Author Topic: Luigi's Advice to Make Your Reviews Better. (Read This if You Want to be a Reviewer!)  (Read 10314 times)

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
#WCGP

Offline alexrobert

• Mortar
  • I am a war veteran
    • View Profile
    • inventions rentables
make a review is impossible for a lot of people (me also) because we can't speak english very well =(             ='(
my profile:

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Posted By: alexrobertmake a review is impossible for a lot of people (me also) because we can't speak English very well =(             ='(
I'm sorry. I really am. I'll see if I can do something about the language barrier. Until then just do your very best.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline vaporeon

• Mortar
    • View Profile
Did I pass...

Offline NPC

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • I'm a fish.
    • View Profile
I posted a review, but the mouse Im using doesn't allow me to copy and paste. Could you look at it? It's called "(Applicant) Supersonic Kaboom" or something like that.

Offline Ryan Lewis

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
Hello This Is SMR [Sportsdude104 Miracle Reviews] I Will Be Reviewing Birds And The Bees By Sceptile

Review:

I'm going to start off by saying a few good things. First on my mind is the way that you actually have a story-line and you actually play as those included in the the story-line. All of that is well-done. Then there's the way that colors actually mix. This is only the second out of 6 games that I've reviewed that actually has a good color mix. Anyway the out-line used is always the same and easy to understand. The outline is also the puffy one, meaning that your judge-ment of where the block actually is is put off. Good try but that didn't put me off until level 4. In level 4 there was that little puzzle that has two players, boy, oh boy was that annoying. But it worked and it succeeded if I actually think about the amount of time I spent on that level. I guess it's time for some bad stuff/improvements.

So, Sceptile. The first thing I want to hit on in this game is that you WILL spend around 20 mins trying to actually beat it, I got really peeved on level 8 so I know I didn't beat it. The next bad thing In Birds And he Bees is that you won't know what player you are at the start, although I can guarantee that you will start to get the gist of it in later levels. There is also the attempt of levels, it kind-of works, but in another way it doesn't. I will give you a tip, Sceptile. Make the layered blocks a little stronger. Not too much more to make you change so I'll move on.

Theme:

There is actually a moderate theme and there is also a quite good understanding of what you are doing through-out the game. Maybe it's that this game actually lets you play as hero and friends. The theme in this game has actually inspired me to make my new game: Destruction. But this review isn't about my game, it's Birds And The Bees that I'm talking about. Anyway, I know this isn't actually the theme but the bright colors remind me of heaven. LOL.

Enemy and Hazard Placement:

This was pretty great to be really honest. I probably haven't seen so many traps, there were barely puzzles though and that sort-of let me down. I can't whinge though because all my are pretty much the same. Now the hazards are the main feature of   Birds And The Bees, the black is bad and it comes it all shapes and forms; Square, rectangle, triangle, sliding, elevating and staying still. It was quite fun avoiding them to be modest, let me change that: It was an extremely fun, and brilliant challenge avoiding these great splotches of dark that can completely and utterly annihilate you.

Ratings:

Enemies and Hazards:__4__/_5____

Theme:____2 _/___5__

Colors:___3_/_5____

Overall:_____/___5__

Feature Worthy Well It Was Feautured But It Was Way To Hard And Impossible But It Was Very Addicting With Its Gameplay Though  So This Was A Review Application By SMR [Sportsdude Miracle Reviews] Thank You
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 06:48 pm by sportsdude105 »
Gameshow Places

24th for Troy And Spell's
4th for Moola and Liam's

Offline Sploderking27

• Launcher
  • I take u down to China Town.
    • View Profile
Posted By: Sploderking27http://forums.sploder.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=220957&page=1#Item_8

My review. It is unjudged by a recruiter.

