Author Topic: Mainsite Moderator Recruitment [MSM]  (Read 5130 times)

Offline skyfyre118

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
Mainsite Moderator Recruitment [MSM]
« Reply #540 on: April 10, 2012, 06:44 am »
1:Username- Skyfyre118

2:How long have you been on the forums; and how long have you been on the main site?- I have been on the forums for about a year now, I have been on the mainsite for 16 months.

3:What is a mod's job in three sentences- I believe a mods job is to help keep not just the main site, but all of sploder under control. Without MSM, a lot of people would run around crazy, spamming, hacking, cursing etc. It is the MSM's job to keep that from happening and protecting the people on sploder from hackers.

4:Why should we vouch for you?- I have experience as a mod. I am one on a different site. I am tolerant but not of abuse such as 'bullying'. I think that any offender who puts down anothers for there look, gender, religion, or anything like that deserve a permaban. Especially to those who constantly carry out with these offenses. I have a strong hate for hackers as well. It is illegal and I hope I can help MSM stop people from doing it on sploder.com or sploder.com/forums. I admit I've made mistakes as well. But I have learned my lesson and I am ready to stop hackers, spammers etc. I promise not to abuse my power of MSM, (if I'm accepted) and I will be kind to all members. Unless they take part in a major offense.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 04:35 am by skyfyre118 »

Offline Mr. Numbers

• Launcher
  • Yoshimonsters.webs.com Owner
    • View Profile
    • Yoshimonsters
« Reply #541 on: April 10, 2012, 06:57 am »
Posted By: skyfyre118Username- Skyfyre118

How long have you been on the forums; and how long have you been on the main site?: I have been on the forums for about a year now, I have been on the mainsite for 16 months.

What is a mod's job in three sentences- I believe a mods job is to help keep not just the main site, but all of sploder under control. Without MSM, a lot of people would run around crazy, spamming, hacking, cursing etc. It is the MSM's job to keep that from happening and protecting the people on sploder from hackers.

Why should we vouch for you?: I have experience as a mod. I am one on a different site. I am tolerant but not of abuse such as 'bullying'. I think that any offender who puts down another for there look, gender, religion, or anything like that deserve a permaban. Especially to those who constantly carry out with these offenses. I have a strong hate for hackers as well. It is illegal and I hope I can help MSM stop people from doing it on sploder.com or sploder.com/forums. I admit I make mistakes as well. But I have learned my lesson and I am ready to stop hackers, spammers etc. I promise not to abuse my power of MSM, (if I'm accepted) and I will be kind to all members. Unless they take part in a major offense.
 Even though im not a mod to accept it, this is a very good and thoughtful application.
Did you know carrots are good for your eyes? GIFSoup

Offline elcrossix

• Guard
  • Create your reality, or reality will create you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 10, 2012, 07:26 am »
1. Elcrossix

2. 2-3 Months for both

3. Pretty much, a Moderator's job is to keep Sploder a nice website suitable for the ages that members range from. This can include working out hacked account situations, deleting comments that have spamming, racism and report games and do the best that they can for Geoff to see games and graphics that aren't appropriate to be seen by any member, young, or older. A Moderator has powers that are put in place to keep Sploder a safe and fun website for all  users within the website. They have the ability to ban and warn varying of what a user has done, ranging from banning commenting and sending awards to perma bans and such of the like.

4. I think you should vouch for me because I have a large understanding of the rules, understanding the rules is important while I also know what certain things deservefor example, warnings, and banning lengths. I'm a fairly responsible user and I'd like to contribute in making Sploder.com  a fun and fantastic place for people to spend there time in. I also understand the annoying things such as emoticon overuse and spamvertising. It's in my best interest to be a Moderator for Sploder's Mainsite and keep Sploder a safe and fun place, I hope it's in your best interest too!

To add, my next door neighbour is a Mainsite Moderator and I understand how a few aspects work.

