Author Topic: Mainsite Moderator Recruitment [MSM]  (Read 3365 times)

Offline owenmills

• Speeder
    • View Profile
Mainsite Moderator Recruitment [MSM]
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2011, 09:23 am »
Hi its me owenmills!
Im sort of new and the descripcion of how to request to be a mod to me is a bit confusing!
Can u sighn me up?

Offline benisaewsome

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • HiiPower
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2011, 10:19 am »
Anyone who is not a recruiter and has posted in this thread after my comment has their first warning. From now on, anyone who posts will be banned. Please.
Most people stop for signs, but I've driven through it
If it don't touch my soul, then I can't listen to it
The radio don't play the splode I used to love
Or maybe I'm just growing up
I never seen a star on a red rug
If I wanna see a stars I just look above

To the heavens

Offline ckmbud

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • My main Youtube Channel (I dont make videos on it though)
« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2011, 02:41 pm »
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 02:41 pm by ckmbud »
I am not that active but there's a narwhal behind you!

Goals for the future:
-Get Editor
-Get Soldier
-Be more active!

Offline starwarsfan316

• Mortar
  • Strong we are... with the force! Hmmm?
    • View Profile
    • Starwarsfan316 Forums
« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2011, 03:28 pm »
1. I'm Starwarsfan316

2. I've been on the main site for about 14 months and forums since Aug 12th 2011.

3. A MSM is a user who enforces the laws and has the power to warn, ban, delete inappropiate graphics, delete awards, delete bad or offensive messages, solve hacking cases, recover games (only sometimes), and if are approved can recruit other MSMs. Before taking on the duty and receiving the badge though you must plege your loyalty and honor to the MSMs including Geoff himself.

4. The reasons I'd like you to vouch for me is because I know I can handle the duty, I have never been banned before (I have only been warned once because I spammed a little), because I've been voted on before (obviously I got denied), I don't have ANY of the three badges, and I wish to be respected more by the other MSMs (especially Geoff).
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 03:29 pm by starwarsfan316 »

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2011, 03:35 pm »
Posted By: starwarsfan3161. I'm Starwarsfan316

2. I've been on the main site for about 14 months and forums since Aug 12th 2011.

3. A MSM is a user who enforces the laws and has the power to warn, ban, delete inappropiate graphics, delete awards, delete bad or offensive messages, solve hacking cases, recover games (only sometimes), and if are approved can recruit other MSMs. Before taking on the duty and receiving the badge though you must plege your loyalty and honor to the MSMs including Geoff himself.

4. The reasons I'd like you to vouch for me is because I know I can handle the duty, I have never been banned before (I have only been warned once because I spammed a little), because I've been voted on before (obviously I got denied), I don't have ANY of the three badges, and I wish to be respected more by the other MSMs (especially Geoff).

Posted By: benisaewsomeAnyone who is not a recruiter and has posted in this thread after my comment has their first warning. From now on, anyone who posts will be banned. Please.
Really? Can you not read? Banned for 2 weeks once the recruitment starts again.

Just telling people not to post is getting pointless. We should just close this thread for the time being.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline jet50

• Speeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2011, 06:56 pm »
username:jet50

i have been on the mainsite for 8 months and ive been on the forums since May 19th 2011.

a MSM is a user who protects Sploder and keeps it free from spam, bad users, inappropiate graphics, bad or offensive comments, and can recover games that were deleted by the creator. they also have the ability to warn other users, and ban them if they do something bad.

you should vouch me, because even though i am not a MSM, i tell users to stop spamming. i have never been banned, and i think can handle the job and not fool around with it. i also report anything bad.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 07:10 pm by jet50 »
HELL YEAH SON :D

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2011, 07:39 pm »
Posted By: jet50username:jet50

i have been on the mainsite for 8 months and ive been on the forums since May 19th 2011.

a MSM is a user who protects Sploder and keeps it free from spam, bad users, inappropiate graphics, bad or offensive comments, and can recover games that were deleted by the creator. they also have the ability to warn other users, and ban them if they do something bad.

you should vouch me, because even though i am not a MSM, i tell users to stop spamming. i have never been banned, and i think can handle the job and not fool around with it. i also report anything bad.