Offline #justforfun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Being Rus3000 since 2011
    • View Profile
Ok,I was denied 4 times,I'm denied at life and only Chuck Norris likes me.Lol.But,anyways,my application(I hope it's final)

So,today I'll review Stunned by Sack.Sack is a famous Sploder member.He only makes feature worthy games.So,I was searching for a good feature worthy game.So I've remembered Sack and choosed his newest game.Sadly,this game hasn't big amount of views.So,let's move on,I'm not going to spend all day on the intro:

Pre-thoughts:
Well,I'm pretty sure we are all aware of Sack,if you are not,you didn't register on Sploder.Sack holds Reviewer's position.Reviewers understand the sense in games (Uh...I think).So,Sack is Epic Game Maker,that's the words that characterize him.So,like all his games,I rated it 4.5 :).Now,let's talk about Thumbnail:

Thumbnail:
Well,it looks plain.All I really can see is that there's a little bit of decorations,darkness,switches and monsters.It's a little bit disappointing,I wanted to see a thumbnail that looks active.But,unfortunately,in this game you're just slowly walking across the game.Now about our review,which we are waiting for...

Review/Gameplay:
This game is full of tips:with each corridor you have a picture of the game,and it makes game not so difficult:)Ok,now I'll tell you about gameplay,and you'll understand what I'm talking about.
The game starts off the hall with two blue doors.All that you need to do is climb-out of hall.So,we all understood that we need blue key,of course.Once you climbed out,you see three ways:one of them locked by OneWay Door.Now remember my words:you're getting a full picture with each corridor.Second way closed by switches.Third way is the only way to start our adventure.You are getting up with staircase.Now we are searching for our first "real" battle.Sadly,there aren't as I call them "Real battles".We only can see some enemies.Snarley blocks our way:we need to defeat him.The power-ups and health were quite limited.

Puzzles:
Unfortunately,there aren't puzzles.I was searching for a game that includes many puzzles and traps in it,but I was guided by the logic:if this game made by popular member of Sploder,so it will be interesting and will include a lot of traps and puzzles.

Traps:
There aren't so many as I wanted,but that was enough for me.I'll tell you the secret:I only like games that includes traps,I don't like to complete them -_-.

Scenery:
Scenery wasn't awesome as I was waiting for,but it's was enough,same as I said to Traps.So,there aren't much to talk about,so let's move on.:)

Action:
There aren't enough action to talk about it.So,as I said it's not a "Real Battle" game.You don't need to use your logic,or challenge.This game was between "Relax Style" and "Adventure style".

Ratings:
Puzzles:1/5
Traps:4/5
Scenery:4/5
Action:2/5
Overall:11/25

Feature Worthy?:
Well,when I clicked "Play" button,I thought that this game will be feature worthy.After overall I understood that this game isn't.I hardly believed it,as this game was made by Sack.Sack is Epic Game Creator.

It was ORRS (Official Rus Reviewing Station)
                                                                                                                                                            -Rus3000

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
^^Denied^^
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline vaporeon

• Mortar
    • View Profile
Did I pass..

Offline shadowblade791

• Launcher
    • View Profile
This is a review I posted when I was temporarily banned from applying for review's, I am now 'un-banned' so I am re-posting this review.

Welcome. Today I will be reviewing stranded, a game made by mrdragon. I have not yet played any games made by mrdragon however he seems like a great game maker and his page he has a lot of good feedback. Also from what I can see his games look pretty good. I am really hoping this is going to be a good game because I am looking forward to reviewing his game. Stranded is a featured game so that increases its chances of being a good game. (Depending on the editor) I predict that by the end of this review I will be a fan of mrdragon. So let’s get on to the review, hope you like it!

Review:
I was really surprised when I read the description. I was expecting a storyline about being stranded and trying to escape. So I was disappointed when it said ‘beware, for those polygons’s can trap you!’ It really brought down my expectations (which weren’t too high in the first place.) The comments were one of the worst I had ever seen in a game. And the thing is the game currently does not have one good comment. The comments also told me that stranded was a timed game. That really worried me. But I like to give people the benefit of the doubt so I will review this game. Let’s just hope this is worth my time. Or more importantly: your time.

Gameplay, well for one thing I can’t say it’s easy. Within less than ten seconds of playing it I knew that mrdragon would have had to spend allot of time on it. I love how good the action mix’s in with the puzzles. There are lots of enemies but they do not crowd you and block your path. He seemed to favour invisible paths. Even though it was constantly it was still unique because he used it as a normal pathway just for the theme. This is good for him because I am someone who loves when the theme matches the gameplay. I died multiple times already but I have not stopped playing the game. The puzzles racked my brain. And the action, well couldn’t off been better!

