Author Topic: [News] The Sploder Informer  (Read 7787 times)

Offline liamnight

• Electropede
  • Have a question? PM me!
    • View Profile
[News] The Sploder Informer
« on: April 21, 2012, 09:43 pm »
This is a thread will informative news will be held. Soldiers+ have a thread in their category where they put in their reports. The purpose of the thread is to answer frequently asked questions that is being asked numerously of a certian direct subject. Lt+ will post here the reports/news by copying and pasting from the other thread to here. Keep check from time to time.

Here are several examples. One example is the event of the annual prom, where users simply asked when it happened, what it is and different questions that relate to the subject. A reporter with full knowledge of the situation may post a news report about the prom with the information that answers the question. If a question about the Prom was also asked into the public, false information may be given by the user who is answering the question.

Another situation would be PoW-related issues. When a certian paticular member or user is sent to PoW, questions are being asked on what happened, why it happened and such. A news article would be given on the information full of answers. If you ask, we have Darut's sploder answers thread in the basic training category where one user asks and a Soldier+ answers. The differene between the news thread and darut's thread is that the thread of sploder Q&A benefit one user at a time. The news thread would be made public and provide information to not just one singular user, but many users. It is also shown in Darut's thread that users who asked a question never looks back at previous pages to see if another user asked the same exact question.

Have an idea for this? Post it in the Ideas category with a [news] tag at the beginning at the title so I can come in and see it!

Was the article you read helpful to you? If so, thank it to show that it was helpful!

If this thread gets inactive (i.e no article for a few weeks) it will be put into the RPFGs category until it is active again.

~~Links~~

Official Article Suggestion Thread
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 06:45 am by liamnight »

Accomplishments:
  - Set up the Informer
  - Set up a Gameshow (Trials)
  - Create and upload an addon at the previous forums (warnings)

Promotions:

Sr: December 2011
  Lt: August 20th 2012
  Gn: Feb 16th 2013

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 10:58 pm »
Come to think of it, this will hardly been seen here. You might as well move this to general. You can do that from the link I sent you. I will delete my posts once you see this.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 12:45 am »
News, news, news

Created by: Liamnight

What is this thread? What is this? This is an article for the thread! The thread will be full of articles that would be helpful for the forums. Examples written in the first post! Sadly, the permission for writing reports are for Soldiers+ at the current moment. If you didn't know, these articles would be mostly on frequently asked questions! So if you have a question you are going to ask, check here first to see if your answer is in here! Hope this news/report will be helpful in a successful, positive way!
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 12:54 am »
Epic Game Drop

Created by: Superluigi77

Yes, it's that time of year again, time for the Epic Game Drop. What is the Epic Game Drop, you ask? Good question! Without going into the specifics, Epic Game Drop is Sploder's biggest contest of the year, with the winning game possibly going into the hallowed ground that is the Epic Game Library. If you are interested in this then it is time for you to start making your best game yet because the competition is going to be beyond fierce with entries from such game-making artisans as ravicale, swallowthesun, Youngcaliman and many, many more. I may even have something up my sleeve this time around. This year if you want any chance of winning you're going to have to be perfect.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 12:55 am by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 01:17 am »
Epic Game Drop Continued...

Created by: Myownself

Many people wonder what the EGD is.  Well, first off, don't mistake it with the Epic Game Library (EGL) although it does play a part.  The EGD is actually a contest that is usually around June where people release there game at the same time.  Prior to this each person that signs up gets a fused thread for a certain amount of time in general.  These hype threads should not be your everyday ones.  They need to be eye popping so that they get people's attention.

You may ask,  "What's so special about this contest?  What makes it so great?  What are the prizes?"  Well, first of all,  the winning game in each genre does not automatically get into the EGL despite popular belief.  Any game over 80% does get a feature, and any thing over 95% gets a CHANCE to get into the EGL.  This is a great contest and everybody should participate in it.  Even if you don't do the best, it's a great learning experience.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 05:03 am »
The Mystery Continues

Suspence rises while many questions on the 'shadow avatar'. A special method might have been done to make this shadow avatar, starting along with Superluigi77 and 10000truths. Now, Raviclesalt and Okkeny has figured out how making the method look easy. Just one problem stands: If you ask how, most likely you will not find out. The method has not been released to public so you need to figure it by yourself. What is the method? Texture? Glitch? It's up to you to find out.

