Sploder Archives > Editor's Corner

Editors, Can You Please Try Searching for Talent Outside of the Forum?

Superluigi77:
My fellow Editors,

The old and forgotten reason for featuring games was to get undiscovered talent noticed. We seem to have lost site of that. Just from browsing through the first several pages of featured games I saw one or maybe two games by users who were not members of the community. Youngcaliman so kindly enlightened me to the fact that lately it has almost become a requirement to be a forum member to have any chance of your games getting feature. Obviously, this shouldn't be the case. So I ask of all of you this: Don't be afraid to delve down into the depths of the Games Administration page to find games by as of now unknown users. That's kind of why we have the all of our games so conveniently located there.

On a similar note, Geoff once said long ago that we should really avoid constantly featuring games by the same members so I just want to remind the new and old Editors of that rule as well. For those of you who are getting a lot of features and feel like this may be unfair to you and it takes away any incentive to make great games I offer this rebuttal:

1. You can always just make games for the sake of making games. Getting views isn't the most important thing in the world.
2. Shoot for the EGL. It's obvious by now that you can make feature worthy games. Aim your sights up toward the ultimate pantheon of great games.

Thank you,

Head of Editor Recruitment, Superluigi77

Princess Matty:
Alright then.

Princess Matty:
It's hard though because of all the "Hotel" and "Kill bla bla" games there are around. And if there isn't those games outside the Forums, they are ussualy short and provide little challenge.

Jaggertoo:
Yeah, but members on the forums know how to make REAL games. All the MS noobs do is make Sceptile games.

Superluigi77:

Posted By: mat7772It's hard though because of all the "Hotel" and "Kill bla bla" games there are around. And if there isn't those games outside the Forums, they are ussualy short and provide little challenge.
--- End quote ---
That's why you need to be willing to do the work. It's easy to just look on the forum to find good games. Anybody could do that. The job of Editor is much more than that, though. Back in the old days we wouldn't be afraid to sift through page after page to find just one feature-worthy game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version