Author Topic: Mainsite Moderator Recruitment [MSM]  (Read 4589 times)

Offline Toad01

• Mortar
  • Yippe Keeya He Yapeaaaaaaa Kiyo!
    • View Profile
Mainsite Moderator Recruitment [MSM]
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 05:47 am »
1. Toad01
2. MS: 1 Year + 2 Months
FORUMS: 11 Months
3. A moderators job is to stop those people who violate and break the rules of the Terms Of Service and whatever may be the rules. They will ban or warn those certain users who will break those rules and what other stuff may be worthy of a ban. It is their job to be responsible for most of the goings on in Sploder and they must take action against users who break rules, violate rules and abuse abilities and certain powers.
4. I think you should vouch me because I am sick of seeing users who spam and swear and break rules while I don't have the powers against them to stop them which makes me feel irritated. I will take full responsibility for users I have banned and warned, so I will give good reasons and not just ban people like Sceptile for the fun of it. I am mostly active all the time on Sploder, meaning I'm probably addicted so I can warn and ban users without having to experience the pain and patience until a mod actually logs on. I promise to protect Sploder and give all my best effort to being a mod.
Thank you.

Offline filiptokic

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Bubble ;3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2011, 08:09 am »
1. Filiptokic
2. MS: 6 months, FORUMS: 5 months.
3. Moderator: A moderator is, how should I say this, a police man on Sploder.com. If some member is telling ugly words, bracking the rules, hacking, a moderator warns him (First warn, then ban.) If that member does that again (If he brackes the rules again) a moderator will ban him. If the thing that member did is realy bad, a moderator bans him for at least a year. If it's not that bad, a moderator will ban him for a few months, or for a few weeks.  
4. Now why do I wanna become a moderator: Hello, I'm Filiptokic and I want to become a Moderator. Why you ask? Well there are much reasons. The first reason is: I want to get Sploder to be the most popular Web-Site ever. I want it to be whitout non-allowed things. Those things are: Hacking, Telling Ugly Words, Making Ugly Games, Making Alts, Making Fun Of Other Members... Yes, I'll stop all those things. But, first whit a warning, if he/she does that again, I ban him/her. But, again, if he/she did something realy bad, I'll ban him/her for a long time. If he/she did something not so bad, I'll ban him for a little bit (But First Whit A Warning). The second reason is: Well, I want to be popular on Sploder. Also, to help much members. Like my best friends here; they got in trouble a few times... Now you've seen my reasons why I want to be a Moderator. I'm a good member and I never got a warning from a Moderator, so, I think I'll be a great Moderator (If I pass)! So, as I sead, I will get Sploder in, how should I say this, peace. Thank you for reading this, I realy want to be a Moderator, I tryed my best for this.
users that i will miss

boredgame, brocky, jjs, mshaafay, sphnx, giovanny, jammyt2, daxter (jagger), dogfox, theimage, alonessix, mat and potatomash

Jaggertoo

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2011, 08:36 am »
Removed. (I didn't notice the 2 months thing)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 09:01 am by Jaggertoo »

Offline deathleaf

• Electropede
  • I am Pie lover guy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2011, 08:54 am »
Posted By: Jaggertoo2. Forums; 1 month and a week

Posted By: benisaewsomeIMPORTANT: you must have been on the forums for two months before applying.

Offline pokemonplayer2

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2011, 10:17 am »
1. Pokemonplayer2.

2. Forums: About 4 months.; MS: About 4 months.

3. A MSM's job is to see users who have been abusing Sploder. The MSMs have to do the correct punishment to that member. If the user is unbanned, they have a clean slate. But if they continue to act inappropriate, the punishment will be more harsh. MSMs have to keep Sploder safe and fun to use. If there's someone chatting with someone else on Sploder, and another user comes to spam someone's page, then the user can't see their messages from who he/she was chatting with. And that is to clear my statement; MSMs make Sploder fun for everyone. As I said, MSMs will have to do the right punishment and not get carried away.