Quick addendum by superluigi77
If you do find out how to do it you are obliged to not reveal the secret. After all, if everybody knows how to do it then it loses all of its value. Also, by figuring it out you risk 10000truths coming to your house and bludgeoning your head with a baseball bat until you lose all knowledge of the glitch. Any other knowledge lost in the process is just collateral damage. He's already en route to the homes of ravicale and okkeny, in case you are wondering. Now that you've been warned you can undertake this challenge at your own risk.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 12:47 pm by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 12:47 pm »
Just to add to the avatar thing: Can we just stop talking about it? I'm tired of seeing everyone arguing about it. It's just an avatar...a fake identity for a website. Yet, people are flaming each other because of it, and much disrespect is resulting from this whole shadow avatar thing.
It's good to be Young.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 05:01 pm »
All games Currently Hyped for EGD

.:Updated:.

Created by: Babybuster4ever

Current list:
Assassins of the Great
By Thewindlord

Handicapped Remix
By Vaporeon

Blockhead Chapter 1
By Chucky12

Dawn to Dusk
By Jackjoshseb

Unnamed
By Youngcaliman

Unnamed
By Enzo186

.:MASH:.
By Potatomash

Blind
By Lordeldar

By Babybuster4ever

Adventure Quest
By Aditya75

Oceans
By Swallowthesun

Grand Quest: The Darkest Hour
By Ravicale

Milagros
By Applepieofdooms

Undead Glory
By Sportsdude105

Unnamed
By Creatingames

Jagged
By Tedbear2

Unnamed
By 10000truths

Water City
By Rus3000

Staff
By Avatar1097

Super Charisma Bros
By Charismatic

Lonely Roads / Mirrors Edge
By Spellmage

Travelling Through Time
Mat7772

Unnamed
Brocky, Shadross, Myownself

Willpower
Twasthen

The Owl Is coming to kill EARTH
Alexmd, Toad01

Journey to the Center of the Earth
Wiktor2

Traitor
Mariokartfan

The Game
Dogfox300

Sploder City
Alexhw
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 02:39 pm by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 07:26 pm »
Identify Theft

It seems that some of you are concerned about Identity theft or any other other issues with posting a certain picture of you, revealing your age, or any other similar situations. Some users want to know what other users look like or show what they look like. Posting a message such as "you will get kidnapped!" etc. does show that you are concerned of the safety of yourself and others, but it was their choice to show it or not. If you show a picture of yourself, most likely you will not get kidnapped or get your identity stolen because there are many people in the world that looks like you. Though do not get me wrong, revealing your absolute location and location address will bring you in danger. Now users can also show their age, if a person wanted to kidnap a certain target, they will need more information than just their age. Saying something like "I’m 12" or "I’m 13" will not get you in danger.

Identity theft is most likely done by stolen identity cards (ID's) or anything else that shows physically who you are.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 01:47 am »
New Lieutenants

It's been about 4 months since last we promoted any soldiers. Since then the soldiers have all been working hard to prove their mettle and take that step up to be counted among the Sploder Elite. Through blood, (Typing until their fingers were worn raw) sweat, (From all that furious typing) and tears (From all the times their long comments were lost to the many glitches of this forum) three valiant soldiers distinguished themselves and received the call to the Lieutenant League. They are myownself, 1twenty1guns, and benisaewsome. You can look forward to them serving you well in the future as keep up the hard work that got them to where they are now. Treat them with the dignity and respect with which you would treat any other Lieutenant or General. Your fate is now in their hands. Now would be a good time for you to start groveling at their feet.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:48 am by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 03:02 am »
Stop, Think, and Post

STP, an acronym made bybutterball2standing for Stop, Think, and Post. You've seen it before, someone posts without thinking. This might not help immediately, but it will give a nudge saying you're harmful or anything related. Example? You can give a whisper saying "STP, stop thing and post". This would give the user a 'wake-up' and see if the member did anything wrong. Also, a quick notice. Don't go around saying "STP!!!!1!!" all over Sploder. The user might not know what it means, so instead of "STP!!!!1!", say "STP, stop think and post".
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 01:13 am »
New About Bypassing

It has come to our attention that users are using the phrase "da fuq" or "the fuq" a lot in general. This is still bypassing. If you continue to use this, you will end up in POW for a good chunk of time.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 11:29 am »
Posted By: liamnightUnnecessary Madness

Recently, many users has been arguring about copying someone else's news thread or something similar. There is no stated rule that "copying a thread" is not allowed. Actually, you aren't even copying, news has been around for forever. Here are some quotes of a message on this forums, though the username who said this willnotbe revealed.

