Author Topic: [News] The Sploder Informer  (Read 8491 times)

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
[News] The Sploder Informer
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2012, 02:36 pm »
Inappropriate Graphics

Article Created by: Liamnight

Idea given by: heat6andking

This is a reminder that everything in the forums or the mainsitemustfollow theToS(Terms Of Service). All graphics shown in the forums or made in the mainsite must not be inappropriate. Any inappropriate graphics will be deleted by Lt+ and you will have potential into going to PoW. Graphics cannot include any por'nographic, libelous, slanderous, hateful, profane, threatening, or vulgar material. This means that the graphics must be G-rated and will be classified as appropriate to a 1st grader.

If any inappropriate graphics are shown on Sploder, report it to a Lt+ immediately.

To summarize this up, inappropriate graphics are not allowed and will never be allowed to be shown.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:40 pm by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2012, 02:37 pm »
The New Game Creator for Sploder

Idea given by: rooo0

Not much is given out of this new creator, but I've gathered all the info so far.

It will be similar to the Platformer creator, and it will be for the iOS. What does iOS mean? It means it will be able to go on Apple products or smartphones. Apple products include the iPhone, iPod, and the iPad. You can also use it in the computer as well. Most likely it will cost 1$ in US money.

The creator was announced and shown on new years, at tinychat. Geoff went on camera and showed the online users the creator. Hopefully, a user who has been there at the moment took a screenshot of it.

-Credit where credit is due-

Jackjoshseb
10000truths
superluigi77
myownself
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2012, 04:33 pm »
A Travel Back In Time!

Idea given by and Info collected by: kylepeanut12

Sploder has been on the internet for more than a half of a decade (5 years), and it has advanced over the years and it's hard to believe how different (or same) Sploder was when it was first created. kylepeanut12 has PM'd some users that were here in Sploder somewhat around the beginning. Let's see what they have said about the beginning of Sploder (near '08, '07).

FlipWell, in 08 Sploder, there was no avatars, no friend system, hardly any rules, only the Ship Shooter Creator existed. on the forums people could upload their own avatar images, and anybody could sink. We would do all sorts of stuff, raiding other forums, talk about new game concepts, show each other cool websites or talk about life. Bullying was quite a problem back then ,though. My favorite memory is when I made my game Kingdom of Sand(on my old account Jake101x) and obeliskos rated it 10/10

ThebestmanWell, as far I remember, Tookewl and few others people were there. It's almost the same as now- members spamming and insulting other users. I was actually given the privileges to either close or sink a thread. But I lost mine back in November.

TheimageIt was really the same, except there were more older members present. Many of them have left or have gone inactive since then. My favorite memory was probably Samus64. He was going to call the cops on Jason or something like that.

Wxg58Everything seemed to have a better sense of community, there were not many members so everyone knew each other, this went for both the mainsite and the forums. There were no ranks and not many rules, it was basically make games, share them and have fun. The mainsite was dominated by about 5 people. Me, Maxliam, Raiden, Teb and skorm. Favourite memory would be on the forums where maxliam and westknight3 were having a website fight.

Quick Supplement by Liamnight:

If you are intersted into seeing what Sploder looked like before today, check out the links below. All these links uses an internet archive.

(Date: Jan. 8th 2007)...Sploder MS
(Date: Aug. 9th 2008)...Sploder MS
(Date: March. 5th 2009)...Classic Shooter

(Date: Aug. 21st 2008)...Forums
(Date: Mar. 24th 2010)...Forums
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2012, 01:04 am »
Sploder Game Collections!

Created by: JackJoshSeb

What Are Game Collections

The Game Collections have it's very own page on Sploder, but Geoff never got around to adding a link on the Mainsite for it, so naturally, half of you most likely won't know about them.

Game collections allow you to make a collection, in that collection, you choose games to out in the collection. If a member sees your collection of games, they will click on it, maybe even comment on your collection, then play the games.

