Author Topic: Those who Abusively (Un)feature Games  (Read 696 times)

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
Those who Abusively (Un)feature Games
« on: August 21, 2010, 06:51 pm »
If you see someone unfeature a game abusively in the Editor's News Feed, post their username here. With how many editors that have been unfeaturing and Geoff not very happy at all, it will be mandatory to post those who unfeature here. Also note that abuse of featuring games can result in stripping of the editor ranking.

Exceptions can occur if they violate certain http://forums.sploder.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=98790&page=1#Item_2'>rules.

Exception Rules:
Rule 2: Only feature games that are worth it. If someone asks you to feature if because they are your friend say no. If someone asks you to feature a game and they will give you 1 million dollars don't. No matter what, you feature a game because of its quality.

Rule 3: No abuse of powers. This means that game cannot be featured as awards of a contest, nor anything of that sort. Game are only to be featured if they are good and worthwhile. This also goes for featuring your own games.

Rule 6: Do not feature art games. We look for good games on the site, not art. All art games will be immediately unfeatured.

Now you are probably wondering what about rule 5 or 4? Well with rule 5, if someone refeatures a game that doesn't mean UNfeature it. That in itself would violate rule 1, so you would simply leave that game alone and let it sink back down. As for rule 4 it can get confusing. Again, while featuring one person's game often is frowned upon that doesn't mean UNfeature the games. They are probably still very good games and unfeaturing them violates rule 1.

GROUNDS OF RULE 2
Now this is where all the chaos has been. With editors, there are diverse opinions about games and how they are good or bad. Again the only way this is going to work is cooperation, and it seems all the editors lack that. If an editor sees a game and didn't play it all the way through thinking "oh this game is bad", they unfeature it. That sparks fury in the editor that thought it was a magnificent game and then tension builds between editors.

How else can we solve this? POST THE GAME YOU THINK IS BAD IN THIS CATEGORY. Caps lock just makes it so you can see that part without reading this whole comment which some of you might not. This is the only way that we can truly see if the game one questions is feature worthy or not. A few editors will post their opinion after playing most of the game, and if it really turns out to be bad than unfeature it.

And if you are going to go lone-wolf on unfeaturing, which is aggrevating nonetheless, at least play the entire game. If you can't get past the first 1/4 of a game you might have not seen all that it offers. So let this be a message to those who love unfeaturing, play the entire game before making a decision.

GLITCHES IN THE EDITORIAL SYSTEM
With this system there are bugs Geoff didn't patch through. All I can say is attempt to feature games as well as possible doing everything in the correct way and order. Since we can't fix them, we have to live with them. I have yet to reach a conclusion to whether you should unfeature games that are bumped when you feature another game by the same person, but as of now do NOT unfeature them.

NOTICE: These new rules apply starting from the date of this post 8-22-10 and will continue to apply until edited. I will announce when there is change in the current rules so do not worry about checking this thread often.

Abusive Editor------------------Infraction
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 12:35 pm by 7grant2 »

Offline 123tanman123

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 08:01 pm »
Posted By: 7grant2If you see someone unfeature a game in the Editor's News Feed, post their username here. I hope everyone here gets stripped of their editor rank.

CURRENT UNFEATURING EDITORS
Elroysice
Wow, just wow.
http://www.sploder.com/games/members/123tanman123/

Check out my games :) 10 Featured and counting

Offline jeoffffff

• Disruptor
  • sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 08:03 pm »
What about the obvious exceptions, like someone featuring an art game, or what happened with walrusman and happyjack, when happyjack featured all of his games? You should be able to un-feature then.
sup

Offline darut1234

• Mogura
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 08:38 pm »
What the hell?

Offline Jammyt2

• Straw Hat Luffy
  • Mogura
  • Goodbye Sploder =)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 08:41 pm »

Posted By: darut1234What the hell?

Offline Elroy

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • The Optimist? I think?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 09:57 pm »
I unfeatured the game because I featured it on accident.

But seriously, demoting us because we unfeature games? What has geoff done?

#ExcitedForHRD2

Offline 123tanman123

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 11:11 pm »
Posted By: elroysiceI unfeatured the game because I featured it on accident.

