Author Topic: I MAY BE WRITING A SCREENPLAY FOR SOMEBODY (CALIMAN COME HERE)  (Read 558 times)

Offline eclipserain

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
I MAY BE WRITING A SCREENPLAY FOR SOMEBODY (CALIMAN COME HERE)
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2012, 10:42 pm »
Posted By: myownselfBUMP

I GAVE HIM THE IDEA OF WHERE I'M GOING WITH IT AND HE SAID THAT HE LIKED ME AND SHOWED ME SOME INFO THAT HE WASN'T GOING TO SHOW UNTIL HE PICKED A PERSON.

I like where this is going.

:o This seems like a good sign.

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2012, 10:44 pm »
I hope he picks me.  Everything about this movie screams me.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline Stanleykitten

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I'm a soldier nub. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2012, 10:52 pm »
Myown, I suggest not publishing it publicly on sploder. Just email it to a couple trusted people. ;)
Just a humble little creeper. C:

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2012, 10:53 pm »
I'm only going to be showing the sample which will be 4-5 pages and maybe a character list.  :)
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline Stanleykitten

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I'm a soldier nub. ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2012, 11:00 pm »
Posted By: myownselfI'm only going to be showing the sample which will be 4-5 pages and maybe a character list.  :)
Could I see more of it sometime later?
Just a humble little creeper. C:

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2012, 11:00 pm »
Posted By: Stanleykitten
Posted By: myownselfI'm only going to be showing the sample which will be 4-5 pages and maybe a character list.  :)
Could I see more of it sometime later?
I'm working on the opening dialogue scene.  I'll be posting it here later.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2012, 11:09 pm »
BUMP
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline NPC

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • I'm a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2012, 11:10 pm »
Cool, I want to make movies when I'm older.

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2012, 11:19 pm »
My friend is also probably casting me for his movie he's filming next summer.  :D

I get to me the splode :D

I've always pictured myself as that character.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2012, 11:39 pm »
bump
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2012, 12:04 am »
bump
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2012, 12:16 am »
Bump for youngcali
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline mrezman

• Heavy Cruiser
  • (╯ಠ益ಠ)╯彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2012, 12:20 am »
Mmm, seems good, but very stereotypical. It's just like 57 other zombie movies out there.

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2012, 12:23 am »
Eh, in ways it is, but in ways it's not.  I haven't seen one with people not knowing that they are part of a movie or reality tv show (I don't know which I'm doing yet) with zombies.  There are some sterotypes that are meant to add to the cheese factor.  The director said he likes that type of humor.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2012, 12:26 am »
I think it needs more substance. It's a good start, but in order for your audience (in this case, the guy that wants you to write the script) to really feel like they are in the setting with everything you have described. You have to make sure there are little to no holes in the picture you are trying to represent. When I read what you have so far, I can't help but feel there are holes in it, especially regarding the scenery. Just keep this in mind when you are writing. Perhaps drawing the scene prior to writing would help you visualize and interpret it to the person you are writing for.
It's good to be Young.

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2012, 12:31 am »
Posted By: YoungcalimanI think it needs more substance. It's a good start, but in order for your audience (in this case, the guy that wants you to write the script) to really feel like they are in the setting with everything you have described. You have to make sure there are little to no holes in the picture you are trying to represent. When I read what you have so far, I can't help but feel there are holes in it, especially regarding the scenery. Just keep this in mind when you are writing. Perhaps drawing the scene prior to writing would help you visualize and interpret it to the person you are writing for.
I'm thinking that, due to the fact that I don't think I have a whole lot of time to get the sample done, I'm going to type up a separate thing for him describing the scenery, and then if I get picked work it into the actual cinematics.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2012, 12:50 am »
OH AND THE GUY IS FROM AUSTRALIA
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2012, 12:51 am »
Posted By: myownself
Posted By: YoungcalimanI think it needs more substance. It's a good start, but in order for your audience (in this case, the guy that wants you to write the script) to really feel like they are in the setting with everything you have described. You have to make sure there are little to no holes in the picture you are trying to represent. When I read what you have so far, I can't help but feel there are holes in it, especially regarding the scenery. Just keep this in mind when you are writing. Perhaps drawing the scene prior to writing would help you visualize and interpret it to the person you are writing for.
I'm thinking that, due to the fact that I don't think I have a whole lot of time to get the sample done, I'm going to type up a separate thing for him describing the scenery, and then if I get picked work it into the actual cinematics.