-__-  Do you not read?  Banned for 2 weeks.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline moolatycoon

• The Golden King
  • Bugmeister
  • Self Esteem Points: 95
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2011, 09:08 pm »
Imma get more active here now.

Offline Vinniepaz

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • I hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2011, 09:45 pm »
Wow, a lot has happened, I just want to announce it because benis has not, just want to let you all know when this place is accepting people again I will be a recruiter :D

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 01, 2012, 04:08 am »
Posted By: jet50EDITED: never mind.

....Yeah whispering it to me was not a good idea. You should have whispered it to yourself instead. Sorry.

Offline pokemonplayer2

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 01, 2012, 01:01 pm »
Oh I get what he meant now, sorry. I misunderstood.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 01:23 pm by pokemonplayer2 »

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #131 on: January 01, 2012, 01:15 pm »
@pokemonplayer2

Posted By: benisaewsomeAnyone who is not a recruiter and has posted in this thread after my comment has their first warning. From now on, anyone who posts will be banned. Please.
This means you, too, poke.

Somebody, please, close this thread or move it to the barracks until we are ready to start recruiting again.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline pokemonplayer2

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 01, 2012, 01:21 pm »
Posted By: superluigi77@pokemonplayer2

Somebody, please, close this thread or move it to the barracks until we are ready to start recruiting again.
Vinnie said we can post again...

Offline benisaewsome

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • HiiPower
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 01, 2012, 01:28 pm »
When I said no one post, I meant no one post. Even recruiters.

To the heavens

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2012, 01:36 pm »
Posted By: pokemonplayer2
Posted By: superluigi77@pokemonplayer2

Vinnie said we can post again...
No, he didn't.

Posted By: benisaewsomeWhen I said no one post, I meant no one post. Even recruiters.
That means you can't either. Btw, do the sensible thing and move this to the barracks for the time being.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline michael7310

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 01, 2012, 05:13 pm »
My user name is Michael7310

How long have i been on fourms: 1 year

How long have i been on the main site: 3 years

What is an msm's job: It is about making sure no one gets bullyed and make sure that no one hacks the website.

Every msm must be nice to all members on sploder.com all msm must respect everyone and i mean EVERYONE they can

not give speacial treatment to other members and they can not be mean to any member or bully any member.

You should vouch me becuase: I am very very happy, I am funny, I am not rude, I do not bully people,  trust me I am

respetfull and people can trust me.

my dream job is to be a msm

i am 9 i am really really really good at computers my friends at school when they need help they shout Michael!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 05:32 pm by michael7310 »

Offline myownself

• Centipede
  • My-Own-Self
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 01, 2012, 07:35 pm »
Posted By: michael7310My user name is Michael7310

How long have i been on fourms: 1 year

How long have i been on the main site: 3 years

What is an msm's job: It is about making sure no one gets bullyed and make sure that no one hacks the website.

Every msm must be nice to all members on sploder.com all msm must respect everyone and i mean EVERYONE they can

not give speacial treatment to other members and they can not be mean to any member or bully any member.

You should vouch me becuase: I am very very happy, I am funny, I am not rude, I do not bully people,  trust me I am

respetfull and people can trust me.

my dream job is to be a msm

i am 9 i am really really really good at computers my friends at school when they need help they shout Michael!!!!!!!

Banned for 2 weeks.
Aspiring Filmmaker...

Offline tombrady1fan

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 02, 2012, 11:05 am »
1 tombrady1fan

2 I've been on the mainsite for about 2 years and been on the forums since June 2011

3 MSM reposibilities are warning, banning, and deleting members for breaking the rules and regulations of Sploder. Also trying to keep hackers away from hacking Sploder. They keep players from post racist, hurtful  or using profanity in there comments.