Your Collection(s) can have any games, and contain anything, for example: Your favourite games on Sploder, the hardest games on Sploder, the funnest games on Sploder, maybe your best games on Sploder, your contest winning games, or even your featured games! Maybe your reviewed games,  your most viewed, anything you like. The options are endless.

They're also a whole lot of fun to make, manage, and even browse other people's!

How Do I Make A Collection?

It's simple really, just go here: Make a Collection!.

Once you've opened that up, it should say "Create a Collection". First you make a name for your collection, pretty simple really. Yep, just like a group. Then make a description, again, just like a group, very simple.

Then below it, type in the game you want, if you KNOW what member made the game, type that member in the bar below that. Then go above and search, that will restrict the name of the games you search to only by that particular member. If you want to search games made by yourself, in the bottom bar type in YOUR name, nd finally, if you want to search the whole of Sploder for the game, leave the bottom bar, blank.

You can also change the order of the games, when they appear. By looking to the right there are 3 options, up, down, and remove. If you want to change the order, click up for the game of your choice to go up, and down for the game to go down. Simple as that, this way, you can make your game look and behave exactly the way you like!

How Do I Browse Other People's Collections?

To look at other member's collections, go here: Browse Member's Collections!

I think it's pretty simple from there, scroll through the pages, and most importantly, have fun!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:06 am by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2012, 03:01 am »
Check out Sploder's Latest Stuff

Do you know where our site's Facebook page and Twitter page is?

Most of the page contans the features but sometimes info is given in that page.

Sploder's Facebook Page

Sploder's Twitter Page

----

Other:

Geoff's Official Youtube Channel
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 02:39 pm »
A New iPad Game

I thought I should share this with you all, and you all might be interested. Geoff, the creator of Sploder seems like he is making an iPad game from a recent twitter post.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 02:42 pm by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 02:40 pm »
Congratulations To Our Newest Soldiers!

Congratulations to our newest 3 soldiers!

Bobbler
Spidapig
Splatter
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 02:16 am by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2012, 02:31 am »
DO NOT USE ALTS!!!

Article Created by: Superluigi77

Do. Not. Use. Alternative. Accounts. On. The. Forum. (Unless, of course, you have permission from a Moderator.) If you are caught using an alt you will be sent to Prisoner of War Camp. You have absolutely no reason to be using an alternative account here so this shouldn't be a tough rule to follow but apparently it is. Just know that if you do use an alt you will be caught. There are those Lieutenants who can spot an alt a mile away. Some can even sometimes spot an alt just by its name.

You have been warned. (For the ten thousandth time, no less!)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 03:14 pm by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2012, 11:33 am »
Hi I'm New!

Created by: Boredgame

Idea Given by: Faisal908

New members can come at any time here on the forums, and honestly, they are newbs.

Considering they are new, most likely they wouldn't really know their way around here. But is it really right to facepalm at their mistakes, or flame at them because they misunderstood? I wouldn't think so. Everyone's gone through this stage at least once. We all have at least an idea on how it feels like to be somewhere you're unfamiliar with. So instead of messing around or getting mad/annoyed at those who are probably clueless on how things work around here, be patient with them and maybe even show them the ropes. Let them understand how this little forum works, and what you should and shouldn't do here. Show them that they are welcome here and introduce them to our Sploder family. I know I'd want that if I were them.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 03:30 pm by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2012, 03:29 pm »
A Warning to all Reviewer Applicants, and Reviewers

Created by: SwallowTheSun

Yes, Sonicdude102 is going to be demoted from reviewer status. I will be honest, we've been discussing his badge removal for a little while in the Barracks, and this final review was the final push to make us do it. The review was flat out... not good. I admit, it's normal for reviewers to put out an occasional bad review, but this wasn't exactly his occasional bad review, and we found it to be unacceptable.

Even if you GET accepted, don't think you can write what you did as an applicant and get away with it. We take a reviewer's job very seriously, as this is an important job. There is a reason us recruiters have a tendency to be hard on you guys, and it's not because we enjoy denying people, but because we only want the best reviews on the main site.