4. You should vouch to me because I take my responsibilities carefully. I will never abuse my MSM powers. I will not be carried away. It is my dream to become at least MSM. This is my favorite power. I know that if I abuse my ability to be a MSM, I will be taken off of one. But since I always want to be one, I will not abuse. I will do the right thing for Sploder. You might think "He's just lying. He's going to show off." That is incorrect. I will not showoff my MSM powers. Another thing is that if one of my fellow MSMs have a huge task and can't do it, I'm willing to help out. I like to be nice to other people, not just on Sploder. Plus, I want to feel like a leader for once, you know. I am just a simple kid wanna be. But if I am a moderator, I will have a change in my life. I know, it's a bit weird saying this, but I don't care. I wanna have a change in my life. This is why you should vouch to me.

All the best,
Pokemonplayer2.

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2011, 11:37 am »
^All denied

Pokemonplayer, yours was good, but it wasn't exactly what I'm looking for.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline 10000truths

• Heavy Cruiser
  • 10000truths here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2011, 11:40 am »
1. 10000truths.
2. ~3 years and a month on the forums; ~3 years and two months on the main site.
3. The job of an MSM is to monitor the main site for any comments, games, awards and any other general activity of a disruptive nature that are in violation of the Sploder rules and terms of service. This includes hacking, spamming, excess profanity and inappropriate games and graphics. These disruptions are then removed, and the user will receive a warning and/or ban for such disruption.
4. The reason that I should be vouched for is quite simple; as with all of the other current MSM's, I have the experience required to take on this job. I have been familiarized with the many tools that are available to an MSM, I am able to carry the responsibility of taking action when I see a violation, my judgmental skills are acutely fine,  and overall, I have an excellent potential to become an MSM. (Not to mention that golden badges are quite fashionable.)

Offline benisaewsome

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • HiiPower
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2011, 12:37 pm »
Second page already? Man, you guys work fast.

Truths will be added once I sort something out.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 12:42 pm by benisaewsome »
Most people stop for signs, but I've driven through it
If it don't touch my soul, then I can't listen to it
The radio don't play the splode I used to love
Or maybe I'm just growing up
I never seen a star on a red rug
If I wanna see a stars I just look above

To the heavens

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2011, 01:21 pm »
****NOTE****

You must wait one week before reapplying.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline nford

• Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2011, 03:41 pm »
1. Nford
2. Forums: 4 months, 22 days. Mainsite: 6 months, 23 days.
3. A Main-site moderators job is to patrol the Sploder Main-Site for inappropriate comments/games/graphics. While a moderator can do this, they can also restore games. This helps people who deleted their games to restore them and have them back. There are to types to punish a user; to warn, or to ban. When a ban occurs, they will not be able to comment, or award. Some of the warn-ban worthy objectives preformed by these user's would be hacking, spamming, inappropriate comments, games and graphics. These are some of the objectives moderators have on the main-site.
4. The reason I should be vouched by all you recruiters is that under any circumstance, I will not abuse my powers. I know what a moderators power's are, I would use these powers when needed. I would also be very active, which would be helpful to have someone on-the-move. Cyber-bullying would stop one moderator at a time, and one of my goals on this site is to keep it a safe environment and not to go overboard. I would like to conclude my application saying that I would help any member in harm and make sure that anyone that was hurting that user gets punished for what he deserved.

This is my application and I hope you liked it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 03:41 pm by nford »

Offline Princess Matty

• Derpnut
  • Centipede
  • Mat7772 here. =)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2011, 09:32 pm »
1. Mat7772
2. Forums: 1 year, four months. MS: One year 7 or 8 months.
3. A Mainsite Moderator's job is to make Sploder a verbally clean and a safe sight for all people, young or old. They keep Sploder a clean site by using the additional settings for Mainsite Moderators, like the hack log, viewing reported comments on a page and many more things. They help out in the situations of hacking, people getting harassed and bullied, innapropriate comments, graphics and awards such as spam or innapropriate messages included on them.
4. Why should you vouch for me? First of all, I am an active member, and when I see something innapropriate, I report it, just like every Sploder member should (Excluding MSM's). Another point is, I am a mature member. Even though I only hold the Reviewer position, I have been given the Editor application by superluigi, and have passed the MSM test, but failed voting. And as you can see, I know the powers of the Moderator, and will use them the way they should be used, by helping other citizens of Sploder.