4 You should vouch me because I will enforce the rules of sploder with all my power. Also I have never been banned. Last I now the mainsite fairly well since I have been here awile.

Thank you for your time.

Offline deathleaf

• Electropede
  • I am Pie lover guy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 02, 2012, 01:19 pm »
Posted By: tombrady1fan1 tombrady1fan

2 I've been on the mainsite for about 2 years and been on the forums since June 2011

3 MSM reposibilities are warning, banning, and deleting members for breaking the rules and regulations of Sploder. Also trying to keep hackers away from hacking Sploder. They keep players from post racist, hurtful  or using profanity in there comments.

4 You should vouch me because I will enforce the rules of sploder with all my power. Also I have never been banned. Last I now the mainsite fairly well since I have been here awile.

Thank you for your time.

About 8 posts above you 2 members just got banned because they did what you did -_- READ!

Banned for 2 weeks.

Offline YoungCaliman

• Centipede
  • I THINK IM FUNNEH
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 02, 2012, 02:07 pm »
Closed for the time being. Please inform me in a private message when you want this to be re-opened again. I can see many members are having trouble reading posts above them, and luigi has requested the close.
It's good to be Young.

Offline benisaewsome

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • HiiPower
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2012, 11:04 am »
Hello everyone,
Again I must apologize for the temporary close, but now I am pleased to say it is back and better than ever. The head moderator staff has been discussing a new rule, as you may have read, and just recently was it approved. It is relatively important, so please take the time to read this.

Junior Moderators

There was a lot of talk that just the application and voting was too easy to pass, and that the test should be brought back. Although you applicants may not like it, the test has returned, but in a new way. Most of the system is the same; you get vouched, go to voting, and if you pass, you get sent the test. This test will either deny you (low score), accept you (high score), or now make you a junior moderator (average score). The junior moderator has less powers that a normal mod; one can warn, flag, moderate graphics, and restore games. Banning, IP banning, and the hack log are not available. This allows the moderator recruiters to see if that person is worthy of the full powers, or not worthy at all.

Take note that your application will not change at all, and the same overall rules for the thread apply. As always, any questions regarding this new system are to be whispered to superluigi or me. I appreciate your patience,

Benisaewsome
Chief Moderator Recruiter

To the heavens

Offline Queen Probe

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Don't want to be that guy
    • View Profile
    • Like my Facebook page!
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2012, 11:15 am »
1. probe5
2. 7 months ago for forums; 7 months ago for main site.
3. A moderator is an important user who maintains and protects the mainsite. They give their all to follow all the rules and ban the people who don't. The punishment can be a warning, a ban, an IP ban or a perma ban which makes them unable to make comments or awards.
4. You should give me the test because I have the experience of a moderator. I know what a moderator does and I'm a moderator at many sites and a good one too. I'm just irritated to see all the Ms people breaking the rules especially on my or my friend's pages and I want to help protect the site for the better.

Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 11:16 am by probe5 »

Offline casper11

• Caspurr
  • Bugmeister
  • My cat is badass
    • View Profile
    • DeCAPS
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2012, 11:27 am »
1. Casper11

2. About 3 months; Approximately 2 years

3. An MSM's job is to keep the users of the mainsite safe, to punish offenders fairly and to try their best to keep spoder clear of profanity of all kinds. They have to use reason and judgement to make it possible for people of all ages to continue to enjoy sploder. An MSM is important and can help in everything between the event of hacking and a case of spamvertising; 2 very different things, with varying levels of severity, that, nontheless, are both dealt with by MSMs.

4. You should vouch for me because, despite having been warned before, I feel I have matured a lot recently and would like to give something back to the site that has added so much to my life. I am very active on sploder and would be extremely dedictaed to enforcing the rules; keeping a firm hand while not being overly harsh.

Thankyou for reading.
Boo

Offline Egnite

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2012, 12:12 pm »
name: Egnite
forums: 1 year
ms: 2 years

why vouch for me?

Well, because I'm a loyal and trust-worthly member. I will obide by the Sploder rules and always do as told. I am a very nice person to get on with but when people cyber bully I'm always there to help. I am an active member and I aleays try to the best of my abilities.

what is a MsM job?