If you write a bad reviews, you are going to be denied, and once you are accepted, you need to keep writing good reviews.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2012, 03:08 am »
Congrats To Our Newest Soldier!

Created by: Liamnight

(Belated) Congratulations to:

Casper11!
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2012, 01:09 am »
Issues in the Reviewer Lane

Created by: Mrdragon

Recently the reviewer lane has been filled with people yelling 'quality over quantity' or giving advice about a review when they are not a reviewer themselves. That is not the aim of the reviewer lane. First off, 'quality over quantity' does not mean you can write a review less than a paragraph long and expect it to be accepted. Reviews do require a good length to them to even achieve good quality. They require thought and time to make. You cannot just expect a poorly written review that barely says anything about the game to even pass. This also applies to reviewing your own games. Another difficulty the reviewer lane has been dealing with is the issue of non-reviewers. If you are not a reviewer, then do not give advice. This has become a huge problem and applicants have started responding to this 'advice'. How can you have any advice to give if you never passed an application? That's why reviewers are the only ones who should give advice in these circumstances.

The reason for the original word limit was to make the reviews longer, with more effort put into them. That was removed due to people just filling in the blanks to achieve the word limit. since that is not what was wanted in the first place. The 'quality over quantity' system then took its place. Ever since the 'quality over quantity' method has been installed however, people seem to believe that horrible reviews will be accepted. This is not the case. Remember, the standards have been greatly raised for becoming a reviewer. Remember that next time you write an application. Lastly, DO NOT INCLUDE THE WORD COUNT. THIS DOES NOT MATTER. If you cannot even listen to those rules given, then what is the chance of you being accepted for your review?

For further information about reviews and applications, visit Myownself's All Around Reviewing Guide in the Reviewer Lane.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2012, 10:48 pm »
EGD Staff

Created by: Superluigi77 with a hand from Whtever

This is the EGD Staff in case you have questions about the competition. Feel free to ask anyone of them.

Host: Whtever (I sincerely hope you know this by now.)
Head of Hyping: Superluigi77 (Please note that I may not be prompt in answering your questions. I've gotten into the habit of procrastinating with my PMs and now I'm being punished with having to respond to 30 lol)
Co-Head of Hyping: Netshark
Head of Editors: Moolatycoon
Reviewers: LcraniumL and Spinachie (may add more to this)
Judges: There are 7 of them, but their identities are to remain classified until EGD is over, to avoid bias.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2012, 11:29 pm »
Oh, and the concept artists are Shadowlordsean and Npc10000. Talk to them for all your concept art needs.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2012, 11:27 pm »
P.L.U.R.

Created by Lumberjay

Recently, there have been some altercations between members of the forum (whose identities will remain confidential). When we allow such conflicts to rise, they can make forum life far too hectic for all members. Since we are all human beings (Thrash notwithstanding), we should follow a simple guideline that will help us get along: PLUR, or Peace, Love, Unity, and Respect.

Peace: Don't try to make matters worse than they already are. If you see a situation where a flame war may develop, try not to instigate the members or feed into the argument. Feel free to tell soldiers+ about the issue, and we will help to the best of our abilities. We like forum life to be as laid back and as fun as possible, since this is after all, a game maker's forum.

Love: Show compassion to all members of the forum, no matter how bad things get. Whether someone is amoral and rude, DON'T FEED INTO IT. Be kind and caring to everyone, regardless of age, beliefs, etc. Show love to all members and expect to be treated the same way. :D

Unity: We're all in this together. You will most likely be dealing with everyone here for a very long time. Let's all be friends and not let petty arguments get in the way of those friendships.

Respect: Everyone deserves some amount of respect, whether they are rude, inconsiderate, and just downright nasty. Even if they don't show you respect, be the bigger person and prove that you are better than them by being mature about the situation.