Hopefully,I have convinced you why I would be a fantastic Mainsite Moderator.
hi

Offline mateogv

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2011, 10:04 pm »
[Aplicatoin]

Hey guys!

Why you should vouch me

Alot of you might know this, but. When I see fighting and stuff, I want to stop it from happening. I want to tell them to stop, but I am afraid they will try fighting with me too. Its to all those innocent users who watch the fights as they happen. I wish there was something I could do. All I can do is report, but I cant give users a warning. Thats where I come in this part, If I was a mod, I could warn users for bad things. Here is a list of bad things: bad comments, spams, hacking, innapropriate games, graphics, or comments, award spams. People see those things here. Anyway, it is kinda an honor to get the badge too. And that is my step-up to mod. Now that you see what I mean, I have now shown you why I would be a great moderator. Thanks.

Username: mateogv
Year on MS: 1 year (I am 95% sure.)
Year on forums: account created: september 2011

A mods job

Mods are members who see bad things on Sploder. They are those people who protect Sploder and keep members safe. They have powers that only they have. They can warn and ban users. They keep a sucsesfull job that keeps Sploder clean and fresh. You see, they also have settings that only mods can see, such as the hack-log and more. I know a mods powers. You know, I will always know the powers on a mod.

EDITED
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 09:00 am by mateogv »

Offline nintendude619

• Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2011, 12:12 am »
Application

1. Username: nintendude619
2. Year on MS: 1 year+. Year on forums: 1 year, 2 months, and 11 days.

3. A Moderator's Job:
A moderator is a member that keeps innapropriate things off of sploder. They can help other members by checking IP's and restoring games on the staff account. Last, but not least they check up on reports so they can keep as much bad stuff off sploder as possible.

4. Why you should vouch for me:
I am a very mature, active, and attentive member. For refrences you can ask Sansander97, Staylor21fan, or Lcraniuml. I pay attention to make sure that I report bad content. I understand the responsibilities of being a moderator. I will be able to successfuly ban the correct people. If I become a moderator I have friends (listed above) that can show me how to use all the moderator functions. In the past I was able to report many things that eventually got banned. I have posted in many threads telling people if their reports should deserve a ban. Thank you for you time.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 12:13 am by nintendude619 »

Offline tiaz

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2011, 04:31 am »
Application

1. Tiaz

2.About a year and a half on the MS and just over a year on the forums.

3. A moderator's job is to keep Sploder a nice place, by that I mean, they keep any bad comments or inappropriate things of the site. They have greater powers than just a normal user so they can do all the things they need to do to keep Sploder a safe and happy place. And finally another thing that they do to help other users is to check peoples IP's.

4.I think that people should should vouch for me because I am a sensible and mature user on Sploder. I am on quite allot of the time(I am active) and I think that I could manage all of the moderators jobs. I follow all the rules and I would take the responsibility's very seriously and would only ban people if they have done something that would make a moderator do so. E.g swearing(bad language-inappropriate username, inappropriate messaging.), bypassing, SPAMing, ECT.

Thank you
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 08:20 am by tiaz »

Offline Sploderking27

• Launcher
  • I take u down to China Town.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2011, 04:44 am »
1.Hello, I'm Sploderking27.

2..I have been on the forums since July the 2nd 2011. I have been on the mainsite for a long time, but not on this account, my older one got hacked. I think, 6 or 7 months.

3. A Moderator's job on Sploder is a bit like the police in the streets. They keep the offenders off of Sploder. They stop people who swear, hack and spam. The job is a very important one on Sploder, as there are many people like this unfortunately. They stop people who are disrespecting the whole website by purging the rules that Geoff has set. Pretty much to keep Sploder at it's best it can be, with no swearing or inappropriate things on the site.