Addictiveness and difficulty, its good, some people might even say great. It is very rare to see such addictiveness in a game that is so difficult. Stranded has so many puzzles, enemies and hazards but the game is still very fun. And you do not have to be a master at puzzles to have fun playing the game.  I don’t know what made the game so fun. Maybe it was the puzzles, maybe it was the intense action or maybe it was both?

Was there a maze? Yes and a good one I might add. The maze created a confusion effect which was backed up by great puzzles. At some points when I didn’t know where to go I was forced to make a guess decision because of the time. So my decision was mostly the wrong one. I also liked how the enemies were hidden until you past a certain part of the path, that made me even more unsure on what paths I should take and it also made it surprising when an enemy appeared. That to me is all of what you need in a maze.

All the placements are placed perfectly, there were health packs exactly where you need them and the enemies are placed in spots where they hurt you but they do not get in your way. The health packs mixed in with the enemies making a game routine that you would normally see in a real game. Also the block placement is good, it makes a great impact on the puzzle. I appreciate the great amount of work that mrdragon has put into making stranded such a puzzling game.

Design, well I don’t know what I was expecting from stranded’s design but the scenery is better than I could have ever imagined.  The design was used in a very artistic way. But, I noticed that the design of stranded is very similar to stranded 2’s design. However I could still tell that mrdragon had spent allot of time making sure that every detail was put to perfection. The start of the game has such an awesome design. And did I mention that the design changes allot but still doesn’t change from the theme. And that makes the design un-repetitive, a games design being repetitive is one of the things that can make me lose interest and stop playing.

Stranded is a very creative game in more ways than one. At first I thought it was going to be a boring to hard basic game. I was so happy to be so wrong. I have not seen a game that has so many enemies and still has an open pathway. I also like the way that he makes you feel like you are trapped but when you move forward you discover that the pathway opens up. The whole way that everything is set out is very creative. I mean everything is set to look as realistic as possible but it still has crazy action and mind blowing puzzles. Also this game is not a repetitive game, which was an unexpected thing. From the picture and the title I really thought this game was going to be repetitive! But it is not!

Offline shadowblade791

• Launcher
    • View Profile
Pros:
-Puzzle.
-Action.
-Design.

Cons:
-Storyline.
-Time.

Ratings:
Puzzle: 5/5.
Action: 4/5.
Design: 3/5.
Creativity: 3/5.
Overall: 4/5.

Feature worthy?
The question: Is stranded feature worthy? Answer: Yes. Stranded has action, puzzle and great design, also they all go together! So yes, stranded is a feature worthy game. I recommend this game to someone who loves puzzling classic shooter game. Or someone who is just looking for a  challenge. Great work mrdragon, for creating an awesome game for me to play. I don’t get why the comments were so bad...

This has been a review by shadowblade791: I really hope you enjoyed reading it!

Jaggertoo

Posted By: vaporeonDid I pass..

Posted By: superluigi77^^Denied^^

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Posted By: Jaggertoo

It was pointing at rus3000's review. I haven't read vaporeon's review because I can't remember if he/she was really an alt or not. Vaporeon matches certain people on the MS but I have a feeling that I was told a good reason for that.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Jaggertoo

Posted By: superluigi77
Posted By: Jaggertoo

It was pointing at rus3000's review. I haven't read vaporeon's review because I can't remember if he/she was really an alt or not. Vaporeon matches certain people on the MS but I have a feeling that I was told a good reason for that.

Oh, okay.

Offline vaporeon

• Mortar
    • View Profile
I am not an alt, I have 3 brothers that have each a sploder account...

Offline shadowblade791

• Launcher
    • View Profile
Has anyone read my review?

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Posted By: vaporeonI am not an alt, I have 3 brothers that have each a sploder account...
That's what I thought. I think you told me that before, as well. I apologize for my fickle memory.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline komal2002

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
how do u even write the review????????????????????????

Offline vaporeon

• Mortar
    • View Profile
Posted By: vaporeonI am not an alt, I have 3 brothers that have each a sploder account...
That's what I thought. I think you told me that before, as well. I apologize for my fickle memory.

sooooo... Did I pass?

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Posted By: vaporeon

sooooo... Did I pass?
Have some patience. I'm just waiting for a few more reviews so I can evaluate them all at once.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline vaporeon

• Mortar
    • View Profile

Offline GFz Ponies

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • Magical Ponies
    • View Profile
Posted By: shadowblade791Has anyone read my review?