Thank you for reading my application.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 07:27 am by elcrossix »
~ Illuminati ~

Offline mshaafay

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 10, 2012, 08:10 am »
1. MSHAAFAY

2. Forums 7 months while the MS was for 8 months. >:D

3. When making a site for making games and commenting on them, we all should know that inappropriate posts, hackings, false identity, and ban escaping...and even more is the big factor. That is where a moderator comes in with his/her tactics in keeping the websites audience clear of harm, solve problems with hacking claims, restore games that have been lost, stop cyber-bullying, IP checking for useless alts...pretty much a main solver and helper to the site. Without a moderator, comments of splodeual nature (I know, it is censored) , things like that, spam (that slows down a computer) will go untouched...get the picture ;)

4. I am fed up! When I play games by others I am bound to see a hate game, bad comments, bloody games, someone is hacked...all that! I like to help them but no...the moderators are sometimes not there to help but I cant do anything! (ok I am calming down). So by vouching me and taking me onto voting, and if I might pass that and the test, you would see a bright place for us. I am rather sensible, follow rules, have never been POWed, banned, warned, demoted, or ever been in a strict case of breaking the rules. I also have a nice sense of humour and there are quite a number of non-forum members who depict me as kind so it would be easy to get along with bans and warns and teaching the bad a lesson :D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 08:12 am by mshaafay »
In restaurants, pizza can be baked in an oven with stone bricks above the heat source, an electric deck oven, a conveyor belt oven or, in the case of more expensive restaurants, a wood- or coal-fired brick oven.

Offline Nellac

• Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 10, 2012, 08:24 am »
1. Nellac

2. 12 months on the MS and 7 months on the forum.

3. An MSM's job is to keep the users of the mainsite safe, to punish offenders fairly and to try their best to keep spoder clear of profanity of all kinds. They have to use reason and judgement to make it possible for people of all ages to continue to enjoy sploder. An MSM is important and can help in everything between the event of hacking and a case of spamvertising; 2 very different things, with varying levels of severity, that, nontheless, are both dealt with by MSMs.

4. You should vouch for me because, despite having been warned before, I feel I have matured a lot recently and would like to give something back to the site that has added so much to my life. I am very active on sploder and would be extremely dedictaed to enforcing the rules; keeping a firm hand while not being overly harsh.

Thankyou for reading.

-Nellac

Offline GameDesignerX

• Launcher
  • I'm back! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 10, 2012, 08:35 am »
1.GameDesignerX

2. 6 Months :Forums 3 Months

3. A MSM's job is to keep Sploder safe. but NOT to just go baning people for fun. If someone is swearing or making fun of someone you have to warn them first not just ban them right-off-the-bat. I believe to be a Mod you have to know what it means to be one and be able to control the power and responsibility. Your job is to keep Sploder safe so you have to know what to do at the right times!

4. You should vouch for me because I will keep Sploder safe, I have been warned before so I know what NOT to do. I like helping people out so I think this job would be perfect for me. I will not try to do everything by myself because I know if I need help I can just ask another Mod. I want to keep Sploder safe, it would be an honor to keep the website that I love Safe!

Offline neurosis

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 10, 2012, 08:48 am »
Posted By: Nellac1. Nellac

2. 12 months on the MS and 7 months on the forum.

3. An MSM's job is to keep the users of the mainsite safe, to punish offenders fairly and to try their best to keep spoder clear of profanity of all kinds. They have to use reason and judgement to make it possible for people of all ages to continue to enjoy sploder. An MSM is important and can help in everything between the event of hacking and a case of spamvertising; 2 very different things, with varying levels of severity, that, nontheless, are both dealt with by MSMs.

4. You should vouch for me because, despite having been warned before, I feel I have matured a lot recently and would like to give something back to the site that has added so much to my life. I am very active on sploder and would be extremely dedictaed to enforcing the rules; keeping a firm hand while not being overly harsh.

Thankyou for reading.

-Nellac
Thankful People:neurosis

Accidentle thank.

Offline Martin

• Soldier
  • Mortar
  • smiters gonna smite
    • View Profile
    • DarthBot Discord Bot
« Reply #547 on: April 10, 2012, 10:45 am »
Name: Martin1234567890

2 yrs on the MS (sooty) - Forums: 10 months

A MSM's job is to keep sploder a safe and happy place for children to talk, play & make game. A moderator's job is to keep Sploder safe so you have to know what to, always.

If you think about letting me a moderator, I will not abuse my privileges and only give suitable bans/warnings. I will not
Give warnings for just any reason. If I am not sure If I am right, I will consult another moderator to hear there opinion on the matter. Also, I will check the game restore page, as I see not many moderators visit it.

