Author Topic: Luigi's Edifying Editor Recruitment [New Applicants]  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Luigi's Edifying Editor Recruitment [New Applicants]
« on: January 14, 2012, 10:13 pm »
Welcome to the Editor Recruitment under my reign.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A REVIEWER TO BE AN EDITOR
The system will be much the same as when Hkassrulz ran it. I will searching out users whom I believe have the potential to be editors. I will be judging people on slightly different criteria than before. I will still be judging on forum rank, positions held, overall experience, and review quality. The only difference is that I won't be putting as much emphasis on how good you are at writing reviews. That's what a reviewer recruiter is for. What I will be looking at in your reviews is what they tell me about what you think makes a game feature-worthy. In terms of being a good editor, being able to write a good review doesn't mean anything if you can't tell what is feature-worthy or not. With this approach one really good review or one really bad review will not make or break your case. It will probably take multiple reviews for me to learn what I need to about you. So, I suppose I should say that if you want to improve your chances of me picking you then you should include a "Is this game feature worthy" section in your reviews. That's the closest thing to a cheat code I can give you. I will also be much more likely to send you an application if you are an active member. I don't want to waste my time sending an application to somebody who's not going to be online to see it.

Like the old system I will pm those whom I choose an application. This application will be strikingly similar to the old one if not identical. Those to whom I give the OK will be voted on in the Barracks. If you get a majority vote in the barracks (Yes, even 2 to 1 counts as a majority) then you will be made an editor, pending approval of the higher-ups.

Those whom I have PM'd will have 7 days to respond in some fashion or they will be passed over. Note that your application need not be completed in 7 days, you only need to respond within 7 days. If at any point, though, you go more than 7 days without responding your application will expire and you will have to wait until I pm you again to try again.

So no potential editors slip through the cracks I am considering taking on a couple of aids to tell me who they think that I should consider. If you are interested in this role pm me. Only editors will be considered for this. (I'm open to input from any editor, but the ones I choose for this role will have considerable more say in my decisions and will also be allowed to pm the users I have chosen the application.)

CURRENT WAVE STATUS

Current (Max of 5)
None

Current Expired
None

Being Discussed in the Editor's Corner
sto4
Mechanism G (mrdragon)
Rocketeer

Editors Promoted from this System

Swallowthesun
Myownself
vinniepaz1234567
mat7772
netshark
10000truths
stanleykitten
moolatycoon
boredgame
lumberjay
potatomash
jackjoshseb
liamnight
casper11

Yours Truly,

He of the Greenstache, Superluigi77

Learn how to become a reviewer here
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 04:08 pm by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Luigi's Edifying Editor Recruitment [Applicants are now being voted on!]
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 10:15 pm »
Remember, this recruitment process is nothing at all like the others. Do not write an application in this thread. Do not write one in another thread. Do not PM me an application. DO NOT WRITE AN APPLICATION AT ALL UNLESS I PM YOU FIRST! By trying to apply on your own you are effectively ruining your chances of becoming an editor because you are showing that you are incapable of following and/or reading the simplest of rules. If you can't follow my rules then it is obvious that you are not mature enough to be an editor. So now to clarify myself once more...

DO NOT TRY TO APPLY TO BE AN EDITOR. IT DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT.

One more reminder, there is no Editor test. It is an application. There is a difference. Learn it. If you call it a test then I will know that you did not read the rules as thoroughly as you should and will thus take a step backward on the path to becoming an editor.

Be aware that this thread will be continuously updated even if I don't post.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1orKD1ZG5KU?version=3&amp;autoplay=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1orKD1ZG5KU?version=3&amp;autoplay=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Links to Other Useful Places

Go Here to Learn How to Write Reviews.
Go Here to Request a User to be Banned.
Go Here to Learn How to Become a Reviewer.
Go Here to Learn about MSMs and How to Become One.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 06:31 pm by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 10:19 pm »
Most Important Rule

Do not ask me if you can apply to be an editor.

For now on anybody who asks for the application or asks me to make them an editor, whether here or anywhere else, will be banned from posting in this or any other threads I make about Editor recruitment. You will also ruin any chance you had of me even considering you worthy of being an editor for the time being because you will be showing me that you don't have the intelligence, maturity, or discipline to read the rules. This rule also applies if you ask anybody else for the application, which you shouldn't have any reason to do.

Banned Users
(The list of banned users is mostly for my use. The users on this list are not allowed to post in this thread, but more importantly they will be nonexistent to me. This means any attempts they make at improving their chances chances of becoming an editor will be ignored by me.)
None!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 02:02 pm by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 10:20 pm »
FAQ Originally Posted By: hkassrulz

Q: Do I have to be a reviewer to become an editor?
A: No, you do not have to be a reviewer to become an editor. However, I would strongly recommend it. If you can find a different way to prove to me you are mature enough to handle it (eg. become a soldier), and you know what makes a game feature worthy (eg. start a successful reviewing thread), then I may consider you for the editor application process.

Q: Do I have to be a soldier to become an editor?
A: Actually, no you don't need to be a soldier to become an editor. While I do take forum rank into account when deciding to whom I should send the application, I don't make being a soldier a strict requirement. It does help however, just as being ranked below private would hurt your case. Being a private is neutral. It will neither help nor hurt you so don't worry about it.

Q: Can I become an editor?
A: Believe it or not, you cannot become an editor by asking. If you PM me with this question I probably will not respond. (This is the most asked question)

Q: Can I apply to be an editor?
A: Not at this time. I will not accept an application unless I have given it to you to fill out.

Q: Can you help me write a review?
A: YES, I CAN HELP YOU. You can always send me a PM of a rough draft of a review so I can proof read it and give you suggestions. Don't be scared of people! =)

Q. Why haven't I had a application yet?
A. It's because I don't think you're ready yet. Give it some time and maybe one day you will have the Application.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 05:57 am by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 10:40 pm »
From time to time this thread may be open while I update it. I ask that nobody post in it. Please and thank you!

(Enjoy the music)
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 09:49 pm »
Vinniepaz1234567 has passed voting and shall be made an Editor. Congratz to him.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 05:57 am by superluigi77 »
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 10:22 pm »
Mat7772 & Netshark have passed voting and shall both be made Editors. Congratz to the both of them.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 09:38 pm »
10000truths has passed voting and shall be made an Editor. Shocker.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 06:19 pm »
Stanleykitten and moolatycoon have both passed voting and shall be promoted. Congratz to them.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 02:04 pm »
Killman21 and filiptokic have been unbanned. Better luck to them this time.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
(This really has nothing to do with anything. I just wanted an excuse to post in this thread.) If you make a habit of capitalizing "Editor" you are showing the same respect for the position that I do, and I will appreciate that very much.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Casper11 and liamnight have each made it to voting. May Odin have mercy on their souls.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
I know it's been awhile since I've done any recruiting. The RRR will be happening soon and because of that I will probably be sending out a plethora of Editor applications as a result of it. (And not just to those participating, btw.) So please be patient until then, my friends.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Re: Luigi's Edifying Editor Recruitment [New Applicants]
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2012, 06:35 pm »
Okay, I've updated this thread. I've converted some of the old Html to BBCode. I brought back the old thread music. (I may have something special for the first person to identify this song.) I've also PMed a few users so good luck to them.
The Boogeyman is Coming.