I have and one thing I would really suggest is get to the point, there is just some stuff in there that can be taken out. I'm not going to tell you what but you can handle it :)
xEddge

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
Is mine one that you're waiting to evaluate with some others?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:31 pm by jackjoshseb »
#WCGP

Offline shadowblade791

• Launcher
    • View Profile
soo did i fail or pass?

Offline JJS

• Something Unreal
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Something Awful
    • View Profile
Posted By: shadowblade791soo did i fail or pass?

You need to edit it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 02:32 am by jackjoshseb »
#WCGP

Offline Gt

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
Game: Desert adventure.

Maker: Gamethomas.

Type: Platformer.

Pre Thoughts: I haven't played any of gamethomas's games so it made this a surprise.
I have heard that he is well known and that meant only one thing to me ''GOTTA PLAY HIS GAMES'' so thats what I did. But I was dying to play desert adventures out of all of the others because its thumb-nail looked superb in every point of view.
Before you play this game you think it would be an average one with not much detail but you soon discover that you get a major surprise when coming to this one because it is a game that catches your eye with out fail that then lures you in to discover a whole new mission set apon you. It murders you into playing it and without a word you know in an instant that this was made for you to discover the depest darkest secret ever. And of course you just have to have the slightest peak ever to witness the wrath of power held in the hands of this game.

Everyone knows about superior design in games but some don't know about this one, you can't really compare this one to others. It is a game with design that just blows your socks off it has a well made structure and is a favorite in seconds. I couldn't help but to fall in love with it.
He made it as if it was a final with a great perspective in every corner waiting for you to find it. He made this game with a blasting inferior enough to make a possible hole in your pants.
I don't know how he did it, but I want the recipe. But as much a you seek the answer it never pops out. I think he just makes it look as easy as pie.

Enemy placment was a major role in this game. They were perfectly spread out. They were all in the exact places that continued to haunt you, however there was a couple that let the role down a little and that was that they were a little bit hard to get past. Those were mainly only my concerns until I got through the hard part but suddenly my concerns were no longer valid as I knew it fitted into the character of the puzzle. In this game the enemy placement was definatly a classic for sure. As I said it was a major role in the game to making it superb. It could of been a tiny bit better but it was still a great part of the game.

This game had a couple of traps but not too much at all. I was not expecting really no traps at all I thought he would of had much more traps that would automatically tell you that it was waiting to swallow you but however my wish was not true. The traps in this game were defenitly transparent and they were easy to spot, but they were not hard at all to conquer. They are always trying to swallow you alive but it never works you can always tell when they are waiting and where they are waiting. This was a part of the game that was a let down and a con. It would have made this game much more stronger in the difficult section and would have given it a challenge.

This game definitely had a story line and it was simple, and that was to capture the crystals and stay alive get to the exit and win.
It was a game that could go for 24/7 non stop and would always be a favourite. It was probobly the best game I have ever seen on sploder.
This game was a non stopper, once you were playing you were pulled into the hands of this game witch draged you and made you want to carry on. It practically straight away etched its way into the favourites of your games.

Offline Gt

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
Puzzles, well they were pretty spot on. You could say they fited into the catagory of the pros but however a couple were quite plain and easy to navigate through. It boosted my hopes on how good this game could be, it just makes your day a whole lot better until you get to the main chorus. It is like heaven delight it is something that possibly can't be missed and stands out well as if it is waiting for you to get swallowd.
Most of the puzzles are definantly hard in every way and I think they were hard puzzles because he made a difficult game with the irresistible touch added at the end and it gives people a challenge that makes them want to win.
See for yourself, they're in the perfect area at the right time.

Pros:
great design
good enemy placement
well thought out

Cons:
traps
difficult

Game play: 9/10
There was nothing that slowed you down by lag I liked it.

Scenery: 8/10
It could have been a little better with the scenery but it was still fine.

Placement enemies: 9/10
Enemy's could have been slightly a tiny bit better but apart from that I loved it.

Block Placement: 9.5/10
There was only one thing I could really say about the block placement and that was that it was superb.

Puzzles & Traps: 6.5/10
The traps definantly let this game down but puzzles overall were ok.