A MsM job is to keep sploder a Safe and tidy place. Sploder is a place to make your own games, not to hack, swear, ect, and a moderator must prevent this from happening.

hopefully I have convinced you that I could be a good MsM!

-Egnite

Offline GameDesignerX

• Launcher
  • I'm back! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2012, 12:20 pm »
Name: GameDesignerX

Been on sploder for: 3-4 months

forums: 3 weeks
MSM: Being an MSM is like being a Police Officer, it's your duty to keep Sploder safe, fare and fun. If someone does something wrong it's your duty to take action not just say "Oh, I don't think he'll do it again so I just leave it". NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's your duty to take care of the problem, whether it's a warning or a ban it's your responsibility to take care of the problem to make sure Sploder is as safe as possible.

You should vouch for me because I know that I can keep Sploder a fun and safe place. Be coming a MSM would just be an honor for me and would make me want to STOP anything that was wrong with Sploder. I know that I can keep Sploder safe and fun forever. I will make sure all the rules are followed on Sploder and if there not followed then I'll give the right punishment for it.

Thankyou.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 12:23 pm by GameDesignerX »

Offline pokemonplayer2

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2012, 01:17 pm »
1. Username: Pokemonplayer2

2. Forums: 4 months.; MS: 4 months.

3. A moderator's job is to observe users doing these: acting inappropriate, spamming pages, swearing, hacking, acting racial, etc. Those are reasons why users/members get warned, are banned, can't make games, can't make awards, can't comment, etc. It's because a mod has come and done the punishment. The members would get mad about this, but, as they say, they need to learn their lesson. Moderators also ban IPs if someone is continuing to act inappropriate, or the things I listed above. Then they won't be able to do that anymore. They also can't make alts. Moderators also check for hacking. Hacking is a situation where it really can't be identified, even by looking at the hack log and using the IP checker. You will have to investigate deeply. A good tool to use is the Message Center. You can see all their messages to see how they are. It's a good thing to use for investigation.

4. You should vouch to me because I take my responsibilities carefully. I want to help Sploder for everyone in it. I will never abuse my powers as a mod. I will always to the correct thing to a user. I will always help a fellow mod out with a task too. I will never do any spamming or things like that I listed just because I am a moderator. I am smart enough to know that if I do those, consequences could be taken off my role. I will never let that happen. I act responsible. And if I am arguing with a user because I have punished him/her somehow, I will be calm about. This is why you should vouch to me.

The small, lovely hamster,
Pokemonplayer2.

Offline stormbolt

• Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2012, 01:29 pm »
Name: Stormbolt

Time here: MS=3 months, forums 2 months and a few days.

Moderator: A person that helps members on sploder with problems like getting cyber-bullied, harassed. Etc. Someone who helps sort out MS problems like spamming, flaming, inappropriate content etc. I thinks MSM’s must be fair, mature and reliable/honest. A moderator can ban/Ip ban which makes the members unable to make comments or awards. A warning is a message that stays on your page for a certain amount of time that is giving the member a warning. A MSM can also Ip check, try to restore games and perma-ban. To sum it up a MSM must get members to stick to the rules of sploder.

Why you should vouch for me?: There are a few reasons why I think you should vouch for me , firstly I am very honest/reliable, Secondly I have what I believe is the right motive to become a mod which is to make sploder safe and fun. Thirdly I believe I will make a fair judgement when the time comes to. I often feel sorry for members who get harassed and feel unsafe and a part of the moderators job is to help those people. I am quite active and sometimes inappropriate messages etc. slip through the cracks.I have got to admit that a bit of power would be nice but I would never abuse it.I hope to help sploder maintain a safe fun environment for all users.I believe I understand basic Moderation. Just to add I will be fast to act on important situations.Thank you for your time.