I hope you guys continue to follow PLUR in the future, and be the awesome members I know ya'll are. ;)
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2012, 11:32 pm »
The 7 Sins

Created by: Whtever

On June 5th, 2010, I started a tinychat and invited several members to join. In this tinychat we ranted about how strict everything had gotten since '09. That was the chat's only purpose. I wanted to talk with my dawgs from the old days. But, one thing led to another, and we started planning a takeover of the forum.

Cheepshot insisted we come up with a name, and since there were 7 of us in the Tinychat that I counted, I called us the 7 Sins. I actually didn't keep track of the number of members that well and people kept changing their names, which ultimately bit me in the butt. But anyway, the original members of this group were:

Splatter
Bobbler
Neal
Darut1234
Tookewl
Cheepshot
And myself

Now this was name I gave to that group of people. It actually does not accurately cover who ended up being involved. GameRaterz came into the chat the next day; I believe Darut recruited him. Darut also recruited Spellmage who was actually a spy for Grant. Grant was in the chat the previous night just listening to our plan, so he knew most of it.

The plan was to rally to get GameRaterz promoted, and then one night he would promote Darut and then they would POW Thrash and Grant, and reorganize the rules and ranks. In the back of our minds, we were all smart enough to know that this would never work. But were having so much fun that we pushed on. Anyway, the mods had already caught wind of this and were very on edge.

Tookewl decided to post a taunt thread...something like the title being "30 Minutes" and the first post being "For the ones who know". This thread didn't mean anything, but since Grant had only seen the first conversation and not the second, he assumed we were acting right away and POW'd everyone listed above and GRZ and Spell. Spell admitted to being a snitch upon arrival and then promoted to Major. GameRaterz, bless his heart for he only did it on a whim, started posting inappropriate content everywhere, including getting on alts and posting it in General. Now this caused Grant to put the forum on Lockdown, making so that Privates could not post or start threads. Unfortunately, he didn't actually delete the inappropriate content until the next day. GRZ was IP banned by Geoff.

In POW the rest of us stayed for a month, even though, as I've tried to explain many times, Neal and Splatter actually did not contribute much to the planning at all. They really deserved to keep their ranks in my opinion. There were hackings in POW, which Spell got involved in and promptly lost his Major rank and went to POW with us. This prolonged everyone's stay except for Neal, Splatter, Tookewl, and myself who were not involved and don't know much.

After that, we all had a promotion ban. No Soldier for 2 months, no Major + for one year. I was lucky to be promoted to Major after that one year passed, but no one else has made it past Soldier again. It's not something I'm proud of nor do I want to look back on. I, personally, just got really carried away with stupid fun. Again, we all probably knew it would not work, although Tookewl really wanted to the chance to take over and ban Jason, who Grant had let back.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2012, 11:34 pm »
Çöñgrãts Tø Òür Ñewéšt Šöldïër

Congratulations to:

Jcaldwell!
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Mechanism G

• I make Mrezman feel depressed.
  • Disruptor
  • A of ♠™
    • View Profile
    • Uh...
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2012, 04:00 pm »
What counts as bypassing?

Created by: Casper11

Help by: Mrdragon and Liamnight

Suggested by: Heat6andking

Bypassing has always been an issue here, but there are many people who bypass without knowing that their comment will be classed as a bypass. A certain emoticon, which portrays a person making an obscene gesture, is classed as a bypass, as sign language is still a language. Any emoticons that are used in an unsatisfactory manner, such as obscene gestures will not be tolerated. This goes the same for pictures and phrases hinting towards swear words. Discussions containing bypassing, including the emoticons, will be sunk immediately, until said bypasses are removed. We will provide a reason each time, also. This also includes the use of obscenities in languages other than English. It would appear that even the worst swears are not censored when written in languages such as French, Spanish, etc.. We will not tolerate bypassing of any kind, and, now you are clear on what we class as a bypass, there will be no excuse.
<a href="http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d002y937&amp;cs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d002y937&amp;cs=1</a><a href="http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d003ep3q&amp;cs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d003ep3q&amp;cs=1</a>
<a href="http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d0039ome&amp;cs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d0039ome&amp;cs=1</a>

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2012, 04:40 pm »
To add onto this^ using a certain emoticon to portray a certain male body part is, well, not really classed as bypassing but it is still against the rules and is subject to the guidelines set forth in the above comment. If you use this emoticon it will probably just be deleted, though, rather than sinking the thread.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Mechanism G

• Disruptor
  • A of ♠™
    • View Profile
    • Uh...
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2012, 12:53 pm »
Land ho! Promotion Island!

