Author Topic: The Reviewer Recruitment [READ THE FIRST PAGE HERE BEFORE DOING ANYTHING IN THIS CATEGORY]  (Read 12937 times)

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
Posted By: jet50I was NEVER told if I was accpted or declined.

Well, you could try this thing called "Bumping", I've looked at your application and you haven't posted in it for a WHOLE MONTH. How doy ou think the recruiters are going to FIND IT? Do you have any idea how busy they are and how many people have posted in there's recently so yours has sunk down? Gawd, just bump it. Meaning if you look at Reviewer Lane on the Discussions page and you can't see it, generally recruiters won't either, so post in it so it comes up.

Posted By: jet50 -_____-

That won't help you, you know?
#WCGP

Jaggertoo

Posted By: jet50I was NEVER told if I was accpted or declined. -_____-

Why the long face? And people have waited longer than you. So stfu. I w

Offline avatar1097

• Mortar
How DO you apply? I dont understand. Well, all I dont understand is when you say 'review the game' to apply. I dont know how to do that
Sorry. [Ignore this, I feel stupid now I know]
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:18 pm by avatar1097 »

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
^ *Facepalm*, YOU REVIEW A GAME. If you still don't understand, read MS Reviews and Applications before coming here and asking an obvious question.
#WCGP

Jaggertoo

Posted By: jackjoshseb^ *Facepalm*,

He didn't understand... Problem?

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
Yes, I have a problem Jag. Can you just stop picking at everything about me? If you weren't being such a brat, and try reading the rest of it, not just read the first few words, read my whole post and get back to me on that one >.>

Thank you, I actually helped Avatar a little in the post to, and it didn't involve you, so don't
jump in when you have no idea.
#WCGP

Jaggertoo

Lol I was only joking dude. I know, he must be stupid not to know how to write a review, but, nvm. Lets go back on topic nao.

Offline mrezman

• Heavy Cruiser
  • (╯ಠ益ಠ)╯彡 ┻━┻
About how long should a review be? And how should we make the title?

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
Mrezman

About 700-1100 would suit Swallowthesun's standards, but I think 1100-1400 would be plenty. Honestly, just remember quality over quantity, and a review application should probably be more then 1 post, it should take up about 2, a good length.

Name the title what the game is, or what the game makes you think of.
#WCGP

Jaggertoo

Posted By: mrezmanAbout how long should a review be? And how should we make the title?

Between 700-1100 is a decent amount.

Offline Parry

• #Paramedic
  • Centipede
  • All hail the Pony Queen!
Posted By: jackjoshseba review application should probably be more then 1 post, it should take up about 2, a good length.
A review can have good length without taking up two posts, and most of the time people don't use up the space of their first post but have two anyway. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend taking two posts up unless you're actually hitting the character limit.
the rainbows
they are coming
they can not be stopped

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
Yeah, but I found when I was writing Reviews I always hit the Character limit and was forced to cut and paste some into a second post, but you're right.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 06:13 am by jackjoshseb »
#WCGP

Offline superluigifan123

• Guard
  • A crazy Muffin. Like...
Posted By: jackjoshsebMrezman

About 700-1100 would suit Swallowthesun's standards, but I think 1100-1400 would be plenty. Honestly, just remember quality over quantity, and a review application should probably be more then 1 post, it should take up about 2, a good length.

Posted By: Jaggertoo
Posted By: mrezmanAbout how long should a review be? And how should we make the title?

Between 700-1100 is a decent amount.

700-1100 Words? Really People? You have got to be kidding me. (**Does a FacePalm.**) You people know that It doesn't matter how long the review is. As long as its a great review, but I'm just saying. I am not messing with the rules. Also, As my teacher would say, It doesn't matter how long your writing is, as long as its BETTER.

kthxbai.

Im a Ninja Tryin to eatz teh snowflakez. :P*

Offline Parry

• #Paramedic
  • Centipede
Posted By: superluigifan123

About700-1100would suit Swallowthesun's standards, but I think 1100-1400 would be plenty. Honestly, just remember quality over quantity, and a review application should probably be more then 1 post, it should take up about 2, a good length.

Between700-1100is a decent amount.