[EDITED]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 10:19 am by stormbolt »

Offline Lovepaw

• Disruptor
  • SpongeBob SquarePants! :D
    • View Profile
    • PawForumz
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2012, 02:36 pm »
1. Lovepaw
2. Forums: 6 months, 26 days;Mainsite: 6 months, 29 days

3. - A Main-Site Moderator has an Important job! A Main Site Moderator helps make Sploder a Clean safe site, young or old. They can view the hack log, reported comments, etc. Main-Site Moderators can help out in situations like Spamming, bypassing, hacking, bulling, Flame wars, etc. Also, they can restore games! The types of punishments are warning,banning, IP Ban, and Perma ban! If you get warned, a message will pop up on your page, with a message! If you get banned, you can't make Awards or comments, but you can make games! IP banning, when this happens you can't log on from a certain place you were banned from! Perma-Ban, you can't log on from that account! A Moderators job is important!

4. Why should you vouch for me? First off, I successfully know the powers of being a Msm, and under any circumstance, I'll  promise to never abuse my powers! I understand what to do when a user flames, spams, etc. Whenever I come upon inappropriate post, I immediately report it! I will be active everyday, which can help alot! I'll punish those immediately who don't follow the rules! My judgmental skills are fine, and If they aren't in a situation, I'll ask for other Moderators opinion. I would never forgot to Un-ban a user, I would make myself a private thread when they got banned and how long! I want Sploder to be a sucessfull kid-friendly site for all ages, no matter what happens!

Your Kitteh Kat,
Lovepaw
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 08:54 pm by Lovepaw »

Offline al3xhw

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Legend speaks of a being that bounced to success..
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2012, 03:07 pm »
1. AlexHW
2. MS= 2 years, Forums= 1 year

3. An MSM is a very important job that requires a steady eye. You must be able to see things on different profiles and games and look regularly to see if anyone is in need, or in need of BANNING. They are helpful and meaningful and will always study a situation carefully before plunging in and taking action. You must be required to come online often and check all messages carefully to ensure no cyber-bullying, blackmailing spam hasn't been dealt. It is probably the hardest job of all.

4. I am posting on a mission to help the sploder community, but before I start, I am going to clarify 1 thing first. I am not Al3xHW, I am known as alexhw on the Mainsite. And as a member who has reached level 250, not by friends, or making a ton of games (which I used to do mind you), but by gaining respect and true friendship through game making. Which is also an important feature in being a Moderator. An example of a good and friendly moderator would be liamnight to me, for he is a committed member who always talks to you and is an accomplished member of sploder. If I can reach his standard, I will know I am doing well. The most important issue for me though can be found not only in the farthest reaches of hacking and abuse, but close by in the areas where people are probably at most uncomfortable. Cyber-Bullying. I am strange in a way that I check some people's accounts that don't get checked first glance and I see things that make me almost ashamed. No wonder they hide in the shadows with their perfectly good game-making skills. I saw an account that I'll leave anonymous. Their posts were constituted with only one thing. THREATS. I reported every post, but if they were brought justice I'll never know. As a result, that member has said he'd leave due to this website being "splode" in some way, but I know that is not the case. I will be sure to stop all threats, bypassing and any form of cyber bullying on sploder with efficiency and ruthlessness, for I know sploder does not deserve members who with do such things as that member suffered so badly. And that is why I want to be a moderator.

Thank you.
AlexHW.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:29 am by al3xhw »
VOTE:

Offline dookiecookie

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2012, 03:46 pm »
Hello! My name is Dookiecookie. I have been on the Main site for 7 month's. I joined the Forums around October 10th 2011. A Main Site Moderators job is to help protect the Main Site from such thing's as Spam, Hate messages, Inappropriate Graphics and games, hacking, and e.t.c. If a Moderator finds any of these things they are able to ban, give warning's, ban from award making, or even IP ban on special occasions. I think you should vouch for me because I come on Sploder a lot, I am 13 years old and I think older kids are more responsible and experienced then younger users, I see lot's of hate messages, and inappropriate graphics. I wish to protect Sploder.com and make this website a better place for it's users. Thank you.