Author Topic: Commonly Reported Glitches/Bugs (Read This Before Reporting Something.)  (Read 491 times)

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
There are several odd nuances of Sploder that often get misconstrued as glitches. Some actually are glitches that we have just have to live with until Geoff gets around to fixing them. In this thread are listed many commonly reported problems people encounter on Sploder and their explanations. So next time you come across something funny and think you should report it check this thread first. We may already know about it and have an explanation for you.

Things that You may Think are Bugs but Really Aren't

Reported Glitch: My level just went down! That shouldn't happen, should it?
Explanation: Your MS level is determined by your number of games, your total number of views, and your friend total. If you delete games or if people unfriend you it can cause your level to decrease.

Reported Glitch: I republished my game but I keep seeing the old version! Help!
Explanation: Browsers have this thing in them called a "cache". It stores data and such from the websites you visit so when you visit them again the pages load faster. It is actually very helpful. Data from Sploder games is also stored in your browser's cache and will stay in the cache for some time unless you manually clear it. So when you republish a game for whatever reason the old version of it is still in your browser's cache and will still show up when you try to play that game. You simply need to clear your cache and the new version should be available for you. To clear your cache just click the "Tools" tab on your menu bar, click "Clear Recent History", and then in the window that appears uncheck everything but "Clear Cache". After that you just click OK. You may have to wait a moment if your computer is slow.
(This also explains why your avatar doesn't always update immediately when you change it.)

Reported Glitch: Sploder games and/or the creators are not loading for me!
Explanation: If this happens then you either have a problem with your version of Adobe Flash, with your Browser, or the device that you are using. Make sure your version of Adobe Flash Player is up to date and that the device you are using to access Sploder is compatible with Flash Player. There could be other problems causing this but without knowing the specifics of your situation I can't tell you what to do for sure. If you really can't figure out why games or the creators won't load for you then you post something about it.

Reported Glitch: I have to solve a puzzle each time a post a comment for some reason! I never had to do that before!
Explanation: If you have this problem then it is because a moderator warned you about something. Consider it as a part of your punishment. It is also there to stymy spam attempts. What that puzzle is actually called is reCaptcha. It is used on websites all around cyberspace to make sure people who post things are actually people and not bots.

Reported Glitch: On the PPG, I can't get my character to jump while it's on an elevator!
Explanation: The 'jump' widget will only make your character jump if your vertical speed is zero. In other words, jumping only works when you're not moving up or down. This also explains why you're able to double jump or even triple jump in the PPG.

Bugs that You Will Just Have to Learn to Live With

Reported Glitch: My Messages aren't loading for me!
Explanation: This also could be a problem involving your version of Flash or the device that you are using. Even if you have the correct version of Flash you could still have this problem. I know I do. It just randomly happens. Refresh your page once or twice and your messages should load. You get used to it.

Reported Glitch: I keep getting an error message when trying to accept/send a friend request!
Explanation: Again, this could be a result of having an outdated version of Adobe Flash Player or by just using a faulty computer. (I find that having a fast, efficient computer solves most problems you encounter on the internet.) Just keep trying to send/accept the request. It should work eventually.

Reported Glitch: My review disappeared from the review center!
Explanation: There seems to be some hidden pages to the review list that causes some reviews to be temporarily hidden from view. Rest assured, your review is not gone forever. You can still access it from your account page and so can everybody else.

Reported Glitch: The Timer on platformer games is messed up! It keeps saying that my time is worse than it actually is!
Explanation: This is because the Platformer timer does not reset automatically after a game ends. You must reset it manually by refreshing the page or by navigating away from it. I can only hope that Geoff will get around to fixing this eventually. It is sort of annoying.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 03:26 am by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
This thread will be continually updated as new glitches, whether they be real or not, arise so check back often.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dak77dhnGFU?version=3&amp;autoplay=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Dak77dhnGFU?version=3&amp;autoplay=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 03:15 am by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Reported Glitch: My thank-you total went down! What happened?
Explanation: This happens because each week the oldest discussions of the forum are deleted in what is called the "forum cleanup". If you had thank-yous in these old threads then they were deleted along with the thread. Just try even harder to earn those back!
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Reported Glitch: Enemies in plat don't move until you get close to them! This shouldn't be, right?
Explanation: This happens because almost every object that can be added to platform games or shooter games has what I like to call an "area of activation". This is a certain distance a player has to come to the item before it becomes active in the game. When it is not active it is almost as if it doesn't even exist in the game. It can still be seen but it won't do anything. In the shooter inactive enemies and objects won't attack you but can still be attacked, (Use this to your advantage.) This is also why you can shoot through polygons and walls from a certain minimum distance. Inactive enemies in platform games, however, are little more than background features. They don't do anything and can't be affected by any weapons so don't waste your ammo.

Now, the reason that things have an area of activation is to reduce lag in the creators. If everything in a game were always active then it would lag unbelievably and the game wouldn't even be playable. However, by making only the objects close to the player be active Geoff has successfully minimized lag for us. You should thank for him that.
The Boogeyman is Coming.