HIM THE IDEA OF WHERE I'M GOING WITH IT AND HE SAID THAT HE LIKED ME AND SHOWED ME SOME INFO THAT HE WASN'T GOING TO SHOW UNTIL HE PICKED A PERSON.

I like where this is going.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2012, 10:33 pm »
BUMP
Aspiring Filmmaker...