Apparently another user was promoted to Soldier.

Congratulations to dpnuozeb!

---------

And a (belated) congratulations to another promotion!

ho7Yu7gi!
<a href="http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d002y937&amp;cs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d002y937&amp;cs=1</a><a href="http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d003ep3q&amp;cs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d003ep3q&amp;cs=1</a>
<a href="http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d0039ome&amp;cs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.sploder.com/game.swf?s=d0039ome&amp;cs=1</a>

Offline Mechanism G

• Disruptor
  • A of ♠™
    • View Profile
    • Uh...
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2012, 12:58 pm »
Land ho! Promotion Island!

Apparently another user was promoted to Soldier.

Congratulations to Budzopen!

---------

And a (belated) congratulations to another promotion!

Yugioh77!

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2012, 02:05 am »
Soldiers no longer have the sinking ability

Created by: superluigi77

Due to recent events with one or more soldiers misusing their powers the Generals have decided to once and for all revoke the soldier's ability to sink threads. On behalf of all the members of the Lieutenant League I sincerely apologize for the rude and vulgar things posted earlier today and the trouble that was caused. We will continue to do our very best to prevent such atrocities from happening in the future.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Mechanism G

• Disruptor
  • A of ♠™
    • View Profile
    • Uh...
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2012, 05:31 pm »
Promotion, Re-Promotions, Polls, and More!

Leniency and Polls

Geoff had a big discussion about the forum's leniency and ended up having an interest in addinga few addons, such as the community management addon. Though, with many agreeing and disagreeing, the Polls addon ended up getting uploaded to the forums. The Polls addon is a simple addon that gives the ability to make polls. While a few users were hoping for the ability to be available to everyone, Geoff ended up making it so that only CiCs and Generals can do the ability. Keep in mind that it's likely this won't be permanant. Furthermore, the addon comes with a few settings. If you go to the 'forum preferences' at your profile, you have a choice of either turning off the notifications from the polls or making the most active poll available in the panel.

New Rules

After the sinking incident, the Generals decided to re-arange the rules. The new rules can be found in this thread which can be found in the Basic Training category. The new rules are still a bit similar than the old rules but yet different. Keep in mind that even though the rules has changed, you still have to follow it.

Geoff's Concern of Changing The Forum's Program

It seems that Geoff had a concern of changing from vanilla to another program for quite a while. He is thinking of changing the program to either Xferno or Simple Machines.

Promotions and Re-Promotions

Paccreator on Soldier.

7Grant2 on General. (Re-promoted)

Mrdragon on Lieutenant. (Belated)

Netshark on Soldier.

Metallica48 on Soldier.

Bobbler on Soldier. (Re-promoted)

Offline Mad Z

• Another Title
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2012, 01:11 pm »
A Wrap Up of The EGD!

Created by: liamnight

Suggested by: whtever

After days of suspence and excitement, all the results were finally in. Let's wrap up this year's EGD results, or EGD 6 as others might call it. We have winners from sections divided by the game creator (Shooter, 3D, PPG, Robot, Plat) and winners from overall.

EGD Winner

The winner of this EGD isLonely RoadsbySpellmage

This game has won 20 votes by the judges in overall and won 1st place in the platformer section as well.

What Spellmage says about winning the EGD:

You know, I honestly wasn't expecting it. I kinda expected Oceans to get the spot, so when I saw how voting went, I was pretty humbled. Especially since some people have really ridiculed the game. I would say that winning the EGD with my first plat is a pretty big accomplishment and I am really proud of my game, no matter what other people say.