4. I think you should vouch for me because I follow rules, I am in the nominations of Head Boy at my school, so there is no doubt I am responsible. I get things done efficiently, like handing in Homework, 4 days before it is needed etc. My practicality is to a very high level, so is my discipline. I will use judgement well when needed. This is a highly important job,so you need someone who is like me.

~Thank you for reading, Sploderking27~
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 04:45 am by Sploderking27 »

Offline Exposure

• Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2011, 09:53 am »
1. Exposure

2. A year on forums and MS

3. A moderator's job is to take care and protect of the site from rule breaking users, they have the power to warn, ban or even IP ban on serious cases on instances like spamming, inappropriate names/words including bypassing or rude graphics. These powers reinforces and tightens the security of others, they do this to make sploder a more safe place where there is less danger for the user, and also a way to cope with the ones that try to violate the rules. For this then, they earn the essential powers to become a fully - fledged MSM like the hack log and so, these essentials try to refrain topics from spamming all the way to multiple hacking.

4. I am an active member so I will take action as much as possible, because a moderator should know what they are doing to ultimately attain a safe environment. My way of using powers will be fair and unbiased, I believe it would also be enough to stop peoples actions, they will create a lasting effect because I will do my job as straightforward and direct as possible. Finally, as well as being fair on my way of punishments, my methods will also benefit others that have been victimized on something little as rude comments on their page or being hacked, if as a job as an MSM, these problems will be fully ensured to be done in the most effective way.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 11:59 am by Exposure »

Offline Cyan

• Lieutenant
  • Mortar
  • Cyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2011, 12:53 pm »
1.Cian009

2. I have been on the forums for 11 mounts and 2 years on the MS

3. The MSM's job is to protect sploder and tomake sure everyone is following the rules and not breaking any of them. MSM's have these following powers: Warn, Ban and IP ban. The following will show what to use these for: Warn someone for spamming ect, When someone has broken the rules 3 times they will be banned form 1 to 4 weeks. They IP ban alts and I think people that have been hacked. And that's how I come to the end of this bit saying they ban people for hacking. Thank you.

4. You should vouch for me because I will protect sploder and be a great help to anyone who needs me.

Offline supersploder19

• Guard
  • Hello! I am supersploder19!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2011, 09:31 pm »
1. Hey, I am supersploder19.

2.  Currently I've been on the mainsite for 11 months and on the forums for approximately 10 months.

3. A Mainsite Moderator's job is to make sure the rules of sploder are properly obeyed.  Anyone that does not follow them will be put under a certain form of punishment for their actions.  Some of the reasons you might get punished are: Spamming, inappropriate comments, hacking, and inappropriate graphics and games.

4. I think you should vouch for me because being granted the power and responsibility of a moderator would be an honor, and I would take the power and responsibility seriously. I would try my best to make sure the rules of sploder are followed if you  would vouch for me.  Much obliged.
Did anybody lose a 2 $100 dollar bills wrapped in a rubber band? * Everyone in the room raises their hands* Well, if you did, I probably found the rubber band!*I hold up a rubber band*!

Offline benisaewsome

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • HiiPower
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2011, 09:42 pm »
@nford: Accepted. It seems you have a good understanding of general moderation.

@mat: Accepted. You should've been a mid awhile ago, in my opinion.

@the rest: Denied. If you have a curiosity for reasons, whisper to me.

A couple quick announcements:

1. Please refrain from posting your applications, as I will be making some alterations to the system.

2. What do you guys think of the music?
Most people stop for signs, but I've driven through it
If it don't touch my soul, then I can't listen to it
The radio don't play the splode I used to love
Or maybe I'm just growing up
I never seen a star on a red rug
If I wanna see a stars I just look above

To the heavens

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2011, 10:04 pm »
Posted By: benisaewsome
You could do better.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline GFz Ponies

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • Magical Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2011, 10:36 pm »
Posted By: superluigi77
You could do better.