Rule breaking and punishments:

Swearing - A warning
Another swear - A final warning
A 3rd swear (depending on how bad it it) - Ban/IP ban
Cussing - Warning
Another cussing - 1 week ban (I have little tolerance for these type of issues)
Games about sceptile - Get the game deleted and the user warned about making them.

Any other rule breaking will be handled with a sensible decision. If you ever think I am doing a bad job, feel free to demote/send me a message.

Thank you for you time

Martin
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 10:46 am by martin1234567890 »

Offline foghornleghorn02

• Disruptor
  • lol is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 10, 2012, 11:35 am »
1. Foghornleghorn02

2. Mainsite 4 months, forums 2 months

3. A mods job is to keep sploder safe by not letting other immature members ruin sploder by cussing and swearing etc, by issuing warnings when something wrong is done. A moderators job is also to delete racial, offencive , nasty and spamming messages from peoples pages and issue warnings to the people who have done wrong. If you get warned 3 times moderators can issue a ban and after a ban you can get ip banned if something horribly bad is done, mods do not ban people for no reason which is a big aspect as people may get that wrong.

4. You should vouch for me because I have learned my lesson as I have had some warnings myself, therefore I know exactly the difference between spamming and telling someone once, also i have the knowledge to know when a bad word is said and how to give warnings out.

Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:53 pm by foghornleghorn02 »
they see me rollin they not hatin. they be chillin

Offline Lamborghinirules

• Disruptor
  • It's not a crime until you get caught
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 10, 2012, 06:31 pm »
1.Lamborghinirules

2. Mainsite: 3 months. Forums: 2 months.

3. A MSM's job is to keep Sploder safe from immature members of Sploder so everyone can be happy. Another example of a MSM's job is to stop people from swearing and doing inappropriate things and issue warnings so they can behave. Also, a Mod and unban people if they have a good reason. Mods only ban if people have been warned multiple times.

4. You should vouch for me because I'm kind to other people. I also know that even the least harmful swear words will display as "splode". I'm also a very active member (at least 6 days a week) on both the mainsite and the forums unless for a special reason. I've got a lot of friends that are leaving sploder because they are bullied and I want to keep them and everyone else happy on Sploder.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:34 pm by Lamborghinirules »
It's better to finish roughly than not to finish at all.
You can't be good at something you're not interested in.

Offline Gt

• Disruptor
  • Warum Hello there. Ich bin glücklich, Sie zu treff
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 10, 2012, 06:57 pm »
1: Gt7911

2: Ms: 5 months, forums: 4 months.

3: A moderators job is to look after sploder. They can delete bad comments along with rude games and graphics. A moderator can ban people that they believe are not behaving good or warn people. A moderator can also view the hack log at any time to check the latest hackings, he/she will then block the ip and help the hacked.

4: You should vouch for me as I am very mature and I am kind hearted. I like to help people often and I am creative yet not shy. Yoy should also vouch for me as I do not use bad language or afend people.
GIFSoup

[IMG]http://

Offline supergameplayer

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 10, 2012, 08:08 pm »
1 month on the forums, 4 months on the mainsite

A moderator's job is to keep an eye out for inappropriate things on sploder, delete them or ban the users who made them. (I already found an inappropriate graphic!) Moderators can also view a hack log and block the ip so that the hack victim cam get their account back.

You should vouch for me because I have a good lookout for bad things and I don't use bad language

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 10, 2012, 08:34 pm »
Foghornleghorn02 and GameDesignerX, I'm sure Ben would appreciate it if you stopped thanking eachother's applications.
#WCGP

Offline benisaewsome

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • HiiPower
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 10, 2012, 08:41 pm »
In response to several people, yes, I have seen everyone's applications. I read each and every one. Sometimes it takes me a little while to make up my mind, but if you aren't vouched within three days, assume I'm not vouching for you.

Posted By: jackjoshsebFoghornleghorn02 and GameDesignerX, I'm sure Ben would appreciate it if you stopped thanking eachother's applications.
This is true. I did mention it, but it appears I need to make it kore clear. Please, control your enthusiasm for each others applications. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
Most people stop for signs, but I've driven through it
If it don't touch my soul, then I can't listen to it
The radio don't play the splode I used to love
Or maybe I'm just growing up
I never seen a star on a red rug
If I wanna see a stars I just look above

To the heavens

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 10, 2012, 10:06 pm »
I'm just gonna go ahead and say I denied a lot of these because of excessive spelling errors. It may not seem like a big deal, but it's a good indication of how much effort was required to create your application. Some of these answers should be well thought out and all should be written correctly.