Alright that makes sense, but if you really wanna have the best chance to get picked, you gotta throw as much as you can at him. Gotta send that "wow" factor.
It's good to be Young.

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2012, 12:55 am »
Posted By: Youngcaliman
Posted By: YoungcalimanI think it needs more substance. It's a goodstart, but in order for your audience (in this case, the guy that wants you to write the script) to really feel like they are in the setting with everything you have described. You have to make sure there are little to no holes in the picture you are trying to represent. When I read what you have so far, I can't help but feel there are holes in it, especially regarding the scenery. Just keep this in mind when you are writing. Perhaps drawing the scene prior to writing would help you visualize and interpret it to the person you are writing for.

Alright that makes sense, but if you really wanna have the best chance to get picked, you gotta throw as much as you can at him. Gotta send that "wow" factor.
 Yeah, and I have a friend helping who is willing to do it for just a small cut, and he has more experience than me.  The thing about this zombie movie is that unlike resident evil or such, the scenery isn't the MOST important part.  This is gonna end up being more of a comedy.  It's gonna be like shawn of the dead but with humor more like Scary Movie.  The setting is also after the apocalypse so it's not just surviving huge hordes.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2012, 12:57 am »
Posted By: YoungcalimanI think it needs more substance. It's a goodstart, but in order for your audience (in this case, the guy that wants you to write the script) to really feel like they are in the setting with everything you have described. You have to make sure there are little to no holes in the picture you are trying to represent. When I read what you have so far, I can't help but feel there are holes in it, especially regarding the scenery. Just keep this in mind when you are writing. Perhaps drawing the scene prior to writing would help you visualize and interpret it to the person you are writing for.

Yeah, and I have a friend helping who is willing to do it for just a small cut, and he has more experience than me.  The thing about this zombie movie is that unlike resident evil or such, the scenery isn't the MOST important part.  This is gonna end up being more of a comedy.  It's gonna be like shawn of the dead but with humor more like Scary Movie.  The setting is also after the apocalypse so it's not just surviving huge hordes.

Sounds interesting. I wish you luck on it.
It's good to be Young.

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2012, 12:59 am »

Thanks.  I may be asking for some tips here and there from you. ;)
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2012, 01:02 am »

Thanks.  I may be asking for some tips here and there from you. ;)

Haha alright I'll do my best to help if the opportunity presents itself.
It's good to be Young.

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2012, 01:06 am »
Alright, and you may want to bookmark this thread.  I will be updating it every so often with my sample.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2012, 01:36 am »
BUMP
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2012, 01:54 am »
bump
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline wweandmetalmusic

• World Wrestling Federation
  • Centipede
  • <^>CoNtEgO bRoThErHoOd<^>
    • View Profile
    • HPWF
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2012, 01:55 am »
Ya'know any good video Animators? For animated videos.

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2012, 01:56 am »
Posted By: tfandmetalmusicYa'know any good video Animators? For animated videos.

Please stay on topic or gtfo.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline wweandmetalmusic

• Centipede
    • View Profile
    • HPWF
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2012, 02:01 am »
Posted By: tfandmetalmusicYa'know any good video Animators? For animated videos.

You should be happy and not get angry like that. My parents don't have any jobs, they can barely pay for food and for the home and clothes. And people always get angry at me for asking a question about something and being curious, I always get bullied and picked on and I had bad thoughts and memories. And sometimes I get so sad and angry I wish I was in heaven.

Offline wweandmetalmusic

• Centipede
    • View Profile
    • HPWF
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2012, 02:03 am »

Is it so wrong to ask a question? What is wrong with people these days.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 02:03 am by tfandmetalmusic »

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2012, 02:03 am »
Posted By: tfandmetalmusic

You should be happy and not get angry like that. My parents don't have any jobs, they can barely pay for food and for the home and clothes. And people always get angry at me for asking a question about something and being curious, I always get bullied and picked on and I had bad thoughts and memories. And sometimes I get so sad and angry I wish I was in heaven.
Dude, all I said was stay on topic or leave this thread.  How would you like it if you clicked one of your discussions expecting feedback from a person but instead got asked an off topic question?  It's a general rule of thumb to stay on topic in threads.
Aspiring Filmmaker...