Author Topic: Mainsite Moderator Recruitment [MSM]  (Read 6854 times)

Offline FadingEmber

• Disruptor
  • Throwback 😊
    • View Profile
Mainsite Moderator Recruitment [MSM]
« Reply #1170 on: July 29, 2012, 02:52 pm »
1. Firetrolik

2. 2 years on the main site, 1 year on the forums

3. A moderator possesses the abilities to IP check users, view the hack log, restore accidentally deleted games, moderate graphics, issue bans and warnings, prohibit writing comments plus sending awards, view reported posts and such. Moderator's tend to entitle themselves as the defenders and upholders of the rules, which includes the terms of service as an additional task. Moderator's make sure that a majority of the rules are followed by every user. IP checking may be necessary upon another users request, to checking if a user is attempting to evade a ban. The hack log consists of any accounts logged on by a different IP adress, moderators see who was trying to hack who there. Moderators have the powers to exclude graphics from the site if they are unnecessary for any reason. Reported posts can also be viewed by moderators and further examined. Bans come to a certain extent of short ban to perma/IP ban, however multiple warnings should be issued first unless the incident is serious, which disables the user to make awards and comments.

4. I believe you should vouch for me because I've been here long enough to handle this, I can take this. I will go easy on most people on the main site, especially the younger ones. If I see a user disobeying the rules minorly, I will kindly ask them to stop their behaviour and tell them what they did wrong. On continous offences, I will issue multiple warnings, informing the user of their inappropriate behaviour and what will happen if they don't stop. At the final degree, I will issue a ban to the user for the appropriate time period, hoping that after the ban expires the user will mature. However, if I spot a user asking another user for s&x or any other types of severe material, a permaban will take place. For minor offences I will issue multiple warnings, for moderate and continous offences I will issue a ban around 1 week long, and for major offences I will bypass warning and head for the ban. I will make my efforts to keep the main site clean of any unsuitable material, and a safe place.

Thank you for reading,
~Firetrolik

Offline moolatycoon

• The Golden King
  • Bugmeister
  • Self Esteem Points: 95
    • View Profile
Re: Mainsite Moderator Recruitment [MSM]
« Reply #1171 on: July 30, 2012, 05:56 pm »
Seeing as we have gained a hell of a lot more room, and seeing as we cannot thank anymore, I think it would be best if people applied like they would reviewer and we accept them manually.

Offline Gt

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 31, 2012, 12:25 am »
1. gt7911

2. 1 year on ms, 1 year on forums

3. A moderators resposability is to look over sploder, to make sure nothing innapropriate happens. If a moderator comes across a user that is spamming, swearing or flamming they should at least send a warning or consider a ban appeal. Moderators also have the ability to view the hack log for recent ms hacks. Moderators can then deal with the hack and choose wether to deal with it.

4. I should be vouched on because I am kind, caring and I would like to make a positive difference to sploder so thay it becomes a nicer place for all.

Offline rediculous

• Speeder
  • - Respect, Loyalty -
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 31, 2012, 02:02 am »
1. Rediculous.

2. ~1 year and a month on the forums; ~1 years and two months on the main site.

3. The job of an MSM are users who actively look around the Scratch Website, helping out new users and moderating different areas, including the main site and the Scratch Forums. They have moderator status in the Scratch Forums and a sufficient amount of power outside the forums to handle disrespectful comments, flagging inappropriate projects, and so on. MSM's are very important too a team, and they will keep things organized and put in outstanding order.

4. The reason that I should be vouched for is because I understand the job requirements and qualifications. I believe that I am the person that sploder is looking for, I do have my past, where I've been a moderator on Runescape Private Servers, FPS Servers, etc I am 14 Years old I am a mature kid, who has the courage too make Sploder be at the top. I also should be vouched because once I am moderator I am sure of it I will promote Sploder's Features and gain their chances too being at the top higher. You should also vouch me because I have all the abilities you're looking for and I have a great motivation for this gaming community's growth.
My answer for this question in the main part is you should vouch me because I have a good attitude and work skills, I'm willing to work with your community and also willing to contribute to the growth of your website. Tell me what you desire of an MSM for the position, and i'll do it, or be honest if i can't. I am here to get the job, not to waste your valuable time (sir or ma'am). I'm always here, so if you may put me into your considerations.

Thank you, Rediculous.
~ Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. ~

Offline Bahamut

• 🍆Ecchi Enthusiast🍆
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • dont look at my 2013 crap unless u want cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 31, 2012, 10:00 am »
Yo, It's me Dragonoid350.
Years been on Mainsite: 3 years
Years been on forum: Haven't been on forum for 2 years until I became 1 year younger than thirteen.
You see, a moderator is someone who does his job of warning,  IP and banning for a certain period of time, moderating comments and awards, restoring games, hack spams with spam hacking robots! But the most important of all, They enforce the rules together and stop sploder members from breaking the terms of use! I've been waiting for this moment. It's been my lifelong dream to be a mod. Every time when I come on sploder I see bad sploder members swearing and bypassing. Mod powers Do't work on the forums, but only on the mainsite. Vouch me and we, together, will make sploder an age appropriate. Another reason, I have been on sploder for over a year and I know the rules extremely well, don't forget I browse the MS alot.