Written by Mat7772

Lonely Roads is a stunning RPG Platformer, and there's no denying it. The gameplay is long and magnificent, taking over an hour to complete, and even more, if you would like to do sidequests. Each level was designed very carefully, and spell really put lots of thought into each level, and even each block. The storyline was magnificent and became better throughout the game. I could barely, and probably go as far as saying I saw no flaws in this game. Lonely Roads is a game of complete perfection and epicsauce, and Spell has raised the bar for RPG Plats dramatically, and I certainly hope to see more RPG Plats from Spellmage in the future. Well done on a fantastic game that the whole of Sploder will never forget, Spell.

This game has gotten into the EGD as well. Description:

Written By: Moolatycoon

Lonely Roads is truly a game of epic proportions. Not only is it long, hard, and creative, it is also the first real multi leveled RPG to ever be inducted into the EGL. It could also be one if not the longest game ever created on sploder, taking at least 2 hours to complete all that the game has to offer. Spell has created a brilliant work of art, not to mention the sheer amount of effort put into this game. This game definitely deserves it spot amongst the other greatest games. The ideas Spell was able to create were beyond many others, making one of the best RPG's on this site, not to mention that this is Spell's first platformer making it even more impressive that he has dome this far in one try. This game very well takes it spot on the shelves of the Epic Game Library.

Offline Mad Z

• Another Title
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2012, 01:12 pm »

EGD Follow-Up And 3rd Place

Other than giving a congratulations to Spellmage, we must also congratulate the follow-up and 3rd place winners.

Follow-up winner:

The 2nd place winner isQuestZonebyMoolatycoon. Congratulations!

Quest zone is a platformer game who has won 3rd place in the platformer section also.

What Moolatycoon says about winning 2nd place:

I didn't really expect this compared to the other games that were supposed to be made, but I was extremely happy when I found that these so called monsters crumbled. I think Spell did a really nice job, and it was really close considering he beat me by 1 point. So I was pretty proud of myself, but I'll do better next year =P

This game has gotten into the EGD as well. Description:

Written By: Youngcaliman

Quest Zone is the first multi-level'd puzzle platformer ever to be inducted into the Epic Game Library, and it's obvious to see that this game would stand out in a crowd. Credit must be given to Stanleykitten for creating the scenery in this game, and with good reason. The visually appealing maps that were designed by Stanley allows the puzzles to shine even brighter, as it is perhaps some of the best scenery ever used in a platformer. Moolatycoon created the rest of the game, including the marvelous variety of puzzles. Each level is a different theme, and each theme utilizes different puzzles that match the theme beautifully. Much thought was put into each level in every aspect of the game. With the combination of StanleyKitten's stunning scenery and Moolatycoon's enticing array of puzzles, Quest Zone has rightfully earned a space within the Epic Game Library shelves.

3rd place winner:

The 3rd place winner isInvasion..Fall of the Humans..bySuperpiggy.

This game was also won in 2nd place for platformer finalists.

Offline Mad Z

• Another Title
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2012, 01:16 pm »

4th and 5th Overall Winners

A War StorybyParadonwinning 4th place being a terrific Algorithm Crew game.

OceansbySwallowTheSunwinning 5th place being a great platformer game.

Platformer Winners

Platformer Group 1:

1st Place:Quest Zone - 18 votes
2nd Place:Bioshock - 13 votes
3rd Place:Question - 8 votes
4th Place: King of Hearts - 3 votes

Platformer Group 2:

1st Place:Oceans - 15 votes
2nd Place:Atlantis - 13 votes
3rd Place:Crimson - 6 votes
4th Place: Level Up Glitch - 2 votes

Platformer Group 3:

1st Place:Lonely Roads - 15 votes
2nd Place:CyberGangstar 2 - 10 votes
3rd Place:Invasion..Fall of the Humans - 8 votes
4th Place: RaveQuest3 - 6 votes
5th Place: InfinityRim - 2 votes