A Message Used in Forums.... So sploderinformer is the first active one made in a while.  Therefore, this is a copy of it.  Please move to PMs. ....

A Message Used in Forums....  I'm simply stating the fact that you made a copy, that it's wrong, and should be moved ...

What I am trying to say is that making a news thread is not copying and it is not against the rules. It is not wrong, and it does not have to be deleted or moved to another category i.e the private message category. Do not critisize a thread for copying your 'idea' and do not insult the user who made the News/Informer thread.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 11:31 am »
Posted By: liamnightUnnecessary Madness

Recently, many users has been arguring about copying someone else's news thread or something similar. There is no stated rule that "copying a thread" is not allowed. Actually, you aren't even copying, news has been around for forever. Here are some quotes of a message on this forums, though the username who said this willnotbe revealed.

A Message Used in Forums.... So sploderinformer is the first active one made in a while.  Therefore, this is a copy of it.  Please move to PMs. ....

A Message Used in Forums....  I'm simply stating the fact that you made a copy, that it's wrong, and should be moved ...

What I am trying to say is that making a news thread is not copying and it is not against the rules. It is not wrong, and it does not have to be deleted or moved to another category i.e the private message category. Do not critisize a thread for copying your 'idea' and do not insult the user who made the News/Informer thread.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 10:55 pm »
Users of the Week

We will start a section called 'users of the week' by voting from Soldiers. The users of the week will come in 2 sections, the most productive member and the most creative member. Let's see what we have this week!

Most productive member

Superluigi77

Most creative member

Yugioh77

Congrats Superluigi77 and Yugioh77!
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 03:31 am »
What You Do When A Spammer Comes

When a spammer comes, first thing you do is to try not to make any threads about the spammer. This includes PoW request threads, Giblet request threads, and any other possible threads with a related subject. This would most likely encourage the spammer to spam more, ignore the spammer and don't reply to the spammer. Additionally, do not even reply to a spammer even if it is a big speech about how they are doing something wrong, since most likely they will ignore you and do their naughty things. When a user spams, 50% likely they will show inappropriate content so I am highly recommending you to leave the site and come back a few hours later. If you stay on to watch the 'spammer action', the user would possibly make a thread insulting about you or anything that insults you, your race, your country etc and you won't be happy about it.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 03:31 am »
Remember The Informer's Purpose

The informer is based mostly on news and informing. I might have been giving some events not related to news such as the users of the week that gives a quick encouragement to the most productive member and the most creative member each week but apparently users has forgot the full meaning of the informer. The informer is not meant for any commercial purposes or advertisement purposes. Some users has frequently PM'd me to advertise a certain game or thread and the informer is not meant for that. I will deny any requests to anything related to advertising, even if you are a friend or a very respected user. You will have to find an alternative way to advertise your game or thread and also remember the stated one thread advertising rule on this forums. Additionally, do not expect me to forget this. Therefore, your games and threads are not meant to be advertised in the informer.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 04:34 pm »
Glitches of this Forum

Vanilla forums are known for having numerous glitches and loopholes in their systems. We all know this by now. That being said, if you happen on to one this forum's glitches you should NOT attempt to test it. You should immediately report it to a Lieutenant or a General so we can take steps to fix it, if that is at all possible. If you are caught abusing a glitch you can expect a stay in P.O.W. Camp for it.

Furthermore, I believe at this point we all know that there is a glitch that allows users to post in closed threads as well as threads that they shouldn't even be able to see. Using this glitch is expressly forbidden unless permission is procured from a GENERAL or Commander-in-Chief. If there is a thread that you can not post in then there is probably a very good reason for that. We will not be lenient on people caught using this glitch. (Don't even try to figure it out for yourself. I couldn't even figure it out for myself. I needed somebody to explain it to me. It's just that complex.)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:35 pm by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 05:31 pm »
Most Underrated Game Makers Of Sploder

Created by: Spellmage

Here we are honoring the three greatest underrated game makers as voted upon by the soldiers. These game makers tend to be unnoticed, or their games just don't get as much attention as they would like, we are here to tell them, their games ARE great and that we hope they will continue making their amazing games.

Our number one most underrated game maker is Ravicle:
Written by Charismatic:

Ravicale

Ravicale is a very creative game maker. He can give you a long game with an in-depth story and many levels, or a simple little game that uses an interesting concept. He is the creator of the GrandQuest series, which is a platformer with a long story and many levels each with a different setting. Almost all of his games are interesting and fun, which is why he is featured on this list.