700-1100Words? Really People? You have got to be kidding me. (**Does a FacePalm.**) You people know that It doesn't matter how long the review is. As long as its a great review, but I'm just saying. I am not messing with the rules. Also, As my teacher would say, It doesn't matter how long your writing is, as long as itsBETTER.

kthxbai.
That's a good point you have there, but length, as well as quality, is important for reviews. We don't want to be accepting reviews that can be read in seconds, but likewise we don't want reviews to be boringly long. Good quality must coexist with good length to create a great review.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 05:21 pm by paradon »
the rainbows
they are coming
they can not be stopped

Offline Jediknightkrazy1

• /
  • Disruptor
  • /
Posted By: paradon

About700-1100would suit Swallowthesun's standards, but I think 1100-1400 would be plenty. Honestly, just remember quality over quantity, and a review application should probably be more then 1 post, it should take up about 2, a good length.

700-1100Words? Really People? You have got to be kidding me. (**Does a FacePalm.**) You people know that It doesn't matter how long the review is. As long as its a great review, but I'm just saying. I am not messing with the rules. Also, As my teacher would say, It doesn't matter how long your writing is, as long as itsBETTER.

kthxbai.
That's a good point you have there, but length, as well as quality, is important for reviews. We don't want to be accepting reviews that can be read in seconds, but likewise we don't want reviews to be boringly long. Good quality must coexist with good length to create a great review.

Does it matter what kind of game you're reviewing that might affect the amount of "review" you can get out of it to write?
/

Offline Parry

• #Paramedic
  • Centipede
Posted By: Wackyy

kthxbai.

Does it matter what kind of game you're reviewing that might affect the amount of "review" you can get out of it to write?
Well as expected, you'll have more to talk about if the game is long, and less if it's short. What's more important, though, is the reviewer actually writing what he or she can about a particular game.

Obviously games like 'Glass of Coke' shouldn't actually be reviewed. That would just be stupid.
the rainbows
they are coming
they can not be stopped

Offline Champ154

• Mortar

Offline patelio03

• Bugmeister
  • Splatter is happiness, happiness is darkness.
I luv Splatter. Nuff' Said.

Offline Parry

• #Paramedic
  • Centipede
Moolatycoon is joining the awesome ranks of our recruiters as a replacement for Staylor. Yay.
the rainbows
they are coming
they can not be stopped

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
Yay, lol.
#WCGP

Offline wally16

• Turret
How to Fly without a Jetpack
By Singo1999

How to fly without a jet pack is cool but it is sort of weird because all it is is pressing start and it does it for you.
I dont know why it got 1800 views but it did so it doesnt matter

Awesomness:
6/10
Difficulty:
1/10
Rating:
7/10

Please accept my interview

http://www.sploder.com/games/members/singo1999/play/how-to-fly-without-a-jetpack-2/

Offline Parry

• #Paramedic
  • Centipede
Posted By: wally16How to Fly without a Jetpack
By Singo1999

How to fly without a jet pack is cool but it is sort of weird because all it is is pressing start and it does it for you.

Awesomness:
6/10
Difficulty:
1/10
Rating:
7/10

http://www.sploder.com/games/members/singo1999/play/how-to-fly-without-a-jetpack-2/
I don't think you read the first post of this thread. Banned for a month.
the rainbows
they are coming
they can not be stopped

Offline dcmoney9

• Speeder
Posted By: wally16How to Fly without a Jetpack
By Singo1999

Awesomness:
6/10
Difficulty:
1/10
Rating:
7/10

I don't think you read the first post of this thread. Banned for a month.
Thankful People:Thebluefire2011

Paradon, I made a new thread featuring my review, k?

Offline sceptilesdad

• Turret
i wanna be riviewer please

Offline neurosis

• Launcher
@Sceptilesdad Then read the rules. ._.

Offline Parry

• #Paramedic
  • Centipede
Okkeny is now a recruiter, yay.
the rainbows
they are coming
they can not be stopped

Offline mhutti1

• Cruiser
paradon can your next application two weeks after the previous one was denied or two weeks after you posted the previous one?

Offline Queen Probe

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Don't want to be that guy
    • Like my Facebook page!
Posted By: paradonOkkeny is now a recruiter, yay.

Well 3 boos for him then. >:) Kidding of course.

Offline Egnite

• Disruptor
I have been accepted but moola has not added me to the todo list. Will you do it?

Offline GFz Ponies

• Disruptor
  • Magical Ponies
Posted By: EgniteI have been accepted but moola has not added me to the todo list. Will you do it?

Moolah has dude.
xEddge