Author Topic: Luigi's Advice to Make Your Reviews Better. (Read This if You Want to be a Reviewer!)  (Read 7999 times)

Offline residentevilrocks

• Mortar
    • View Profile
and may I get the link of the thread that grant used the line?

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Posted By: residentevilrocks
Posted By: superluigi77The line you used about games being pieces of entertainment, I'm pretty sure grant used the same line a little while back in a friendly debate with elgamer. This could be a coincidence, but it brings to a cautionary tale I'm sure you've heard about gamecreater17 and the dangers of plagiarism. What he did was copy younguns' (Youngcaliman. It's the nickname we agreed on.) review in the reviewer recruitment thread. This got him banned for life from the thread, meaning he can never be a ms reviewer. If you plagiarize in real life the consequences could be much worse. I'm not saying that you plagiarized that line, I just this as a good opportunity to warn you against it.

Do you think I would be banned submitting this review?
No. It's just one line. Just don't copy an entire review. If you really want to see where grant used it just do a topic search of Halo 4. It was a thread comparing Halo 4 and COD.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

• Mortar
    • View Profile
I found it.
Posted By: 7grant2
Posted By: elgamerIt's a technique in business... I studied this before... let's take Apple for example.. There iPhone 1 gets old so they create another to make double the profit... almost every company does this once their merchandise gets out - of - date... very simple and easy to spot out
The actual game is not a piece of hardware, its a piece of entertainment.

So does the review still need improvement or the review is ready to be posted in Emp's thread?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 12:10 am by residentevilrocks »

Offline jomatt99

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
Give me a game.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Posted By: residentevilrocksI found it.
Posted By: elgamerIt's a technique in business... I studied this before... let's take Apple for example.. There iPhone 1 gets old so they create another to make double the profit... almost every company does this once their merchandise gets out - of - date... very simple and easy to spot out

So does the review still need improvement or the review is ready to be posted in Emp's thread?
It just seemed unusual to me that you would say something so similar. If you want to submit your review, you can. If I were you I would check over your review once more for spelling and grammatical errors. I think it has a chance, but only you can decide if it's good enough to be submitted.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Posted By: jomatt99Give me a game.
Can I give you one of my games? It occurs to me that when I'm reviewing a review, it helps to know the game that is being reviewed.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

• Mortar
    • View Profile
Posted By: superluigi77

It just seemed unusual to me that you would say something so similar. If you want to submit your review, you can. If I were you I would check over your review once more for spelling and grammatical errors. I think it has a chance, but only you can decide if it's good enough to be submitted.

ok. Wish me luck!

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube

ok. Wish me luck!
I wish thee luck.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline jomatt99

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
Posted By: jomatt99Give me a game.
Can I give you one of my games? It occurs to me that when I'm reviewing a review, it helps to know the game that is being reviewed.

Ok, give me one.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
I shall make sure to give you one of my better ones... I want to give you one that won't be too difficult... Better be... Maelstrom!
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline jomatt99

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
Posted By: superluigi77I shall make sure to give you one of my better ones... I want to give you one that won't be too difficult... Better be...Maelstrom!

I need an easier one. :/

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
Posted By: superluigi77The line you used about games being pieces of entertainment, I'm pretty sure grant used the same line a little while back in a friendly debate with elgamer. This could be a coincidence, but it brings to a cautionary tale I'm sure you've heard about gamecreater17 and the dangers of plagiarism. What he did was copy younguns' (Youngcaliman. It's the nickname we agreed on.) review in the reviewer recruitment thread. This got him banned for life from the thread, meaning he can never be a ms reviewer. If you plagiarize in real life the consequences could be much worse. I'm not saying that you plagiarized that line, I just this as a good opportunity to warn you against it.

Hey, next time you want to use a line, put quotations and list your source.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Posted By: swallowthesun

Hey, next time you want to use a line, put quotations and list your source.
That wasn't really the case here. He didn't really use a line. It was just coincidence that he and grant said something similar. Nothing more.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
Either way, that's what you do when you want to. I'm not stating that he stole a line...

Offline jomatt99

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
Just give me an easy one... I couldn't get that one.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Posted By: jomatt99Just give me an easy one... I couldn't get that one.
All my best games are difficult. I may have to dig into my archives...Hang Castle one of my oldest and most favorite games that I have made. I hope it will be to your liking.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

• Mortar
    • View Profile
Because this thread helped me, I would like to return the favor by thanking superluigi77 twice and say

BUMP!

Thanks!

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Double BUMP!
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline jomatt99

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
I'm gonna find a game on my own. I'm not really even into shooters.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Posted By: swallowthesunWell, I have a game that's long enough and not too hard to complete (might take you twenty minutes at the most). Play if ya want. It's a platformer by the way
virus Part 1 The Lab
I know you have good intentions, but don't use my thread to advertise your game.
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
Posted By: swallowthesunWell, I have a game that's long enough and not too hard to complete (might take you twenty minutes at the most). Play if ya want. It's a platformer by the way
virus Part 1 The Lab
I know you have good intentions, but don't use my thread to advertise your game.

Alrighty then. I will whisper it to myself.

Offline jomatt99

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
virus Part 1 The Lab

I think he was posting it for me.

virus Part 1 The Lab

I'll play.

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile

Offline jomatt99

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
Posted By: swallowthesunThanks.

I don't like it. Send me a good game of yours.

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Posted By: jomatt99
Posted By: swallowthesunThanks.

I don't like it. Send me a good game of yours.
You have impossible standards. You do know that you don't need to beat a game in order to review it, don't you?
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline swallowthesun

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Emperor Napoleon I
    • View Profile
Why doesn't this get fused already?

Offline Superluigi77

• The Young Wolf
  • Bugmeister
  • Be Heroic
    • View Profile
    • Best of Youtube
Posted By: swallowthesunWhy doesn't this get fused already?
~Shrugs~
The Boogeyman is Coming.

Offline beastatcards

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
Do you have any platformer games that you made. I like would like too review one of those.

Offline beastatcards

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
Never mind could you look over my review to.