Our number two most underrated game maker is Crunchynut:
Written by JackJoshSeb:

Crunchynut

Crunchynut is a creative game maker on many parts, and has a lot of abilities. He favours the Shooter creator and excels in incorporating amazing art and symmetrical gameplay, making his games enjoyable for not only us Community Members, but also some of the younger Mainsite members that like games that lookneat. Crunchynut has earned himself 14 Featured games ranging from a lot of different genres, including RPGs (See; The Red Planet [RPG]), Puzzle and Traps (see Into Sandys City) and a load of addicting action games. Taking a look at Crunchynut's game list will do you good, and somehow he seems underrated among others.

Our number three must underrated game maker is Elroy:
Written by JackJoshSeb:

Elroysice

A creative game maker that flies under the radar, Elroysice keeps on keeping on. With that creativity, I believe Elroysice was the first member to have the idea of Badge Earning into his games, such as the RaveQuest games, RPG styled, detailed, and long games that we all enjoy. He's not as well known as some other members, however his game making is brilliant. He's earned himself 12 Featured games and I believe is currently working on some more. He keeps us updated and we'll be seeing some great games in the near future, from this underrated game maker.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 05:32 pm by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 05:36 pm »
Html Tags

I have seen posts where a user has forgot to put in the end tag. When you do not put an end tag of a specified code for Html, the posts below you will messup. That includes marquee tags, italics tags, and listing tags. I am reminding you all to double check your html to see if you put an end tag.

Html without an end tag:

< marquee > Moving Text < marquee >
or
< marquee > Moving Text

*This will make the posts below your comment move with the moving text.

Html with a tag:

< marquee > Moving Text < /marquee >;
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 05:36 pm by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 05:37 pm »
Helpful Youtube Videos In Making Games for the Classic Shooter Creator

Here are some links to youtube videos that might help you advance in making games in the Classic Shooter Creator.

Sploder Training Video 2- Advanced
Additional Information: Tutorial made by Checkthepan.
Nzad'amnz21's Guide To: How to make a Basic Shooter on Sploder
Additional Information: Tutorial made by Nzad'amnz21.
Sploder - How to Make Curves and How to use Them
Additional Information: Tutorial made by mrdragon
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 05:38 pm »
Privates... Soldiers Take A Quick Look Here

-Soldiers-

Soldiers, recently many users has been asking questions on me about if they can start a section in the informer. You do not have to ask me to start a section or start an article, since I don't want the informer to be based on an 'ask liam for permission on almost everything' concept. I do not want the informer to be run by just only me, I want the informer to be run by majority of the Soldier. I assume that soldiers won't go off topic from the Informer's Purpose and I trust you guys. However, if the article is not relevant to the Informer's Purpose, and you feel that it should be in the informer, you must ask my permission or majority of the soldiers needs to agree. Lastly, though the informer is run by soldiers+, you do not have to be active in making articles.

-Privates-

I've noticed some few suggests on what to write into the informer, and that is fine by me. If the suggest is good, a Soldier will write an article from the suggestion. Unfortunately, the suggests i've seen recently is irrelevant to the purpose of the informer and if the suggestion was added into the informer, it would have no meaning to have its presence there. Before you start a discussion on the suggestion, STP (Stop, Think, and Post). There are some standards the suggestion has to qualify, and if they do not qualify, there is no meaning to start a discussion about the suggestion.  

Obvious Standards:

• The suggestion has to follow the informer's purpose, that means it cannot advertize your thread or someone else's thread

• The suggestion needs to be at least helpful, or something that gives a message from the idea

• Think this thought: Would other users agree on this topic?

• The suggestion has to be friendly and cannot be critisizing or insulting a user

All in all, the suggestion you make must be legit and follow the obvious standards. PM a soldier instead of making a discussion if you would like to also!

And for a late announcement on the informer...

Congratulations for Tookewl's Lt. Promotion!
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 01:49 pm »
Posted By: myownselfNew About Bypassing

It has come to our attention that users are using the phrase "da fuq" or "the fuq" a lot in general. This is still bypassing. If you continue to use this, you will end up in POW for a good chunk of time.
This should also apply to using the phrase "FUUUUUUUUUU". This is essentially a partial bypass as you are censoring the last two letters by simply not adding them or putting anything in their place. Since this is only a partial bypass we will be lenient. Don't make a habit out of saying this and we won't have a problem, capiche?
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Parry

• #Paramedic
  • Centipede
  • All hail the Pony Queen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2012, 06:52 am »
Official Article Suggestion Thread