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • :8-/
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 31, 2012, 02:02 pm »
My username is master106.

I have been on the main site for 8 months.
I have been on the forums for 3 months.

A moderators job is to clean up the dirt on sploder to make sploder tidy.
A moderator makes sploder a clean/tidy place and a non-inappropriate place.
A great place.

If you vouch for me I'll do the mod's job to clean up sploder and to make it a better place to be. ;)
Mastur Anthony Wunnuhsix

MOTY:
Weirdest Member 2014 and 2018
4th-Place Nice Member 2016

Soldier Promo - Apr 15, 2015
M Rank - May 7, 2015
R Rank - Oct 4, 2015

Offline tedbear2

• Disruptor
  • You have done well, young grasshopper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 31, 2012, 03:47 pm »
Hello, tedbear2 back again.
I've been on the MS for a full year and the Forums a/o October, 2011.
The job of an MSM is to keep both the Forums and Mainsite a child-safe and friendly place to be. They have access to many extra features of sploder including the Hack Log and banning members. They have the power to delete graphics, comments, and flag games so they can be analysed by Geoff for deletion, as well as ban/warn members.

I think I should be vouched for because I'm a well-educated member in the topic of how Sploder works. I'm not new here, I know my way around and know many members. I should be a Moderator because I won't try to be a God or a King to the normal members, nor will I use my Banning powers in an abusive way to win arguments. I know the terms of service, and am sensible, trustworthy and a member who won't just ban people for the smallest thing, just because I can. I have never, ever broken the rules and been sent to a negative rank such as PoW, etc. I think I'm deserving of the Badge, and will wear it with pride if I so happen to obtain it.

I understand if I'm not ready for the badge. Thank you for your time reading this application.
Now that's agreed, join my Forum: www.splodgeforums.proboards.com

And now a word from our sponsors;

Offline cmdbxx

• Launcher
  • Sit down, relax. You're welcome.
    • View Profile
    • donforumz
« Reply #1177 on: August 01, 2012, 04:26 pm »
Seeing as we have gained a hell of a lot more room, and seeing as we cannot thank anymore, I think it would be best if people applied like they would reviewer and we accept them manually.
Good idea.
╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝

Offline moolatycoon

• The Golden King
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 01, 2012, 05:05 pm »
Ben, Luigi and I are going to come up with a new system. All applications are ignored for the time being and it seems that they may become irrelevant in the future. No need to post applications anymore unless further instructed too.

Offline FadingEmber

• Disruptor
  • Throwback 😊
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 01, 2012, 06:14 pm »
Ben, Luigi and I are going to come up with a new system. All applications are ignored for the time being and it seems that they may become irrelevant in the future. No need to post applications anymore unless further instructed too.

Fair enough

Offline peterzhang1

• Disruptor
  • Barney is my enemy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: August 01, 2012, 11:15 pm »
So should we copy and paste our applications in different threads?

Offline peterzhang1

• Disruptor
  • Barney is my enemy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 01, 2012, 11:15 pm »
I mean in our application threads?

Offline Rubber Ducky

• 2013 me really had a taste for usernames
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 02, 2012, 04:17 am »
But I'm still being voted in The Barracks. I mean, does that count? lol

Offline bijesnazaba

• Mainsite Employee
  • Launcher
  • Go go go Grosjean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 02, 2012, 05:01 am »
OK i did but i haven't got ideas. Forgive me that  :'(  :'(
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:04 am by bijesnazaba »
Join ARS, we need more members. :)) :)) Please. Look at this cool driver below:

Isn't he fenomenal!

Offline moolatycoon

• The Golden King
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 02, 2012, 12:03 pm »
But I'm still being voted in The Barracks. I mean, does that count? lol

Depends.
So should we copy and paste our applications in different threads?

No, wait for further instruction.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #1185 on: August 02, 2012, 04:24 pm »
That being said there is no longer any need for this thread to remain open.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #1186 on: August 02, 2012, 04:27 pm »
Also, do not post you applications anywhere else.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #1187 on: August 21, 2012, 01:40 am »
Since it is apparently not clear I will say it again: The MSM Recruitment is currently closed. DO NOT TRY TO APPLY HERE OR ANYWHERE ELSE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

Please be patient. We are working hard to get the new system in place. We are just having some unexpected difficulties.
The Boogeyman is Coming.