Offline peruguy2005

• Disruptor
  • Never give up on your dreams; just keep going.
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: April 11, 2012, 12:27 am »
1. Peruguy2005
2. Around 6 months in forums (don't trust join date), and 9 on the MS
3. A mod's job is to make the MS appropriate for everyone, by blocking inappropriate games and graphics, helping to restore old lost games, and banning people that serve a threat or are disobeying the terms of policy. MSMs were made for a purpose; to help the MS be a better place, and drive the hackers and spammers away. For me, being a mod is a really hard responsibility.
4. Why vouch for me? Because I have learned every reason why a user should be banned in the MS, through spamming, and hacking. I also know all the powers, so I really won't be a newbie. Trust me, I'll even stop the problem with inactive MSMs, so yeah. I think I am ready for this position, and I'll do anything to be active and helpful.

Offline patelio03

• Bugmeister
  • Splatter is happiness, happiness is darkness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 11, 2012, 03:01 am »
Umh, I checked my application from page 8, and it was the 22nd Jan, which I thought got denied, and then I found a thank from myownself? What?
I luv Splatter. Nuff' Said.

Offline patelio03

• Bugmeister
  • Splatter is happiness, happiness is darkness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 11, 2012, 03:03 am »
Oh, btw I didn't get into voting ir anything beause I didn't here about anything.
I luv Splatter. Nuff' Said.

Offline foghornleghorn02

• Disruptor
  • lol is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 11, 2012, 04:08 am »
Posted By: jackjoshsebFoghornleghorn02 and GameDesignerX, I'm sure Ben would appreciate it if you stopped thanking eachother's applications.

sorry i did a accidentale thank
they see me rollin they not hatin. they be chillin

Offline Benjamin Reichwald

• Soldier
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 11, 2012, 04:11 am »
Btw just to say to all the recruiters

I was hacked(check the log). And the person who hacked me posted a message saying "richardhead but he didn't write Richard he wrote d,ick head (sorry to bypass)

I needed to out that out because that could affect my chances.

Offline malvernroad

• Mortar
  • Keep right on till the end of the road.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 11, 2012, 05:26 am »
1. malvernroad
2. MS: 10 months- 1 year I am not sure. forums: 5-6 months
3. A moderators job is to warn/ban players who have acted inappropriately either they have bypassed, hacked, bullied , racism, bad graphics, hate mail or awards that are bad.  A moderator  must make important decisions, whether hey should ban or warn. They must check the hack log regularly to make sure innocent members still have access to there own accounts.
4. I think you should consider vouching me because I would never abuse my powers, even if my best friend was to join the site and bypass etc I would still give him a reasonable ban depending on what he had done, I am not afraid to ban anyone who has been mean or broke the rules in anyway. I would never ignore anybody's situation and I would look into it no matter who they are. (I have had two warnings ages ago but I have learnt from them and I have not been banned).
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 05:27 am by malvernroad »

Offline Sploderepicbros

• Heavy Cruiser
  • so basically i saw my personal text and i was and
    • View Profile
    • KorzForums. Join NOW!
« Reply #561 on: April 11, 2012, 06:12 am »
1. SploderEpicBros
2. MS. 6 months. Forums: 5 months.
3. A main-site moderater has many duties; one of which is to delete messages, for example if a user put a piece of punctuation inbetween censored words, or if a user bullies another user (you'd warn that user as well, but if it happened multiple time, they might be banned for a month). One more message you would delete is racism. If a user uses racism in a message, they would be warned or banned for a month. A thing that every moderater is keeping an eye on is hacking. If a user was hacked, I would know immediately because their IP will match with someone different (and by different, I probably mean someone obvious ;)). The last thing to look out for is inappropriate graphics/games. If this appears to happen the game/graphic will be deleted IMMEDIATELY. I get bored on my computer very often, so I randomly click people's name and look at their stuff.
4. I think you should vouch for me because, as I said, I randomly look at other peoples profiles, so if I saw something going on, I would stop it as soon as I saw it. Anything innapropiate will be deleted as soon as I saw it. I promise to help the community and look after it like my own family. I won't be too harsh when I warn/ban someone. Thank you for reading :D
Huglist
Tommy
Dudeguy
Eim
HG
CG
Alexmd
Al3xHW
Amdri
Glowie
Furfurry
Probe
Alone
Dudki
Gerald
Maximus
Lastwho
Yugi
BG

Offline Raider

• Mortar
  • Proud SCOURGE Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 11, 2012, 06:27 am »
Posted By: filiptokicI just have one question: When can I post a new application?
A week after your original application
300th thank~ Alonnesix
GIFSoup

Offline neurosis

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 11, 2012, 08:18 am »
Posted By: filiptokicI just have one question: When can I post a new application?