An official article suggestion thread has been made with instructions and information inthis thread. When giving a suggestion, remember that it shouldn't be some kind of idea where any user won't agree!
the rainbows
they are coming
they can not be stopped

Offline Parry

• #Paramedic
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2012, 06:54 am »
The New Fresh Start

There has been a clean-up of soldiers in the barracks leaving only 18 soldiers to left. Soldiers are now able to sink threads and the standards have doubled. Additionaly, this isn't the first time a Soldier is able to sink. When the soldier rank was first created, they were able to sink but the permission was deleted  to let more members in. However, do not give up on yourself! If you do not give up, you will get yourself a chance to become this rank!
the rainbows
they are coming
they can not be stopped

Offline Parry

• #Paramedic
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2012, 01:08 pm »
Pushing The Boundaries For Attention

Article Created by: Liamnight

Idea given by: al3xhw

Since many of the users can't see your behind that computer screen, nothing can stop you from lying about your age, name, or real life situations, but there is a limit. This isn't recent, it's been throughout the dawn of Sploder where people have pushed the boundaries for attention. Lying about death and disease isn't acceptable, it won't get you anywhere. If you think you will get popular, you will, but many users will not trust you anymore. Additionaly, the Sploder Community Forums is not a place where you discuss about real life situation either. A thread about the situation is okay, but numerous threads about it is not acceptable.
the rainbows
they are coming
they can not be stopped

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2012, 02:34 am »
Plagiarism: What it is and why you shouldn't do it

Article Created by: Superluigi77 (and common sense)

Plagiarism is defined as taking somebody else's work and presenting it as your own. This includes a wide variety of things, from quoting somebody without citing your source to straight up copying/pasting something and then trying to pass it off as your own. This is something that is taken very seriously not only here on Sploder but almost everywhere in real life as well. If you get caught plagiarizing a paper for school you will be in very big trouble. You will likely get a failing grade for the assignment as well as face other disciplinary measures. When you are in college for repeat offenses you can get kicked out of the class or even kicked out the school altogether. In the work place it can easily cost you your job.

Here on Sploder we also have little tolerance for plagiarism, especially when it comes to recruiting for MS positions. If you plagiarize your review application you will be banned from applying for a very long time. Do it again and you will likely be banned permanently. Same thing for MSM applications. You'd think that this wouldn't be a problem for MSM applications but unfortunately you'd be wrong. As for Editor applications I should certainly hope that plagiarism wouldn't be a problem. I'd certainly feel foolish if I'd sent the application to somebody who'd be willing to plagiarize.

In summation: Plagiarism = Very Bad
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 04:23 pm »
Lieutenants & Generals: To Fear of to Friend?

Article Created by: Superluigi77

This article is more so aimed at you newer members who have yet to really get to know the higher-ranked members. There seems to be a perception among you guys that the Lieutenants & Generals are users to be feared and avoided at all costs. "Don't annoy us or else!" seems to be our perceived mindset. However, not only is that a myth, it could not be further from the truth. Contrary to popular belief we are actually a really nice bunch of guys. (Except jammyt2. Jk. Jk. lololol) We enjoy meeting and getting to know new members. Part of our job descriptions is about helping and educating you guys so don't be afraid at all to approach us. We can always make time to help you or to just chat.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2012, 04:35 pm »
Maturity: How Exactly Does One Acquire this Fickle Trait?

Article Created by: Superluigi77

Contrary to popular belief, maturity is NOT something that you can just suddenly decide to be and then just like that be it. It just doesn't work like that. You can attempt to change your mindset and to make more responsible decisions but true maturity is developed over time. When you try to just suddenly be mature you are only putting on a charade and eventually your true self will show through. It's not going to work so don't try it. You will just end up looking foolish pretending to be something that you are not.

If you want to develop true maturity you need only to be yourself and to learn from your own experiences and from your mistakes, as well as the examples set by the people around you. Slowly but surely you will learn and you will grow. Becoming mature can be a very slow process but it will happen eventually if you are just willing to let it.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2012, 02:35 pm »
Bugmenot

Article Created by: Liamnight

From time to time, users come and talk aboutbugmenotand worry about the safety of Sploder. I am going to say that talking about bugmenot and how it is unsafe is unnecessary since you cannot do anything about it, and most or all of the passwords given are fake. If you find a real/valid password in there that is your pass or someone else's, do not make a discussion about it and PM a LT+ instead.

Quick Addendum by Superluigi77: You should also obviously never post your account information on bugmenot. That would just not be a smart thing to do.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:42 pm by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.