Platformer Voting (among finalists):

1st Place:Lonely Roads - 14 votes
2nd Place:Invasion..Fall of the Humans - 20 votes
3rd Place:Quest Zone - 6 votes
4th Place:Oceans - 5 votes
5th Place: CyberGangstar 2 - 3 votes
6th Place: Atlantis - 2 votes
7th Place: Bioshock - 1 vote

Ship Shooter and PPG Winners

Ship Shooter Winners:

1st Place:Crystal Cave - 13 votes
2nd Place:Locked Out - 13 votes
3rd Place:(','..',') - 11 votes
4th Place: Hang Castle III - 5 votes

PPG Winners:

1st Place:Gunman 6 Ebony Awaits - 17 votes
2nd Place:Yin Yang 2 - 11 votes
3rd Place:Necrocortex - 6 votes
4th Place: Jungle Joe - 2 votes

Robot and 3D Winners

Robot Winners:

1st Place:Wake - 15 votes
2nd Place:Landscape II - 13 votes

3D Winners:

1st Place:A War Story - 20 votes
2nd Place:One the Horizon - 12 votes
3rd Place:Glee - 6 votes

Other Overall Winners

(1-5th winners is up at the beginning of article)

6th Place:Locked Out - 9 votes
7th Place:Wake - 6 votes
8th Place:Atlantis - 6 votes
9th Place: (','..',')
10th Place: Crystal Cave
11th Place: Gunman 6 Ebony Awaits

Best of The Rest: Ravequest 3 by Elroysice

See You Next Year!

Offline Mad Z

• Another Title
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2012, 01:18 pm »
A New Feature Added Into The Forums

A few days ago, a new feature was added onto the forums. The feature gives out the ability to warn users and it uses a similar pattern as if you received an award. The ability is given to users who are lt or higher, including War Veterans. The user who created the addon is Liamnight who started the voting for the addon months ago. Furthermore, if you receive a warning you can make it viewable by public by going into your preferences in your profile. I do not recommend that setting though, but it will be useful sometimes.

In case you didn't know, warnings will not be used for spam. You should not ask a lt+ for a warning for fun as well. If you do receive a warning, you should follow it or disciplinary actions may occur.

Offline Mad Z

• Another Title
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2012, 01:21 pm »
A New Soldier

Congratulations to sailormoon16!

Offline liamnight

• Electropede
  • Have a question? PM me!
    • View Profile
Re: [News] The Sploder Informer
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2012, 12:40 am »
Congratulations to our New Soldiers!

Congratulations to Hivetyrantofawesome!

(Belated) Congratulations to Okkeny!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 01:59 pm by liamnight »

Accomplishments:
  - Set up the Informer
  - Set up a Gameshow (Trials)
  - Create and upload an addon at the previous forums (warnings)

Promotions:

Sr: December 2011
  Lt: August 20th 2012
  Gn: Feb 16th 2013

Offline liamnight

• Electropede
  • Have a question? PM me!
    • View Profile
Re: [News] The Sploder Informer
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2012, 11:31 pm »
Signatures

Created By: Liamnight
Idea Brought By: Theimage

Signatures are a feature this new forums include. Signatures can be your slogan, a quick joke you give or it could be silly. Though sometimes it could get repetitive and old, and you just want them out of your sight. That's possible, by clicking a few options. Go to "Modify Profile-->Look and Layout" to turn them off.

I am also going to tell you that you should not put your signature as a very large photo. It can get quite annoying, and users are not going to appreciate it. Even though this is a bit obvious that you shouldn't do this, some users still tend to give out large photos.  Additionally, inappropriate content in signatures will never be tolerated.

Accomplishments:
  - Set up the Informer
  - Set up a Gameshow (Trials)
  - Create and upload an addon at the previous forums (warnings)

Promotions:

Sr: December 2011
  Lt: August 20th 2012
  Gn: Feb 16th 2013