Now, its been shut for more than a month, so I presume you could post it now? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline filiptokic

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Bubble ;3
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 11, 2012, 08:50 am »
Posted By: neurosis

Now, its been shut for more than a month, so I presume you could post it now? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
You're wrong.
users that i will miss

boredgame, brocky, jjs, mshaafay, sphnx, giovanny, jammyt2, daxter (jagger), dogfox, theimage, alonessix, mat and potatomash

Offline neurosis

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 11, 2012, 11:37 am »
Posted By: filiptokic
Posted By: neurosis

You're wrong.

Did you just post one?

Offline gamezman305

• Mortar
  • >>>>>>>>>
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 11, 2012, 03:57 pm »
User: Gamezman305
 I've been around About 8 months on ms and 7 on the forums.
The main duty of an msm is to make this site an enjoyable, censored place that makes other people feel safe and comfortable while viewing this site. You have the ability to ban users,graphics,games,users comments, and delete comments. Main Site Moderators either ban or warn depending on how major the offense is (minor offense= emoticon spam. Major offense= Cyberbullying)

Why should you vouch for me? Why not other people who have the same general gist as my application does?

I have a plethora of valid reasons of why you should give me a chance to become a moderator. Let's start with this first fact. I've never received a warning, any ban, or demotion ever before. And have never been close to. I have been on the ms and forums for a pretty decent time. And I know what the rules of moderation are. Another valid point is that I am a kindhearted person. Now I know sometimes I can be a little rough but it is not a blatant lie that i am actually sweet in the inside. Now being kindhearted I just want to make this better for some people. Even though that would make other people unhappy that would be the fair way. Moderators can ban people for bad behaviors or cyberbullying. So the cyberbullies/misbehaving people get banned. The people being emotionally harmed will now fell at a safe zone. These are my reasons, now thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 03:58 pm by gamezman305 »

Offline trans301

• Disruptor
  • Freedom is the right of all Sentient beings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 11, 2012, 04:26 pm »
My username is trans301
I have been on the mainsite for about half a year, and the forums for five months.
First and foremost, a MSM keeps the site a safe, enjoyable place for people from varying ages to have fun and play games, or chat on the forums.  A MSM  does this by deleting comments that are in any way offensive in ways such as splodeism and racism, spam comments, and flame comments if the flame war goes to far.  Also, one must ensure that comments which have bypassed the censor are deleted.  If a user has committed these offenses over a period of time, this user must be warned, and if it continues more, the person must be banned.
4. Why should you vouch for me?  First, I am very unbiased.  Once, I was debating in a tournament that TV should be banned.  I don’t believe this, I believe that TV is a great inspiration, but I won the debate anyway.  This shows that I can overcome any bias that is brought upon me, and even ban n8mo, my best friend, if he did something wrong.  Second, I can be harsh, and kind.  If someone does something really bad, I would not hesitate to ban them.  On the other side, I can be forgiving, and if people are good after their warning I would not hold it over their head for the next year or so.
These are the reasons that I believe you should vouch for me as an MSM.
Thank you.

Offline Crazy Panda

• Launcher
  • I got serious strength
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 11, 2012, 08:19 pm »
I have been on for atleast 5 months.I know they're job is to make sploder safe by deleting inappropriate messages and helping hacked people.I want to be one cause I find a lot of inappropriate messages.Please i'll give you seven awards.My username is Jack216.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:20 pm by jack216 »
Goal
Soldier (Forums)
1 MS Feature (Mainsite)
100 Thanks (Forums)

Offline butterball2

• Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 12, 2012, 02:38 am »
Posted By: jack216I have been on for atleast 5 months.I know they're job is to make sploder safe by deleting inappropriate messages and helping hacked people.I want to be one cause I find a lot of inappropriate messages.Please i'll give you seven awards.My username is Jack216.

I'm not a recruiter, but bribery is never the key to success.