Author Topic: Passwords and What to Do If Your Account Is Hacked  (Read 2102 times)

Offline geoff

• Administrator
  • Mortar
Passwords and What to Do If Your Account Is Hacked
« on: October 28, 2011, 01:47 pm »
All,

If someone else gets access to your account and changes your password, please contact me via the contact form. The link to the contact form is at the bottom of every page on the main site. Please enter the original e-mail address that you signed up with in the contact form.

If you signed up and did not enter your real e-mail address, then there is absolutely nothing I can do to restore access. So, double check your account now and make sure your e-mail address is up to date!

Also, please choose a good password! Here's some pointers:

1. Don't choose a password that is the same as your username.
2. Don't choose an easily-guessable sequence of numbers, like 12345678, or 88888888.
3. Don't user your real name as your password. People who know you can easily guess that.

Thanks,
Geoff

Offline Jagger

• Swords-Man Zoro
  • Centipede
    • My Youtube :)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 01:51 pm »
Okay Geoff.

Offline plz i fan

• Deding nubs since 2013
  • Centipede
  • Shawn's girlfriend
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 01:53 pm »
@geoff, this will also help newbies :DDD Lol jk.
But in all seriousness, good guide/thread.
I'm gonna piggy the splode out of your toes.
"I own you."

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • Best of Youtube
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 04:33 pm »
For people who are lazy or do not know of it's existence, use this form if you've forgotten your password on the Main Site. Remember, if you didn't sign up with an email address that you actually have access to then this will not work, unfortunately.

Posted By: geoffIf you signed up and did not enter your real e-mail address, then there is absolutely nothing I can do to restore access.
One thing you can do if lose access to your account and you didn't use a real email address is to simply attempt to create the fake email address that you used. This will not work, however, if the email provider you gave (The name that comes after the "@" in your email address) doesn't actually exist. Odds are this solution won't work but it is worth a try.
The Boogeyman is Coming.