But seriously, demoting us because we unfeature games? What has geoff done?
You aren't going to get demoted. It's not going to happen. Lol

Offline neal

• Soldier
  • Bugmeister
  • WASSSUPP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 11:26 pm »
I think grant's finally lost it.

Offline Cyclone43

• The "Calm" Arsonist
  • Banned
  • Bugmeister
  • It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 06:59 am »
Posted By: 7grant2If you see someone unfeature a game in the Editor's News Feed, post their username here. I hope everyone here gets stripped of their editor rank.
Posted By: 123tanman123

Elroysice
Wow, just wow.

Elroysice

Grant, I've never seen you act like this much of an idiot before.
Posted By: jeoffffffWhat about the obvious exceptions, like someone featuring an art game, or what happened with walrusman and happyjack, when happyjack featured all of his games? You should be able to un-feature then.
Thankful People:Cyclone43

This.
What if someone features a bad game? What if the brandon incident also?
I know the world doesn't revolve around what if's, but it's happened before. Grant, you just made a big mistake. Grant, use of unfeaturing can occur, but also featuring. Seriously grant? You've lost it. Since when was unfeaturing automatic abuse of power when featuring a bad game?! Stop acting an idiot and actually gets some sense. Do you seriously not know what you're risking? Someone who solves chaos loses their editor position. Do you really want this? If geoff didn't want us to unfeature any games, we wouldn't still have the ability.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 07:01 am by Cyclone43 »

Offline maddogten

• Centipede
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 08:01 am »
There will be a few Exceptions.

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 11:56 am »
Posted By: maddogtenThere will be a few Exceptions.
There are exceptions. Yeah I kind of slopped this up quickly, I'll revise it. EDIT: Rofl I know see what I typed and how I sounded like a lunatic.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 12:05 pm by 7grant2 »

Offline 123tanman123

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 09:27 pm »
You should be able to unfeature accidentally bumped games. A good example is Noblemans quest. That game has 8500 views because of allowing it to stay featured. Let a new game have a chance in the spotlight. >.>

Offline liv33vil

• The old wolf.
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 08:37 am »
Posted By: 123tanman123You should be able to unfeature accidentally bumped games. A good example is Noblemans quest. That game has 8500 views because of allowing it to stay featured. Let a new game have a chance in the spotlight. >.>

I am pretty sure that glitch happens to editors picks, therefore games that do that should be removed from weekly editor picks, and just be a regular featured game. This may solve the problem.
I'm trapped in a world that I don't wanna be in but I know that there's no way out...It burns inside every time that I rhyme but I know that there's no way out...My brain is not insane, but I'm insane if you know what I'm saying....

Offline nikobellicplayscod6

• Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 08:51 am »
Can only editors see the ''Editors News Feed''.

Offline jeoffffff

• Disruptor
  • sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 08:54 am »
Posted By: nikobellicplayscod6Can only editors see the ''Editors News Feed''.
Yes. I think.
sup

Offline theravicale

• Local semi-tech-literate person. And The Oracle.
  • Electropede
  • I'm a mod that actually does something :3
    • View Profile
    • RavicDesign
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 08:01 am »
no you can see it on twitter from what I remembered.

Offline liv33vil

• The old wolf.
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 03:23 pm »
Posted By: liv33vil
Posted By: 123tanman123You should be able to unfeature accidentally bumped games. A good example is Noblemans quest. That game has 8500 views because of allowing it to stay featured. Let a new game have a chance in the spotlight. >.>

I am pretty sure that glitch happens to editors picks, therefore games that do that should be removed from weekly editor picks, and just be a regular featured game. This may solve the problem.

I would just like to point out, That since Noblemans Quest is no longer a weekly editors pick, it no longer bumps.
So we should just make sure that a creator has no editor picks before featuring a new game by them. If they do, make the weekly editor pick a regular feature. And it will keep it from bumping.
I'm trapped in a world that I don't wanna be in but I know that there's no way out...It burns inside every time that I rhyme but I know that there's no way out...My brain is not insane, but I'm insane if you know what I'm saying....