Lol
xEddge

Offline Megazzz

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2011, 12:10 am »
Name; Megazzz

Length on forums; 2 months

Main site; 2 months

Jobs of a moderator; A moderator has the most important jobs on the main site. To protecte other members from cyber bully's spam and hacking as well as having to deal with comments saying like Help I have been hacked but they have not so I think they need the power of patients with all the members.

Why you should vouch me; You should vouch me because I think I have the patients and mind abilities to be a moderator this site because I think I could be one of those members that newbies look up to like omega or lcrainiuml and also someone that people can trust to not screw around with everything and take it like a joke, I will be a moderator that will take this seriously so members can feel safe from cyber bully's and hackers.

Thank You
  -megazzz

Offline Sploderking27

• Launcher
  • I take u down to China Town.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2011, 03:52 am »
Posted By: superluigi77
You could do better.

I like it. it is funeral music though.

Offline filiptokic

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Bubble ;3
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2011, 06:14 am »
What's wrong with my application? :/
users that i will miss

boredgame, brocky, jjs, mshaafay, sphnx, giovanny, jammyt2, daxter (jagger), dogfox, theimage, alonessix, mat and potatomash

Offline Egnite

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2011, 08:52 am »
name: Egnite
forums: 1 year
ms: 2 years

why vouch for me?

Well, because I'm a loyal and trust-worthly member. I will obide by the Sploder rules and always do as told. I am a very nice person to get on with but when people cyber bully I'm always there to help. I am an active member and I aleays try to the best of my abilities.

what is a MsM job?

A MsM job is to keep sploder a Safe and tidy place. Sploder is a place to make your own games, not to hack, swear, ect, and a moderator must prevent this from happening.

hopefully I have convinced you that I could be a good MsM!

-Egnite

Offline blimpy

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • Tipping the Scales of Justice since 2009.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2011, 01:05 pm »
Posted By: MegazzzName; Megazzz

Main site; 2 months

Jobs of a moderator; A moderator has the most important jobs on the main site. To protecte other members from cyber bully's spam and hacking as well as having to deal with comments saying like Help I have been hacked but they have not so I think they need the power of patients with all the members.

Why you should vouch me; You should vouch me because I think I have the patients and mind abilities to be a moderator this site because I think I could be one of those members that newbies look up to like omega or lcrainiuml and also someone that people can trust to not screw around with everything and take it like a joke, I will be a moderator that will take this seriously so members can feel safe from cyber bully's and hackers.

Thank You
-megazzz

Posted By: Egnitename: Egnite

why vouch for me?

Well, because I'm a loyal and trust-worthly member. I will obide by the Sploder rules and always do as told. I am a very nice person to get on with but when people cyber bully I'm always there to help. I am an active member and I aleays try to the best of my abilities.

what is a MsM job?

A MsM job is to keep sploder a Safe and tidy place. Sploder is a place to make your own games, not to hack, swear, ect, and a moderator must prevent this from happening.

-Egnite

1. Please refrain from posting your applications, as I will be making some alterations to the system.

Knowing how to read is an important part of getting accepted, just FYI.

Jaggertoo

« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2011, 01:11 pm »
Posted By: blimpy

Main site; 2 months

Thank You
-megazzz

why vouch for me?

what is a MsM job?

-Egnite

I doubt they know what refrain means. lol

Offline blimpy

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • Tipping the Scales of Justice since 2009.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2011, 01:19 pm »
Posted By: Jaggertoo

Main site; 2 months

Thank You
-megazzz

why vouch for me?

what is a MsM job?

-Egnite

I bet they know what Dictionary.com means.

Jaggertoo

« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2011, 02:54 pm »
Posted By: Jaggertoo

Main site; 2 months

Thank You
-megazzz

why vouch for me?

what is a MsM job?

-Egnite

I bet they know what Dictionary.com means.

Lol. Let alone the internet. (Accidentle thank)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 10:49 am by Jaggertoo »

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2011, 05:12 pm »
Whatever happened to not going OT? We seem to not be enforcing that rule.
The Boogeyman is Coming.